Blackb1rd

The Oceania server started!

How do you connect to the Aussie servers automatically? When I play from Singapore I still join US servers @ 400ms. When I use a VPN to mask as Sydney I connect with @ 100ms. 

Can anyone comment on this?

Same here, from Singapore, just played a pub factory game, and my connection is to Europe (85.195.73.70) with about 350+ms ping

Any reason why I get connected to different server locations? I don't use a VPN. I live in New Zealand. 

Ip: 92.223.86.8 = EU Server

Ip: 139.99.130.158/9 = OCE ServerScreenshot_1.png.f9e92377811daa6d3602427c380f96bb.png

On 8/26/2017 at 1:11 PM, Katarn said:

How do you connect to the Aussie servers automatically? When I play from Singapore I still join US servers @ 400ms. When I use a VPN to mask as Sydney I connect with @ 100ms. 

Can anyone comment on this?

Probably due to the limited resources on OCE server, so its overflowing to US, as it should. I'd imagine that this wont be the long-term strategy, but is to test overflowing of players to multiple servers while having no or minimal notice in performance drop.

Without knowing the network specifics, or how Unity / EFT performs on its Network side, I could only speculate that its something related to Quality of Service

We are north America and we getting piggy backed to Frankfurt and Sydney half of the time instead of Miami. Take note.

• Upvote 1

The game wasnt really ready for a beta release. It should have been put back by another few months. Its worse having the option to play but have it crash, drop out of server, dsync, and all the other know issues. 1st rule when you release something have teh support to back it up. They have the figures of sales and locations of people who bought it. Now before releasing a game have the servers so we can test it properly.. Having aussie servers is just false hope.

You gear up to play and it puts u somewhere else. You die becasue of lagg and lose everything. No chance at all.

• Upvote 1

Thank you! AT LAST! so pissed this has taken so long, but at least we have it now and I can kill and pillage again,

So.... I just recently found out that the game released Oceanic servers. I rejoiced, bought the game (no vpns, straight up, account location Thailand) and began playing. Detected horrid lags and tried to pinpoint the cause. JhaOZ25.png

Why does my profile says my region is "Other"?

How to force connection to Oceanic servers? I checked game logs and the servers i was connecting for my games are in Russia!

W4HQO3Z.png

Do we have ANY estimated time of arrival for the Asia servers? We know they are next, but when next? Next month? Next week? I cant play if im getting lag-dunked by random Russians all the time. Pop a dude in the head, run around a corner and duck in cover, take sudden magical damage and die. Yay.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Esso said:

So.... I just recently found out that the game released Oceanic servers. I rejoiced, bought the game (no vpns, straight up, account location Thailand) and began playing. Detected horrid lags and tried to pinpoint the cause. JhaOZ25.png

Why does my profile says my region is "Other"?

How to force connection to Oceanic servers? I checked game logs and the servers i was connecting for my games are in Russia!

W4HQO3Z.png

Do we have ANY estimated time of arrival for the Asia servers? We know they are next, but when next? Next month? Next week? I cant play if im getting lag-dunked by random Russians all the time. Pop a dude in the head, run around a corner and duck in cover, take sudden magical damage and die. Yay.

As of now there is not much known about the release of Asia servers however hopefully it will be quite soon, as of now the game launcher still says USA as it does not affect what server you connect to, the only thing that does is your IP's best connection. I hope that Asia servers are added as much as you but for now we must wait.

Keep in mind people, there was news saying that undersea cables around SEA have been damaged by typhoons.

It is the reason why everybody connecting from SEA right now are having terrible connections.

I'm also only getting connected to US and Germany servers. I've played mostly from Adelaide but am currently connected from Perth and I have not once yet been established on the Australian server. Is running netstat -bn from CMD prompt not the accurate way to find what the IP address is of the server you're established on?

Is there a better way to check the location of the server your connected to? 

Thanks in advance