Sign in to follow this  
Oscar_Syx

What is going on?

This game is running like garbage right now, like way worse than ever before. D-sync is terrible, crashes, load times...and hackers.  General chat is flooded with complaints today about these very issues. Does this dev team have any sort of timeline to fix the same issues that we complained about in Alpha, that have now carried over into beta? Is dsync going to be an essential part of this game and every patch we get?  bc quite frankly if the can't fix it in 2 years, what makes me think they can fix it now or in the future?   

• Upvote 2

Answering the topic subject question - TEST. They (and we are) TESTING. As well as it mentioned in-game, in email, on site while purchasing...

• Upvote 3

Not sure what you mean with '2 years'. First of all the test has just recently hit the 1 year mark, and secondly the only wasn't even added at the start of testing. SO in reality the whole 'desync' issue is 6 to 8 months old, at most.

Apart from that,

BETA.thumb.png.96e12c4c6433a7a058c3b5b1e89df2a9.png

That is literally plastered onto the main menu. Hard to miss.

Any more questions?

• Upvote 6

I feel like opening up this game to Beta only shows us that they are incapable of fixing the dsync.  Why on earth would you move to Beta when it is an issue that makes this game unplayable on the eyes of many?  I asked for a timeline to fix these issues, I didn't ask for an excuse as to why there are so many issues "plastered onto the main menu".  So now instead of a small number of players in Alpha complaining they hurt themselves by releasing this "Beta or IMO ALPHA 2.0 and have a larger group of people complaining about it? That doesn't make much sense to me.  I am just looking for progress, and so far....ive seen none besides half a map added. 

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, skyf1re said:

Answering the topic subject question - TEST. They (and we are) TESTING. As well as it mentioned in-game, in email, on site while purchasing...

Except people are not just testing, they are also waiting for their product to get delivered. People didn't pay to test, they paid to get the game "soon". Big difference. The testing is just a perk.

As for the topic, I get the same feeling of incompetence. Pretty much every single feature in the game is bugged right now: The interface and menus are glitching, the traders, inventory, stash and modding are contantly throwing random error messages and crash for no reason, matchmaking doesnt always load, graphics have terrible glitches and framedrops, fov doesnt work properly, the netcode and servers are a pure mess and I dont even want to start about talking about what is happening ingame. Yet the game still went into Beta like those issues didnt even exist. Is that really testing if everything the people are testing stays ignored? If it is, then there is only one result for this test: The game failed.

1 hour ago, Oscar_Syx said:

Is dsync going to be an essential part of this game and every patch we get?

Yep, this is exactly how it's going to be. The desync problems may become a bit less but they most likely will stay in the game forever, because from here on the game is only getting more complex and harder to develop. If they cant handle server software for a simple deathmatch shooter with loot, they certainly wont be able to handle it with all the upcoming features which they have planned. Sad but true.

• Upvote 3

Well it really depends on your expectations. Some people know what they are getting into when they buy into an Alpha and Beta stages, others simply think it's a way to play the game early. The later are usually the ones who are the most disappointed and vocal against the state of development.

If you can't see any improvement since the launch of Alpha, it only means you haven't been here long, or haven't been paying attention because they HAVE been addressing the desync issue. But maybe you are not pleased that they haven't flipped a switch and instantly fixed it? It's not that easy. If you have a magical way to fix desync, please do share it as i am sure the DEVs would like to know.

One thing is adding features and the other is optimization. You don't optimize a game, more than you absolutely have to, when adding features will mess up that optimization.

If you don't like the current state of testing, i suggest you stop playing until the next content update or patch. 

• Upvote 4

My expectations are simple: I paid a dev team $175 to support them in making a game great, along with hundreds if not thousands of others.  Followed by a ton of other people ranging from $44-$100 for alpha. Then cashed in BIG time when beta came along, with that money servers should be sparkling, and if they can't figure out what "Next Day Survival"..$10, PUBG...$29.99, and just about every other game that's been released lately seemed to figure out then they need to write some refund checks and go home. 

I cant seem to think of any other simple deathmatch  game that has so many issues with AI, servers, and bugs in Beta.  This style of creation is done by other devs with ease.   They got money, they got a community pushing for greatness, and they flopped on beta, probably losing a chunk of their player base as a result. In other words, they saw failure and pushed beta for cash grab and This is it folks. I can smell it from a mile away. 

Edited by Oscar_Syx
grammar
  • Upvote 1

We all know that we are playing an unfinished game, and that it is in beta, but this is really not a beta.  It's still in an alpha state and was, for some reason, given a beta title. Generally when playing in a beta, the game still functions as a whole.  But this.. I can't remember the last time I was able to finish even just a ten minute match without running into something utterly ridiculous and truly breaking.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Juquavex said:

We all know that we are playing an unfinished game, and that it is in beta, but this is really not a beta.  It's still in an alpha state and was, for some reason, given a beta title. Generally when playing in a beta, the game still functions as a whole.  But this.. I can't remember the last time I was able to finish even just a ten minute match without running into something utterly ridiculous and truly breaking.

I was just in discord, saying the exact same thing.  ya know, i really want to love this title.  it's so frustrating. I remember when I found out it was Unity, i said to me self. ."Why on earth would they use unity with unreal being so much better..." Wonder if it's to late to switch, Star Citizen switched to Lumber yard, it's been good for them. Unity is known to have issues, and looks like 2004. 

Edited by Oscar_Syx

It's almost as if.... we're testing an unfinished game - like it's a beta or something.

/mindblown

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ynefel said:

It's almost as if.... we're testing an unfinished game - like it's a beta or something.

