Recommended Posts

Hmm I know very little about the handling of this weapon but I think it looks alright. However, in terms of looks for a pistol, my heart belongs to the beretta M9

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how dose it compare to a glock? im asking because  the glock 17 only pistol i have had and fired 

Edited by Samsevo
miss spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Samsevo said:

how dose it compare to a glock? im asking because  the glock 17 only pistol i have had and fired 

I haven't shot any weapon, ever myself. But i understand physics, and have seen many reviews about many different weapons.

What i can tell you about that is that apparently Sig weapons are very reliable and way under appreciated. Glock on the other hand is a very solid platform, and surely does stand up in reliability compared to most brands. But the thing i never understood is the sights. It's just a bit too much in your face in my opinion, whilst the p226 is a bit more subtle (not by much). But yeah, based on sights, i'd still prefer the Makarov.

That's based on logic and physics, not on personal experience ofcs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2016 at 11:35 AM, Samsevo said:

how dose it compare to a glock? im asking because  the glock 17 only pistol i have had and fired 

The Sig's a metal-framed, double-single action hammer-fired pistol versus your Glock being a polymer-framed striker-fired pistol.

So, with the Sig the trigger is heavier and longer for the first shot. Glock has the same trigger pull every single shot (which IMO is better.) Sig weighs more, so it has a little bit less recoil impulse overall, but since the barrel axis is a lot higher it has more muzzle "flip." The Glock is lighter, but in my opinion it's much more controllable because it hugs your hand and sits much lower, so it recoils straight back. Not saying the P226 recoils much since it is relatively heavy, but I do notice it wants to come upward off target more than the Glock models.

Capacity is similar between the G17 and Sig P226 (17/18 w/Mec-Gar mags.)

Sig is reliable mostly, aside from some small QC issues with SigArms USA. Glock is more reliable, but the Sig isn't unreliable. In my opinion the Glock shoots better for its lighter weight. I've always liked the Glock sights better than three-dot too. It's a lot faster to line up and can't be confused in low-light.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sushi said:

The Sig's a metal-framed, double-single action hammer-fired pistol versus your Glock being a polymer-framed striker-fired pistol.

So, with the Sig the trigger is heavier and longer for the first shot. Glock has the same trigger pull every single shot (which IMO is better.) Sig weighs more, so it has a little bit less recoil impulse overall, but since the barrel axis is a lot higher it has more muzzle "flip." The Glock is lighter, but in my opinion it's much more controllable because it hugs your hand and sits much lower, so it recoils straight back. Not saying the P226 recoils much since it is relatively heavy, but I do notice it wants to come upward off target more than the Glock models.

Capacity is similar between the G17 and Sig P226 (17/18 w/Mec-Gar mags.)

Sig is reliable mostly, aside from some small QC issues with SigArms USA. Glock is more reliable, but the Sig isn't unreliable. In my opinion the Glock shoots better for its lighter weight. I've always liked the Glock sights better than three-dot too. It's a lot faster to line up and can't be confused in low-light.

thanks man. good  way to explain them both. would you say its easier for a beginner to fire accurately with the p226 because of the longer barrel?  i ask because our CO always told us the glock was hard to shoot because of the short barrel ... but god its fun too shoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Samsevo said:

thanks man. good  way to explain them both. would you say its easier for a beginner to fire accurately with the p226 because of the longer barrel?  i ask because our CO always told us the glock was hard to shoot because of the short barrel ... but god its fun too shoot

Well, he's actually incorrect there - the Glock 17 has a 4.49'' barrel, the Sig P226 has a 4.4'' barrel. Unless he means the Glock 19 - which is the most popular Glock in the military and LE generally speaking, and does have a shorter 4.01'', but it's a different size of gun - you would compare it to the M11 pistol / Sig P228 or P229, which are also shorter at 3.9''.

