Blackb1rd

Countercheating measures

The cheats aren't really improving.  I'm not sure what your anti-hacking team does, but hopefully their data science, or analysis, or whatever it is they do, will start to show some effectiveness soon.  Before open beta, preferably.

Either way, I can tell you now that come full release, I'll have no interest in grinding for gear only to lose it to a flying aimbot hacker.  Now, this flying aimbot hacking is obvious on Woods, but who is to say that it's not happening on factory either?  Flying isn't as useful, but wall hacks/aim bots sure are.  

In the full release, not only would I really love to see less hacking, but I'd like to see gear get reimbursed to players who lost it to hackers.

I also encountered a flying hacker/cheater on woods yesterday

name - organization

sad to see this players name still appear whenever i search for it 

i hope they try to make an anticheat tool that checkin the fullscreen for not normaly colours on enemy bodys...

if the anticheat can detect colours, esp should be not working...

and a monitor livestream for admins....

if they can see what is 100% on my monitor they can see you are cheating or not...

i dont got problems to confirm AGB with this §...

• Upvote 1

Amazing!  Cant wait to watch all those aimbot scavs get banned!

oh wait...

1 hour ago, lolderpunkt said:

i hope they try to make an anticheat tool that checkin the fullscreen for not normaly colours on enemy bodys...

if the anticheat can detect colours, esp should be not working...

and a monitor livestream for admins....

if they can see what is 100% on my monitor they can see you are cheating or not...

i dont got problems to confirm AGB with this §...

illegal and intrusive.  also esps would still work.  you have no concept of cheating.  Esp's draw a box around the player.

Cheats & Hackers will always invade a game in ALPHA / BETA stages in an attempt to disrupt the genuine tester. They have a certain mentality and are at the bottom of the gene pool.

Many having been dropped on their heads at a very young age.

The Anti-Cheat system has been explained here and in numerous duplicated posts. The Dev’s are going to do it their way no matter how much we complain here.

Eventually the CHEATS / HACKERS are caught and BANNED. We need to be patient a player report system will eventually be activated with the ability to attach evidential facts; IE Screen shots and video, the Anti-Cheat team can then review and make a decision.

• Upvote 1

Cheats could kill a game.

I´m happy to see that EfT DEVS have tolerance zero with cheaters.

Show no mercy with them!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rioku said:

Cheats could kill a game.

I´m happy to see that EfT DEVS have tolerance zero with cheaters.

Show no mercy with them!!!

showing no mercy would imply insta bans not ban waves. Waves allow players with enough time to cheat and collect gear then sell it on websites and make enough money to buy a new copy of the game and have bonus cash left over to spend on the side ...

21 hours ago, JAGUAR1950 said:

Eventually the CHEATS / HACKERS are caught and BANNED. We need to be patient a player report system will eventually be activated with the ability to attach evidential facts; IE Screen shots and video, the Anti-Cheat team can then review and make a decision.

That won't work in the live release of the game.

The cheaters will gather gear and move to secondary accounts, sell gear for real world money or use said gear on their non-cheating accounts giving them an advantage over legit players.

When the game goes live (or preferably before that to show us legit players that the cheats we have endured during alpha/beta was worth our time) the cheaters needs to be insta-banned, not in ban-waves, not after reviewing the data for a week etc.

Cheaters must be stomped out and banned the minute they activate the cheats when the game is live.

I am giving the EFT team the benefit of the doubt as the game is in beta, and I am accepting that they need to gather information during the beta, but if the same 'tactic' goes into live this great game is sadly doomed.

• Upvote 2

Honestly....I followed this game for like a year, was so hyped to be able to play it, got the standard then upgraded twice and now have the Prepare For Escape Edition....played for like 2 weeks since the beta came out, and now I have lost all hope for this game...I'm 99% sure I'll never play it again and I'll just simply cut my losses. It's a beta, yeah I know...... but there are so many things wrong with this game that I can casually look past as they get worked on over the years*, but the cheating / hacking /  glitching is so bad that I'm almost positive that there will be no coming back from that. I have like 30 Teamspeak friends all of which were leaning on me for discretion of whether they should get the game or not, and I simply told them no....I have literally 0 interest in playing this game ever again. I'm not ranting or crying or anything of that nature, I'm just telling it like it is.

