DatBruh

Tired of complaining.

I have yet to see more than 1 post a week that isn't someone complaining about a game that openly states its unfinished and in beta. Please stop complaining they have upgraded the game many times and it has gotten better and better. Stop complaining about ai scavs one shotting you it used to be alot worse, stop complaining about sound its a bug and will be dealt with, stop complaining about fps issues its a problem with the unity engine and the dev's have talked to unity about it and it will be fixed. Overall please stop all your bitching.

A complaint is basically a crappy vitriol laced bug report.

Its not new, this is how every alpha/beta released game has gone. 

As much as I understand where you are coming from and hate it too, FunYun is correct. I just wish we people  would quit calling it "The Game" and start calling it what it is Alpha/beta(I consider this still more in alpha state personally but ya). Any way most those kids are standard edition hop around to different games all the time kind of thing. I mean this as in the standard edition has opened this game up to a vast number of people unlike when alpha was around. We have way more hackers and a ton more people complaining that do not fully understand what an alpha is nor what this game is truly going to be about.

Edited by Kenway_Hondo
Clarification

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Kenway_Hondo:

As much as I understand where you are coming from and hate it too, FunYun is correct. I just wish we people  would quit calling it "The Game" and start calling it what it is Alpha/beta(I consider this still more in alpha state personally but ya). Any way most those kids are standard edition hop around to different games all the time kind of thing.

well, thats kinda insulting :D

I also have "only" the standard edition. Doesnt mean I am a kid nor hopping different games all the time. I very much enjoy this alpha/beta build and understand that we are let in to TEST the game.

P.S. there are also a lot of people with higher or even HIGHEST edition who cry non stop in forum and ingame chat. :)

Edited by PardTheTroll

Well, the thing is, this is a product- Something people are spending their money on. While, yes, the fact it's an Alpha or Beta ends up making bugs and glitches excusable, it doesn't change the fact that people have a right to complain about them. . . And, really, them complaining is what the whole Beta thing is about- Seeing what the community thinks regarding the current state of the game and the bugs present. 

Besides that, there are issues which have been present for months, and it grinds on people that they've still not been fixed. The performance has been terrible for ages, even if it's getting better. The sound bugs have been going on for at least a year. 

EFT is not perfect. That's just how it is. And people are complaining because it's not perfect. That's not going to stop. Don't look at it as a bad thing, yeah, it's not very nice and respectful of the developers, but that'll just end up encouraging them to get working on these issues rather than face the backlash if they don't. In the end, it's people being angry and complaining that gets the people who don't complain a better experience. 

Now, I'm not saying this to say that yelling at the developers like a self-righteous twat is a good thing, you can and should do things the proper way with bug reports and so on, but every time I see these threads, what comes to mind for me, is that if you see a thread complaining about the state of the game every week, maybe that's an indication there's something wrong with the game, and it's not just the players being unreasonable. 

Personally, I've noticed something in the Beta/Alpha games I've played. People will always complain about the state of the game. Always. But there are two responses that can end up happening. Either they can be ignored, yelled at by the devs, etc. Or the Devs can quickly and promptly reply in such a way that it allays whatever concerns the people may have. 

Usually, if the Devs respond on a regular basis, the community as a whole is much nicer and less touchy about issues, people are far less angry about whatever is present, and as well, the game almost always turns out being awesome. 

If the Devs don't respond quite as much, well. . . 

It's hit or miss. The game might be good, it might not be, but people are going to be really touchy and angry until the release. 

I don't expect the Devs to be perfect, but they've most certainly not done as well as they could about community interaction on the English side of the forum. They're Russian, it's to be expected, but when you don't get direct communication with the developers about the issues you have with the game, it becomes hard for people to really parse if the developers really care about these problems, especially when they don't go away after a while. . . So people get angry. 

Long story short, I think that the complaints are a problem for both the developers and the community. Both have contributed, both are slightly at fault. 

Edited by Keter

My only complaints (already vented, thank god) was the carryover of bugs that never got addressed. Everything else I'm ok with... until AI becomes John Wick again.

7 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

well, thats kinda insulting :D

I also have "only" the standard edition. Doesnt mean I am a kid nor hopping different games all the time. I very much enjoy this alpha/beta build and understand that we are let in to TEST the game.

P.S. there are also a lot of people with higher or even HIGHEST edition who cry non stop in forum and ingame chat. :)

I was meaning that because the game is cheaper now than it was in alpha we have more players, to include hackers, that are more casual. Because of that you have way more complaining and more hackers. I was not trying to say every standard edition owner was a kid but that it has caused the "child-like" gamers and hackers to come in and rip this game apart

• Upvote 1

That´s the way society works nowadays... everyone feels like they are in the right to state opinions about every and anything ( even when they don´t know what they are talking about ). We feel like we have the right to complain about anything as long as we paid for it, not just games,and so on. 

Im not gonna say that this is wrong or right , but just to remember the younger ones, back when pc´s became a thing and the first consoles got on the market, if you bought a game it would have bugs, sometimes game breaking bugs glitches and so on and you wouldn´t be able to refund it as you do nowadays ( you could probably try but you wouldn´t be getting one ) or be able to be a part of alpha/beta stages,or even to wait for fixes/updates to be made because there was no internet (also no internet means you wouldn´t have any type of contact with the devs or the company unless you decided to phone them) So this just goes as an example that the so called rights you have today came out of someone elses expenses and were not a given right at some point, so you should value more what you have today.

Ah, so now people are going to flood this thread and complain about complaining, which their version of complaining somehow makes them right compared to everyone elses complaining?

10/10 Humanity

This thread literally offers no positive benefit for the community or the game in the very least at all and will only serve to incite a war between both sides, can a moderator please close this thread. It's not even posted in a relevant sub forum, if anything this is off-topic material at best.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, DankMemess said:

Ah, so now people are going to flood this thread and complain about complaining, which their version of complaining somehow makes them right compared to everyone elses complaining?

10/10 Humanity

This thread literally offers no positive benefit for the community or the game in the very least at all and will only serve to incite a war between both sides, can a moderator please close this thread. It's not even posted in a relevant sub forum, if anything this is off-topic material at best.

^

To add, I see the moderators working hard at trying to manage it all.  As others have said, as much as the community managers and moderators are doing to keep things organized, this is pretty normal forum activity.

To be honest the issue is that people are complaining, but not providing any constructive criticism.

I think its the lashing out/ spitting the dummy attitude that is the annoying thing. Hell I've got plenty of complaints, but I'd rather think about them first and try and work out a suggestion instead of lashing out in a non constructive manner.

1 hour ago, vatt84 said:

To be honest the issue is that people are complaining, but not providing any constructive criticism.

I think its the lashing out/ spitting the dummy attitude that is the annoying thing. Hell I've got plenty of complaints, but I'd rather think about them first and try and work out a suggestion instead of lashing out in a non constructive manner.

Constructive criticism is a two way street, it cannot exist without a direct, concise and timely reply.  Without such a reply, there is no way to discern that you criticism was even heard, or worse, rebuffed.  When criticism falls on deaf ears, disdain is not far behind.