Sign in to follow this  
UKzKnight

Don't play today!

The servers are horrid today, just had an amazing run on shoreline, i throw a grenade and it went off, then another grenade got thrown 10 seconds later (only pressed G once). This killed me another 10 seconds after the explosion and I lost alot of my gear and a DVL-10 I looted. Open more servers! Use the money we have given you!

• Upvote 1

It just means you're lagging, happens sometimes randomly. Usually what I do is wait it out but it's just best to disconnect considering you'll probably die.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Haaylo said:

It just means you're lagging, happens sometimes randomly. Usually what I do is wait it out but it's just best to disconnect considering you'll probably die.

Thanks for the insult. You really think that I can't tell the difference? Stop sticking up for devs! If they are doing something good then tell them, but if they are failing on something tell them! Don't defend them, it helps no one! 

Just to let people know that they are still cooling down their servers with lava today! I recommend not playing until Tuesday!

Why not invest in putting more/better servers up? It's not like the devs haven't already made a lot of money from this game. I  got to an extract earlier on shoreline, stood there for 5 mins and couldn't extract. I had to disconnect, then it wouldn't let me reconnect. Lost all my gear, thanks battlestate games

just because of the money they made of the game you think they are billionaires? do you have any idea of the army of people that need to be paid and the expenses they have to make just to run the company, i dont think you do plus this is game suck it up buttercup

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kindredcrusader said:

just because of the money they made of the game you think they are billionaires? do you have any idea of the army of people that need to be paid and the expenses they have to make just to run the company, i dont think you do plus this is game suck it up buttercup

Stop defending devs! They are big enough to do that themselves! You are the consumer! You should be asking for the best! SMH

3 minutes ago, Kindredcrusader said:

Pull your tongue out of the devs arse. There's only 12 devs to pay. They have made loads off this game already, yet they don't appear to upgrade their potato servers. It is totally unplayable today.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb mrt456:

Why not invest in putting more/better servers up? It's not like the devs haven't already made a lot of money from this game. I  got to an extract earlier on shoreline, stood there for 5 mins and couldn't extract. I had to disconnect, then it wouldn't let me reconnect. Lost all my gear, thanks battlestate games

You  have no idea, thanks for pointing that out. If you would have followed the last interviews with the devs, you would know that is has nothing to do with server QUANTITY OR QUALITY. It wont help to set up 12000 servers over the world. Its the netcode and unpredictable bugs happening, causing desync and lag. dont be a moron, thanks

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Weedfox said:

You  have no idea, thanks for pointing that out. If you would have followed the last interviews with the devs, you would know that is has nothing to do with server QUANTITY OR QUALITY. It wont help to set up 12000 servers over the world. Its the netcode and unpredictable bugs happening, causing desync and lag. dont be a moron, thanks

Oi! No need to be rude in my post. Keep it civil if you want to make you point!

Calm down people, the desync has always been in this game, even more so now that they opened it up to everyone who bought the game.

Keep in mind they are always tweaking stuff, adding and optimizing constantly. Along with this they want to see how the servers will react to these changes while under stress which causes the lag we have all come to love. 

Additionally, this game is still in its infancy; lotta stuff to fix and clean up, did you expect a finished product when you got it? It wil be like this for awhile, so please calm down and if you can't handle it, go play something else to cool down.

We are TESTERS, not players. Expect some wacky poo to happen, and don't complain that this isn't up to AAA standards.

• Upvote 1

I've participated in numerous Alpha and Beta testing in other games and never experienced anything this bad. I was aware that desync was an issue in some raids when I bought the game. Today it is ridiculous though, I can't even join raids, insure items,. Hell it wouldn't even let me back to the main menu to quit! I had to alt+f4 out of it

3 minutes ago, UlyssesVengeanc said:

Calm down people, the desync has always been in this game, even more so now that they opened it up to everyone who bought the game.

Keep in mind they are always tweaking stuff, adding and optimizing constantly. Along with this they want to see how the servers will react to these changes while under stress which causes the lag we have all come to love. 

Additionally, this game is still in its infancy; lotta stuff to fix and clean up, did you expect a finished product when you got it? It wil be like this for awhile, so please calm down and if you can't handle it, go play something else to cool down.

We are TESTERS, not players. Expect some wacky poo to happen, and don't complain that this isn't up to AAA standards.

