Sign in to follow this  
eXistenT

Where are the people?

I recently started playing, been fooling around the maps for a while trying to learn them in offline. Then  heading over for some online action it seems so empty. especially in the Woods map. After 4 runs I have only found two real players in woods and those werent speed runs, even with the AI's I feel alone. Costums seems empty too, maybe not at empty as Woods but I've only encountered 3 people there too. 

Then there is Factory which is another story, but that map isnt fun at all. It's small, tight, boring and it lacks the openworld feel to it. I know the game is going to unlock all the map together making it one giant open map.

Anyway, did alot of players quit already? 

Thanks to logic traders and ability to buy stuff that you want.
PPL runing on the woods just only to get USB Flash Drive and some filters.

And about your second question... yes... a loot of ppl stop playing, i know few that sold they EoD versions of the game becouse Devs focus on not important features instead of important things, and patch after patch this game is more unbalanced, anoying and not fun to play.
But i think most common problem witch "there is no one on the map" is that players runing witch hatchets to loot stuf neeeded for traders...

Afaik 80% of players run towards exits, looting while they run, asap after they spawn. So if you want to intercept somebody you need to be quick about it.

Yes all is true for the BETA in Alpha we all have Fun with Fort armor becaus 80% of player come in with full gear.

The feeling to have a good armor make´s player courageous so he take VSS S98 VAL.

But now without the armor, or to heavy to become it. 

90% player dont use good stuff, he afraid to lose the stuff.

This is a directly response from the players.

The DEV´s dont make the Fort armor Purchasable for Rubels.

And i think when the next patch is so bad like this. (only the 30 quests is new) 

Many players dont play Until the next patch.

• Upvote 1

So I basically bought a dead game? And what's left in it are a bunch of cheap players running as Scav or just hatchets trying to get cheap stuff? Right now it doesn't look like this game has a very bright future from what I've experienced then. Why would I run around in 4 maps, alone  empty with mostly A.I to loot gear from a game that's still in alpha, hmm.

This game need some serious work then, and quick.

Edited by Lewisuk
Removed profanity

Yeah it tends to be that only groups, heavily geared players and new players take it slow, as the only way to get the good loot that spawns on the map is to move as fast as you can to the scav side of the map. So unless you bring lot's of gear in, people don't tend to hang around spawn as there often isn't any crazy good loot around there, of course there are some exceptions to that.

22 hours ago, eXistenT said:

So I basically bought a dead game? And what's left in it are a bunch of cheap players running as Scav or just hatchets trying to get cheap stuff? Right now it doesn't look like this game has a very bright future from what I've experienced then. Why would I run around in 4 maps, alone  empty with mostly A.I to loot gear from a game that's still in alpha, hmm.

No it's not really dead as such, it does feel quite empty at times but that's because there's only a few players per raid and they are all doing their own strats, you just have to know where to look/camp if you want to kill them.

22 hours ago, eXistenT said:

So I basically bought a dead game? And what's left in it are a bunch of cheap players running as Scav or just hatchets trying to get cheap stuff? Right now it doesn't look like this game has a very bright future from what I've experienced then. Why would I run around in 4 maps, alone  empty with mostly A.I to loot gear from a game that's still in alpha, hmm.

No man, it's not dead. You just bought an early beta! *cheers*

I am just being frustrated then *hehe* Seeing all this action filled content on youtube got me hyped. This game has so much potential, I am literarly praying they don't screw it up!

I remember when I first bought "The forest" on steam, and it got stuck in the endless early acces that is now trending :/

On 28/08/2017 at 11:47 AM, THALL said:

Yeah it tends to be that only groups, heavily geared players and new players take it slow, as the only way to get the good loot that spawns on the map is to move as fast as you can to the scav side of the map. So unless you bring lot's of gear in, people don't tend to hang around spawn as there often isn't any crazy good loot around there, of course there are some exceptions to that.

No it's not really dead as such, it does feel quite empty at times but that's because there's only a few players per raid and they are all doing their own strats, you just have to know where to look/camp if you want to kill them.

Yeah, another thing is soloing is high risk/ high reward so lots of people are stealthing about ;)