SmittyStone

360'd constantly by AI

5 hours ago, SmittyStone said:

Scavs still tend to 360 you half the time and shoot through bushes 

I hate the bushes thing.  I *hate* the bushes thing.  They need to improve stealth against AI.

First of all it's 180 not 360..that doesn't make sense at all :D

Honestly not sure what you mean, since the last adjustment i never had this behaviour anymore. They are acting very dumb right now and are easy to kill before they even shoot you. Just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, marqs said:

Honestly not sure what you mean, since the last adjustment i never had this behaviour anymore. They are acting very dumb right now and are easy to kill before they even shoot you. Just my two cents.

The problem right now, and the only problem that I can see, is they see you no matter what through foliage.  Once you get within a certain distance of them, they can see you, but you can't see them.

Other than that, yes, they are pretty dumb.

vor 54 Minuten schrieb ApexAZ:

The problem right now, and the only problem that I can see, is they see you no matter what through foliage.  Once you get within a certain distance of them, they can see you, but you can't see them.

Other than that, yes, they are pretty dumb.

Hmm can't agree 100% with you. It changed a lot with the last patch (even was in the changelog). Never had a scav shooting out of a bush over a long distance. On a short distance i don't think it's unrealistic. You can always see a little bit outside from a bush, even if it's just a movement, but you would shoot. Not with a high precision of course. 

Which map you are playing? I mean our experience could be completely different because of different "style" of playing a map. E.g. i mostly play costums with two team mates and we always avoid areas with much grass, bushes and trees and always try to eliminate scavs on distance. So if you sneak through grass a lot, your experience can be totally different than mine of course.

I got to disagree on this one... since they changed the AI last time, they become a bit slow on reactions, especially on factory where sometimes you can almost walk up to them ( AI ) and stick your gun in their heads.

vor einer Stunde schrieb mr0pi:

I got to disagree on this one... since they changed the AI last time, they become a bit slow on reactions, especially on factory where sometimes you can almost walk up to them ( AI ) and stick your gun in their heads.

Jeah here too - it looks like group games have a lot of less desync experience and some of the guys i play with said that they encounter 180noscopes sometimes when there is a little bit of desync but only in singleplayer not group games.

On the other side scavs need to shout their 2 seconds before they even open fire in the first encounter on any map. :D

Thats ... "okay" for ranges in my opinion, but on factory 3m distance it makes them so easy i dont even waste a bullet for the first one and just melee attack him.

The scavs are constantly being adjusted trying to find that "sweet spot".

In personal experience, they have been a bit slow.

OP, I, for one, find that the Scavs are being absolutely no challenge at all right now .

They are loud, slow and keep walking on their patrol circuits until you give ´em hell .

Furthermore, it´s been over 3 weeks since I got shot through bushes the last times .

Maybe try a different approach in your playstyle ?

Stay safe,

sneak well .

Edited by B0oN

6 hours ago, marqs said:

Hmm can't agree 100% with you. It changed a lot with the last patch (even was in the changelog). Never had a scav shooting out of a bush over a long distance. On a short distance i don't think it's unrealistic. You can always see a little bit outside from a bush, even if it's just a movement, but you would shoot. Not with a high precision of course. 

Which map you are playing? I mean our experience could be completely different because of different "style" of playing a map. E.g. i mostly play costums with two team mates and we always avoid areas with much grass, bushes and trees and always try to eliminate scavs on distance. So if you sneak through grass a lot, your experience can be totally different than mine of course.

Woods, mainly, but I've learned where they spawn and make a note to take a wider berth these days.  I still think they are too apt at seeing you through the bushes.  They are much better at doing this than human players are, honestly.

They only seem to see you through bushes after they agro you, otherwise they are pretty blind.

They still do the spin bot BS.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, marqs said:

I once even got 720ed :D haha

I have to say, they are acting a bit slower than two weeks ago. I'm generally not having too  many problems dealing with them by using hit and run tactics if I can't down them in the first volley of rounds. I guess the key I've found is not to get involved in an extended fire fight so they can spend time aiming.

4 hours ago, vatt84 said:

I have to say, they are acting a bit slower than two weeks ago. I'm generally not having too  many problems dealing with them by using hit and run tactics if I can't down them in the first volley of rounds. I guess the key I've found is not to get involved in an extended fire fight so they can spend time aiming.

I literally just run around them like a headless chicken until they have to reload and then hit them in the head with an axe lol they are terrible at shooting moving targets but the second you stand still they shoot you in the head. 

And yeah i agree, im tired of getting 180 1 shotted by them and through bushes i cant see through. But one of the things i love about this game is how brutal and unforgiving the ai are, so i hope they can fix it without ruining the integrity of the game. Id rather have it this way than to just have some more ai to walk over.

Edited by RealDirtyDan

I don't find their spinning too bad but once they've been made aware that you're there, either through you killing their friends, proximity etc, they do lock on through anything. Even through half the map on Factory, especially when they are respawns, they'll come running from the other side, walk around a corner and hit you before you even register that they're there. Also they are master marksmen, if you're wearing PACA and a helm they'll never shoot for anything but arms and legs and usually break those with the first round. 

Overall I don't think they are too bad, but they could definitely do with a bit of work when I'd rather fight them with a blacked out chest than a blacked out arm as it's a lesser chance of 1 shot death.

This is a topic widely discussed already, the devs are always adjusting the scavs and changing their behavior. From a personal experience I have not experienced any unnatural behavior lately from scavs that I don't believe they could realistically portray.