While it's true that a Glock isn't as mechanically accurate as say, a tuned 1911 or a Sig P226 if you busted out a caliper and measured the groups on target, I think they're ergonomically easier to be accurate with. In that sense, a Sig P226 or a Beretta 92F has a 11 lb~ trigger in double action. That's four some times the weight of the pistol that you have to manipulate with your index finger to fire the gun, then after that shot, you have usually a 5 lb trigger. Now you have to train with two different trigger pulls.

A Glock, on the other hand has a 4.5-5.5 lb trigger pull every single shot. That's in the 1911-range for trigger pull weight. It also doesn't have a slide-mounted safety that can be accidentally engaged like a 92F - it's very point and shoot.

The polymer frame is also smaller than a lot of metal-frame guns like the Beretta or Sig, and it has less muzzle "flip." The sights are simple, too though not everyone likes them.

All that said, a handgun is 90% personal preference so you might shoot a Sig or Beretta better than a Glock. The Glock has a different grip angle than a Browning-style handgun and that puts some people off. It's just that the Glock is "okay" for a whole lot of people since it's moderately sized and has a light trigger. Sometimes the trigger length or grip size on a full-size service pistol like the M9 or P226 don't work for everyone.

Edited by Sushi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it in real life. Feels like a dream in the hand. Between this, a P39L, a USP, and a 1911, the 226 is the most sexy gun in the hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
В 01.02.2016в21:37, Goodmydaniel сказал:

Are we going to get bigger magazines for it? Like a 20 bullet magazine etc.? (Yes i'm on a magazine question hunt! :cannedmilk:)

Yep

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 5:31 AM, Sushi said:

The Sig's a metal-framed, double-single action hammer-fired pistol versus your Glock being a polymer-framed striker-fired pistol.

So, with the Sig the trigger is heavier and longer for the first shot. Glock has the same trigger pull every single shot (which IMO is better.) Sig weighs more, so it has a little bit less recoil impulse overall, but since the barrel axis is a lot higher it has more muzzle "flip." The Glock is lighter, but in my opinion it's much more controllable because it hugs your hand and sits much lower, so it recoils straight back. Not saying the P226 recoils much since it is relatively heavy, but I do notice it wants to come upward off target more than the Glock models.

Capacity is similar between the G17 and Sig P226 (17/18 w/Mec-Gar mags.)

Sig is reliable mostly, aside from some small QC issues with SigArms USA. Glock is more reliable, but the Sig isn't unreliable. In my opinion the Glock shoots better for its lighter weight. I've always liked the Glock sights better than three-dot too. It's a lot faster to line up and can't be confused in low-light.

Personally, I find the 5-7 to be a very nice combination of both; lightweight SAO, hammer fired, bore axis is a little high but mitigated by the relatively light recoil of the 5.7x28mm. Any experience with one, Sushi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2016 at 9:04 AM, Starlight said:

Personally, I find the 5-7 to be a very nice combination of both; lightweight SAO, hammer fired, bore axis is a little high but mitigated by the relatively light recoil of the 5.7x28mm. Any experience with one, Sushi?

No, haven't fired a Five-seveN yet. I've heard good things about their recoil (or lack thereof) and shooting characteristics though. Friend used one to good effect for a bullseye contest on another site I was on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be a little bit perfectionism going on with me... But shouldnt the part just above the first picture be ''Perfect design, double action / single action, no manual safety, highly operational, from civilians to US Navy Seals. Its all about 226 series.''

Since it has first shot double action(heavy trigger pull) if the hammer aint cocked, and then single action (light trigger pull) after that

Edited by fenrir22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shot one and some others at the weekend, just for comparsion...

I can say that i liked the safety / decocker. overall very ergonomic compared to a Beretta...

 

photo_2016-05-21_21-22-38.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks amazing. Had a P226 for 8 years as my service sidearm. Love it to bits, durable, reliable, pretty accurate and looks nice. Definitely going to be using this in EFT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now