• Sad 1

I for one definitely see a decrease in cheaters, just wait for the next patch to hit.

More and more features will come and this game will be awesome.

On 25/8/2017 at 10:54 AM, Blackb1rd said:

EFT_Post_FightCheaters_EN.jpg

Glad that BSG is being tough against the hackers. Nothing in compirison like CS:GO, keep it up.

today i have see another cheater ... 

no bag on him and launch HE grenade infinite

in 5 minutes he have launch more than 100 he ...

Can we be 99.9% sure of that there will not be false positives?

If i get banned, and i dont cheat or even abuse glitches\bugs im pretty much  screwed. I know i havent used hacks etc, but there is no way i can prove it if that happened. Im gonna get the f*ck off, case closed..

latest patch it is a damn joke, do not know what to belive ither the desync is hammering the game or the game start to show allot of cheaters with aimbot, teleport and wallhacks ....

I read information of the game here and also in spanish forum.

In the spanish forum im reading, that actual level of cheaters is so high, that is almost unplayable.

You have to do something before is too late.

On 2017. 08. 26. at 3:18 AM, JAGUAR1950 said:

@DreTaX14 I am a retired Ex Forces Airborne Senior Instructor Engineers 15years service and a further 15 years as an Investigative Police officer firearms trained qualified sniper. I have no reason to post false information here on the forums so make of it what you like. I have been here from the very beginning of testing. It’s not complete bullcrap as you have stated.

It is buddy, It is.. Too easy to duck up anything.

https://github.com/Notulp/Fougerite/blob/master/Fougerite.Patcher/Fougerite.Patcher/ILPatcher.cs

^Example of IL Engineering, and that already fucks the game up, which I have already reported months ago, and still nothing was done for it. You might be fake as f*ck, but not me buddy. So don't duck around like a liberalist. Please next time try to post something logical, instead of being st*pid. :)

Edited by DreTaX14

32 minutes ago, DreTaX14 said:

It is buddy, It is.. Too easy to duck up anything.

https://github.com/Notulp/Fougerite/blob/master/Fougerite.Patcher/Fougerite.Patcher/ILPatcher.cs

^Example of IL Engineering, and that already fucks the game up, which I have already reported months ago, and still nothing was done for it. You might be fake as f*ck, but not me buddy. So don't duck around like a liberalist. Please next time try to post something logical, instead of being st*pid. :)

tenor.gif

My opinion, pay for a service like BattlEye and or FairFight.. I've got technical experience battling cheaters but I'll keep this post simple.

If you're not paying dedicated employees to combat cheaters in a full loot PvP FPS, then you're just not up to the task. If you are, then I'd argue that you'll see a better return leaving it up to a middleware provider then reinventing the wheel yourself. If you're not in the anti-cheat business, how could you possibly expect to keep up? Sure you could reverse some free cheats, maybe you get invasive and scan for some strings.. but at the end of the day, you're doing far less then you could simply implementing a professional solution. The community will always be subject to cheating waves and you'll always be behind in the game of cat and mouse.

I'm not a fan of Bastian at BE or some of their methods.. but it's arguably the most effective invasive anti-cheat platform currently available. When a game incorporates BE, the barrier of entry on public hacks goes through the roof and they vanish. When BE is brought online, most premium cheat makers drop support for the title.. Sure, there will be a few private cheats out there.. but the net cast by BE is vastly larger then anything you could ever develop. BSG is in the business of making great games and BE is in the business of anti-cheat.

FairFight by GameBlocks is an older non-invasive solution, but very much worthwhile IMO. I'm not sure what the costs are like now, but it was super effective in it's time and is a great complimentary service to have. To sum up the effect it has on cheating, it severely limits the effective range a cheater can have disrupting the game for any meaningful amount of time.. In a way, it puts a cap or a ceiling on how much damage they can inflict before a ban. FF also provides insight in to how people are playing the game, finding gear, navigating through the maps.. Valuable data if you're not already tracking such metrics on your own.