Still doesn't mean we can't let the devs know we are unhappy with stuff! How will they know we aren't happy if we don't tell them?

vor 1 Minute schrieb UKzKnight:

Oi! No need to be rude in my post. Keep it civil if you want to make you point!

Sorry, was a little too harsh. But please check the forums before you post things like this. It feels like the 5000th thread complaining about the same. We can't do nothing about it right now, it's not like I'm fine with it and dont complain. But I have faith into Devs and I believe that they will fix this!

10 minutes ago, Weedfox said:

I've got better things to do than watch every single interview that the devs do. There's no need for you to be an arse about it though

vor 1 Minute schrieb mrt456:

I've got better things to do than watch every single interview that the devs do. There's no need for you to be an arse about it though

Then stop making "suggestions" that are nonsense, thanks.

3 minutes ago, Weedfox said:

Then stop making "suggestions" that are nonsense, thanks.

Shut up kid. You are only defending the quality of the game because you mugged yourself off with the EOD version and are trying to make yourself feel better.

Edited by mrt456

6 minutes ago, UKzKnight said:

Still doesn't mean we can't let the devs know we are unhappy with stuff! How will they know we aren't happy if we don't tell them?

I agree, you are allowed to voice that you are unhappy about something! However, people tend to act entitled when a game is not up to their standards(not saying you are) and many, many threads springing up about the same thing only adds fuel to the fire.

Find constructive ways to get your voice out about what you'd like added or changed, and remember that this game still needs a lot of work. We are only testers, and will according have to put up with a lot of stuff. If you are feeling heated and feel that you can't play EFT right now, I encourage you to play another game and come back after awhile or when there is an update and try it again.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, mrt456 said:

Shut up kid. You are only defending the quality of the game because you mugged yourself off with the EOD version and are trying to make yourself feel better.

Come on man, no need to get aggressive over this, and think of it this way, the more people that buy the EOD editions the more money the devs have to improve servers.

Coming from a standpoint of server hosting as I have hosted servers on many games in the past, desync is a massive issue for most games especially ones with large maps and most of all advanced AI. 

You have no idea what having a large number of advanced AI all being controlled server side does to a server, it really compromises the performance and causes mass desync. I am not defending the devs as they have got rather poor servers at the moment and they can be unplayable but when you think of how much of the game is server side you can understand the reasons for the servers desync. 

Yes they need to improve their performance but at the end of the day. the buy in beta was a marketing technique for a big boost in revenue for the devs, if you fell for it and are not happy with what is inherently an unfinished and work in progress game then that is what you would expect, an unfinished, unoptimised beta.

Plus, there is no reason we cannot keep this post more of a discussion rather than a huge circlejerk against the devs, we can all agree they have made an incredible game. Give constructive criticism to help the developers fix the issue instead of an all out brawl.

They just have absolutely wank EA level servers :D

Edited by NightmareJK
  • Upvote 2

Just now, NightmareJK said:

You have no idea what having a large number of advanced AI all being controlled server side does to a server, it really compromises the performance and causes mass desync. I am not defending the devs as they have got rather poor servers at the moment and they can be unplayable but when you think of how much of the game is server side you can understand the reasons for the servers desync. 

Yes they need to improve their performance but at the end of the day. the buy in beta was a marketing technique for a big boost in revenue for the devs, if you fell for it and are not happy with what is inherently an unfinished and work in progress game then that is what you would expect and unfinished, unoptimised game...

Plus, there is no reason we cannot keep this post more of a discussion rather than a huge circlejerk against the devs, we can all agree they have made an incredible game.

They just have absolutely wank EA level servers :D

If you look back it was him calling me a moron for suggesting that they invest money that they had gained from players buying the game to improve the servers.

I've hosted servers myself, so know all about optimisation for AI and player numbers. The game is getting progressively worse with every update from what I hear from people that jumped on the alpha. By the time it releases I doubt there will be much of a player base if it carries on at this rate.

2 Shoots in the head  (even blood in his face god damn it) + 1 body hit to a player without helmet, he turns (over 30 meters) and instakill me with a 132 in customs. Kiver + PACA + full mod M4. Guess I am not playing again for a while. Funny thing is in the screen after the game, the hit count was 3 ffs.