Blackb1rd

Countercheating measures

Recommended Posts

Today we'd like to bring up the topic that concerns everybody, i.e. countercheating work; precisely, to shed some light on how this work is being done in Escape from Tarkov.

The anticheat work is a constant process inseparable from the project's lifecycle, even if it looks as if nothing is happening, the anticheat works are still very much in full swing.

These works for Escape from Tarkov are carried out by a separate team, exclusively dedicated to monitoring the hacks market and inventing effective countermeasures. The essence of their work is the analysis of the existing hacking methods to reveal how are they working, what influence do they have on the game process and how do they interact with the game. Based on that research, the detection and counteraction algorithms are built. For that work to be effective, the cheating players are first being collected and monitored first, and banned later.

We strongly disapprove any behavior of such kind and wish everyone a fair play in Escape from Tarkov!

EFT_Post_FightCheaters_EN.jpg

  • Upvote 43

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tldr.  cheaters must cheat for a while so devs can adjust the anticheat so it can find and ban everyone using said cheat.

So report function would not help them. Also it would be misused, every time anone got killed and didnt know where the shots are coming from he would report the player that killed him. Just look at  some videos from PUBG, salty ppl reporting everyone just because they are bad at the game

  • Upvote 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the infos, feels good to read that BattleState is on it :)

Keep doing the good job!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you - I like how the gamescom interviews and questions make their way to answers for us beta players here. As cheating is more and more becoming a hot topic, this should share some light and hopefully cool down some minds :begreat:

Keep it up, informations and news are greeeeat :uhappy:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you pin this please? I don't know if this was stated before or not. If it was, we're all freaking out because we didn't know this / it wasn't pinned. Thanks either way. The information is appreciated.

 

Thank you for the pin!

Edited by Franco-s
Thank you!
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info @Blackb1rd, Hoping to see an improvement in due time as with every ban wave :)

I've personally still not encountered any cheaters, but I know they're out there. They will be found, and they will be banned.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the news. I believe cheaters are aware of the stupidity of their behavior. Good work, go ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting this. Many threads about that in the last days and you reacted. That's how it should be.

Keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Blackb1rd Thank you for addressing the newer community members on this topic. Those of us who have been around a while KNOW that the anti-cheat system for EFT is First-Class. The ban waves are something everyone must get use to, as video evidence is truly not reliable 100% of the time. For example, 3 of my squad mates and myself were annihilated by a flying PMC with a PM on Woods. Four shots fired, we were all dead. Even with Kivr's on. We know this guy, and others like him, will get banned. Not too much salt about it. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, FurryAlot said:

Tldr.  cheaters must cheat for a while so devs can adjust the anticheat so it can find and ban everyone using said cheat.

So report function would not help them. Also it would be misused, every time anone got killed and didnt know where the shots are coming from he would report the player that killed him. Just look at  some videos from PUBG, salty ppl reporting everyone just because they are bad at the game

Like an immune system. Gotta learn to kill the virus so it can be killed in the future.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ArmaSwiss said:

Like an immune system. Gotta learn to kill the virus so it can be killed in the future.

Hehe nice comparison :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet cheaters will cry everywhere that they were banned for "nothing" ) Sometimes I think that all those people dissing Tarkov on interwebz are banned cheaters lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i met a hacker on woods yesterday.

no probs accualy he were flying around me while i tried to shoot him then he made a misstake and did fall down and died right in front off me.

took his loot and threw it in a bush so no one could find and then i continioued my hunt and it were one off my most succesfull runs in woods.

(hackers no probs);)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MaKoWaKo said:

i met a hacker on woods yesterday.

no probs accualy he were flying around me while i tried to shoot him then he made a misstake and did fall down and died right in front off me.

took his loot and threw it in a bush so no one could find and then i continioued my hunt and it were one off my most succesfull runs in woods.

(hackers no probs);)

You know that by throwing his loot to a bush you probably ensured he gets it back via insurrance? xD

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FurryAlot said:

You know that by throwing his loot to a bush you probably ensured he gets it back via insurrance? xD

yea but i dont know if he spawnd in the gear by hacks or if they are legit.

and i dont want any hackers guns and dont wanna be a part off it.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MaKoWaKo said:

yea but i dont know if he spawnd in the gear by hacks or if they are legit.

and i dont want any hackers guns and dont wanna be a part off it.

 

How are you being a part of it when ure taking a gun away from cheater?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, FurryAlot said:

How are you being a part of it when ure taking a gun away from cheater?

he prob got it when he whas hacking? if he werent hacking he would not have that gear and then i dont want it i want to get my gear the way u shuld get it.

but sure u go ahead and take their gear if u wanna but if i dont wanna have it dont complain ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MaKoWaKo said:

 

he prob got it when he whas hacking? if he werent hacking he would not have that gear and then i dont want it i want to get my gear the way u shuld get it.

but sure u go ahead and take their gear if u wanna but if i dont wanna have it dont complain ;)

I would probably just put his gun in my stash as a trophy :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for finally giving out a piece of information so all those "bsg-does-not-care"-guys get something.

Keep up the good work Devs. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've hard my worst day since the closed beta. 0/10 in woods (i sit at a ~40% surv) between superman killing me and other wierd death i've not been able to survive a single raid in woods. I understand that it's beta and weird stuff happen but clearly this last few days the "hacking"/ weird death have exploded on my side.

 

The topics is now vastly discused on the forum, clearly a problem is present

 

Can't wait for massive ban. It's hard to test gameplay when superman HS you 100 feet in the air hhahahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.