Blackb1rd

The Oceania server started!

Dear friends!

Battlestate Games is pleased to announce that the Escape from Tarkov server for Oceania has been successfully launched and is working stably!

From this day, the players of Oceania will be able to enjoy the game in full.

Please note, nothing needs to be done on the players end. The game will choose the best server depending on the IP you connect with, or the team leaders best connected server

See you in Tarkov!

M63C0LBwTQg.jpg

• Upvote 33

I know our Aussie brothers have been having a hard time playing, now you finally can play with better service! Enjoy!

Edited by scoobysenpaijr
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MrPicklesTheDog said:

Wooo! Heres to a stable escape.

It should be noted somewhere (probably stickied) that the REGION on the BSG launcher still shows USA, despite the fact that Oceanic servers are being connected to. Some people will be worried that they cannot see 'Oceanic' so its relevant to bring up the point. Perhaps a facebook update?

• Upvote 1

Just now, SpectreX said:

It should be noted somewhere (probably stickied) that the REGION on the BSG launcher still shows USA, despite the fact that Oceanic servers are being connected to. Some people will be worried that they cannot see 'Oceanic' so its relevant to bring up the point. Perhaps a facebook update?

Ahh yes, it will connect automatically, should be changed later on however even though it says the region is US you will still be connected to OCE servers.

1 minute ago, SpectreX said:

Just updated main post to let people know they are automatically connected depending on ip location

• Upvote 1

I think there still should be a indicator ingame that shows to what server location you connect. Maybe in the raid lobby screen. So that you see for example if you teamup with somebody from a different location what to expect. Maybe even show a fast average ping to a gameserver of that location.

• Upvote 1

This was awesome news when announced was coming -  and am totally blown away that the servers have come and way ahead of schedule - WOW!!! awesome news - thank you so much BSG!!

Quicker than anticipated, but welcomed with open arms!

Get in there and get that server tested, and enjoy some smoother Tarkov gameplay :)

• Upvote 1

This is good news for everyone, because we will see less desync now. When people in OCE were connecting to our servers it was causing desync. WOOT!!!

3 hours ago, Orbixal said:

Enjoy your new servers guys :)

One question my friend: I live in Europe and I had bad desync. Some people said Oceania people could be causing it becasue they had no servers and had to use ours.... do you think that now we will have better gameplay experience and less lag/desync?

I ask instead of going directly to play becasue I am afraid of the desync (by saying this you know how much desync I had, no joke).

Terminator, it will for sure help with desync because they will now be on their own servers, not using the U.S. or Euro servers.

• Upvote 1

Just in time for us to load them up for Friday night! Thanks to everybody who have been working around the clock to get this off the ground. All the AU and NZ + Ocieanic players rejoice :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Terminator01 said:

One question my friend: I live in Europe and I had bad desync. Some people said Oceania people could be causing it becasue they had no servers and had to use ours.... do you think that now we will have better gameplay experience and less lag/desync?

I ask instead of going directly to play becasue I am afraid of the desync (by saying this you know how much desync I had, no joke).

We should definitely see some improvement, not saying 100% disappearance, but better then what we've faced.

I'm no expert when it comes to these things that's why I stated I'm not guaranteeing 100% none because someone in oce can still have a team leader in Us or eu and they will have to play on that persons server

• Upvote 1