I've been fortunate enough to experience the positive impact both of these solutions have had on a number of titles I've played and or administrated over.. The most hacked up before their implementations beings DayZ, APB, Planeside 2, and H1Z1:KOTK. Now each of those are stories for another time, but I'll say this.. these anti-cheat work.

While I"m sure we're all aware however I'd be remiss without mentioning the following.. Number 1 game on steamcharts PUBG utilizes BE and the current 30 day avg is 566k. Number 4 KOTK utlizes BE, number 8 Rainbow Six Siege utilizes both BE and FF, and number 10 ARK also utilizes BE. Of the top 10 steam games, 7 are PvP FPS/TPS, 2 are Source titles.. so of the 5 remaining, 4 utilize BE and or FF.

tldr: Don't reinvent the wheel, focus on making a great game, don't play that cat & mouse game because you'll always be behind. The best most competitive FPS/TPS on steam utilize BE and or FF. These solutions work, so why not utilize them for the sake of the community.

Edited by techActual
  • Upvote 2

vor 7 Stunden schrieb techActual:

My opinion, pay for a service like BattlEye and or FairFight.. I've got technical experience battling cheaters but I'll keep this post simple.

If you're not paying dedicated employees to combat cheaters in a full loot PvP FPS, then you're just not up to the task. If you are, then I'd argue that you'll see a better return leaving it up to a middleware provider then reinventing the wheel yourself. If you're not in the anti-cheat business, how could you possibly expect to keep up? Sure you could reverse some free cheats, maybe you get invasive and scan for some strings.. but at the end of the day, you're doing far less then you could simply implementing a professional solution. The community will always be subject to cheating waves and you'll always be behind in the game of cat and mouse.

I'm not a fan of Bastian at BE or some of their methods.. but it's arguably the most effective invasive anti-cheat platform currently available. When a game incorporates BE, the barrier of entry on public hacks goes through the roof and they vanish. When BE is brought online, most premium cheat makers drop support for the title.. Sure, there will be a few private cheats out there.. but the net cast by BE is vastly larger then anything you could ever develop. BSG is in the business of making great games and BE is in the business of anti-cheat.

FairFight by GameBlocks is an older non-invasive solution, but very much worthwhile IMO. I'm not sure what the costs are like now, but it was super effective in it's time and is a great complimentary service to have. To sum up the effect it has on cheating, it severely limits the effective range a cheater can have disrupting the game for any meaningful amount of time.. In a way, it puts a cap or a ceiling on how much damage they can inflict before a ban. FF also provides insight in to how people are playing the game, finding gear, navigating through the maps.. Valuable data if you're not already tracking such metrics on your own.

I've been fortunate enough to experience the positive impact both of these solutions have had on a number of titles I've played and or administrated over.. The most hacked up before their implementations beings DayZ, APB, Planeside 2, and H1Z1:KOTK. Now each of those are stories for another time, but I'll say this.. these anti-cheat work.

While I"m sure we're all aware however I'd be remiss without mentioning the following.. Number 1 game on steamcharts PUBG utilizes BE and the current 30 day avg is 566k. Number 4 KOTK utlizes BE, number 8 Rainbow Six Siege utilizes both BE and FF, and number 10 ARK also utilizes BE. Of the top 10 steam games, 7 are PvP FPS/TPS, 2 are Source titles.. so of the 5 remaining, 4 utilize BE and or FF.

tldr: Don't reinvent the wheel, focus on making a great game, don't play that cat & mouse game because you'll always be behind. The best most competitive FPS/TPS on steam utilize BE and or FF. These solutions work, so why not utilize them for the sake of the community.

Can't agree more.

An intrusive Anticheat like Battleye saved for example Rainbow Six: Siege, the game was infested with cheaters while they only had FairFight enabled.

I dont want this game to fail and one of the factors that could lead to the downfall is the potential cheater problem.

Something has to do and quick, because my friends are telling me don´t buy the game, actual level of cheaters is insane.

I have 200 raids in beta and 200 in alpha, and I have yet to run into a single cheater. Are they all Americans and sleeping when I play or something?

I say we let the cheaters and hackers hack, but throw them into a lobby or server where they can only play with other cheaters and hackers, or have fun with it and make it so scavs snipe them across the map, a duke nukem forever style where they can't win