Blackb1rd

Countercheating measures

2 hours ago, Rioku said:

Something has to do and quick, because my friends are telling me don´t buy the game, actual level of cheaters is insane.

When dealing with homemade anti-cheats, the cheating communities find success in waves. Similar to the ban waves BSG will initiate after whatever new method is detected. Cat and mouse, it's always just a matter of time.

2 hours ago, stevieshae said:

I say we let the cheaters and hackers hack, but throw them into a lobby or server where they can only play with other cheaters and hackers, or have fun with it and make it so scavs snipe them across the map, a duke nukem forever style where they can't win

This is a great suggestion that Rockstar implemented online. The only issue, while a non-issue.. is that banned cheats in cheater lobbies won't buy additional copies of the game. By NO means do I think BSG would consider this.. but revenue is revenue. That being said, I'd love to see suspected cheaters  funneled in to cheater raids/sessions as a first step. Once they're playing against other cheats with similar superhuman abilities, they'll likely turn up the intensity to compete or to maintain their unfair advantage. This is a system where something like FairFight would easily be able to identify the cheaters because their stats will be super exaggerated in cheater raids vs normal non-cheating players.

3 hours ago, Rioku said:

Something has to do and quick, because my friends are telling me don´t buy the game, actual level of cheaters is insane.

59 minutes ago, techActual said:

When dealing with homemade anti-cheats, the cheating communities find success in waves. Similar to the ban waves BSG will initiate after whatever new method is detected. Cat and mouse, it's always just a matter of time.

This is a great suggestion that Rockstar implemented online. The only issue, while a non-issue.. is that banned cheats in cheater lobbies won't buy additional copies of the game. By NO means do I think BSG would consider this.. but revenue is revenue. That being said, I'd love to see suspected cheaters  funneled in to cheater raids/sessions as a first step. Once they're playing against other cheats with similar superhuman abilities, they'll likely turn up the intensity to compete or to maintain their unfair advantage. This is a system where something like FairFight would easily be able to identify the cheaters because their stats will be super exaggerated in cheater raids vs normal non-cheating players.

I know, I realized they would make more money the same way ea did, and the same way that siege does, Let them buy a new copy but put the HWID(I wanna see if anyone besides the hackers knows what that is) onto a list and if they try being sneaky just ban again.  Ideas....

• I guess the long term and short-term goal really is going to rely on how the developers want to implement a system and how that anticheat will work. I personally just because of the profession I work in and because of how I am as a person and how I was raised, believe that everyone deserves a second chance. No Second Chance does not mean that they get off scot-free. Rather I am saying they are under a watchful eye. Maybe you put some kind of handicap on them and after let's say three months of no issues, you return their account back to the state that it was originally.
  • What about a system that actually almost role-plays sort of let's say for example in game type of punishment. Let's say they Implement some sort of anti-cheat whether or not that allows them to have a second chance or not I guess it really depends. If they are allowed to have a second chance, they should have a permanent sort of handicapped or bad standing with Traders. Just like in the criminal justice system you have to believe that a small percentage of people will change, it's highly unlikely if someone's willing to take the risk ones that they won't do it again. However there are people that learn. I say with my first point make it so that they have to do two to four times amount of XP or traitor tasks or something just to get gear. You could also Implement a role-play system where the Traders decide that they have heard things or said things or whatever the developers want to come up with, and have all the Traders just like you so the game becomes harder. The likely thing is they will Implement some sort of antique sheet and people will just get banned and they will have to rebuy the game.

*Personal Opinion* 

I may be the only one willing to admit this, or at least say it publicly. I understand to a point that people are frustrated with the game. However there's understandable frustration and then there's just blatant cheating. I am not going to lie, there have been times when I've thought to myself, "hey if everyone's doing it why not". Luckily I have friends and a few family members that code and also are game developers, and the fact that being a part of the first wave back in the game from the beginning, and also the fact that I have still full confidence that this game will be amazing, I have never hacked or cheated in this game and never will. The only, and I mean ONLY , reason I could understand some of the people who do this is because they are frustrated with the community and how the game has become. I'm not going to throw stones because we all know what I'm talking about, but ever since the open Beta or whatever you want to call it, just seems like the forms have gotten more toxic the community seems to be a dictatorship. And if you're not hacking and you don't have friends that have gear or decent at the game, You probably should wait a little longer before buying. It's disgusting when you look up these escape from tarkov hacks if you type it in Google cause I'm not going to link anything, I understand we're in beta and it doesn't mean anything, but it's just sad that besides the community being as toxic as it is and everyone basically knowing everything, hiding Secrets or exploiting glitches and not reporting them. That kind of s*** just bothers me.

** Final Thoughts**

As long as the game is multiplayer there will be hacks. What people fail to realize is the fact that and capitalism, if there is a market there is a product. I was going to be a jackass and I'll bring this up to you guys because I'm sure we'd rather focus on hacking now but, you guys do understand that the biggest problem will not be hacking or should I say aimbots or script kitties. What you are all failing to realize is something very simple, people buying currency in game for real money. And you can list all of your explanations but even I know that's all BS. I really hope battle State games has a way to manage this without killing the opportunity of having this flea market system. It can either go one of two ways. You let players be players and do what they want, or they will restrict Things based on certain prices. I personally would love to see an online economy that is player-driven. But I'm worried because nobody has ever brought this up that I have seen, and maybe that's another thing we should be talking about right now is hacking and cheating kind of relates to this.