/mindblown

^ This guy gets it.

Bottom line is expectation vs reality. The DEVs are developing regardless of your own personal opinion how good a job they are doing. You are not the only one who paid 150+ for the game. Some have even bought multiple packages. It was your choice to get into the TESTING stages where the game is UNFINISHED. And no, contrary to popular belief you didn't pay 150 to test. You paid 150 for all the bonuses, of which testing was a reward for taking the leap. If you are not satisfied, wait until the game is released and than you will have what you were promised.

If you feel you can do better than please do prove it. Make a game, sell it. Update weekly and have 0 issues. After that i will give you all the reason in the world.

Until than the only thing you are doing is projecting your own biased definition of what a Beta test is or should be, and criticizing the DEVs on not meeting that definition. Makes no sense. But you ARE entitled to an opinion after all, with that i cannot argue.

• Upvote 2

This is not a true Beta, and you know it. I've never claimed I could do better, but I can honestly say I've known no game in the recent past that is plauged as badly as EFT.  

• Upvote 2

The more i see threads like this the more it comes to mind that people just do not understand game development.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Huskie said:

The more i see threads like this the more it comes to mind that people just do not understand game development.

And honestly, with these sort of threads, the people that aren't happy, take a break and come back after a few patches.  

Well, what we called test should be follow by progress...indeed, there are some futures added to the game, fix of ai, adding server in oceanic...this is showing a progress..but offcourse will not satisfied all players...

desync issue? I am not gonna expected it will be fix soon even until the first month of full game release...the game will become more complex, adding gextures, and others..desync is another problems...many factors caused desync; server issue, player location, etc...bugs and crash is on the other side of the problem that we can push them to fix it soon..

This game should still be in alpha in my opinion. The game is not feature complete and has a lot of glaring issues still, like desync, which existed since I started playing in January and apparently it existed quite a time prior to that when I first heard about the issue back then. I don't really understand the move to beta, beta is usually reserved for final testing of the client to ramp it up for release. This transition makes no sense, since it clearly is not feature complete. Not like it matters what we tag it, I suppose. Developers across the board have completely molested that term throughout the industry as of late.

Edited by gfaust
  • Upvote 2

17 часов назад, Satah сказал:

Except people are not just testing, they are also waiting for their product to get delivered. People didn't pay to test, they paid to get the game "soon". Big difference. The testing is just a perk.

As for the topic, I get the same feeling of incompetence. Pretty much every single feature in the game is bugged right now: The interface and menus are glitching, the traders, inventory, stash and modding are contantly throwing random error messages and crash for no reason, matchmaking doesnt always load, graphics have terrible glitches and framedrops, fov doesnt work properly, the netcode and servers are a pure mess and I dont even want to start about talking about what is happening ingame. Yet the game still went into Beta like those issues didnt even exist. Is that really testing if everything the people are testing stays ignored? If it is, then there is only one result for this test: The game failed.

Well you pre-ordered game. But you are complaining about testing problems mate. They didn't announce release date, and you have been informed about unsettled release date.

About bugs in test, let me try to change your point of view for more positive. In game industry there is only one (1) game that somehow close to EFT - its ARMA III. I was ARMA and OF fan for a long time and can tell you - small russian company made BETA (goddamn even alpha) FAR FAR FAR MORE PLAYABLE than AAA-developer their game on RELEASE! ARMA III is literally UNPLAYABLE.

And I can't tell you the same thing about EFT. For the past weeks I barely remember desynch. Seen cheater only once (not sure it was flying killer or just killed while desynch). Never experience inventory glitch (except VSS inspection), never experienced traders or stash glitch. Never get modding errors. Almost never had ping and netcode issues. Iam lvl 34 btw (playing a lot). With last hotfix patch I get fps drops, but can't tell if this problem is on game-side (and not mine). Game went to Beta from Alpha not to get closer to release, but increase player base to continue testing.

13 minutes ago, skyf1re said:

......With last hotfix patch I get fps drops, but can't tell if this problem is on game-side (and not mine). Game went to Beta from Alpha not to get closer to release, but increase player base to continue testing.

A lot of people are getting these problems as of the latest patch. It will probably be fixed at some point :)

2 hours ago, skyf1re said:

Well you pre-ordered game. But you are complaining about testing problems mate. They didn't announce release date, and you have been informed about unsettled release date.

Those are not testing problems. Don't act like every feature in a game being bugged is something normal. All the terrible Early Access games may make that impression, but they are not. A good developer won't even allow many bugs to happen. A good chunk of bugs will get found and fixed using proper white-box testing. Alpha and Beta Testing are part of the UAT and shouldn't have any obvious and regular bugs anymore. This game has more than enough of them.

I just played the Destiny 2 Beta and only found like 2 bugs, and neither of them are game breaking. That is how a Beta should look like.

As for the release date, they said on multiple occasions that the game will fully release in 2016. We are way past that.

About bugs in test, let me try to change your point of view for more positive. In game industry there is only one (1) game that somehow close to EFT - its ARMA III. I was ARMA and OF fan for a long time and can tell you - small russian company made BETA (goddamn even alpha) FAR FAR FAR MORE PLAYABLE than AAA-developer their game on RELEASE! ARMA III is literally UNPLAYABLE.

1. EfT right now is nothing but a simple Deathmatch shooter with variable gear. There are a lot of that kind out on the market. And most of them don't have utterly game breaking issues unlike EfT.
  2. Showing a bad game doesn't justify another bad game. There are lots of games out there who have only a tenth of the bugs in their earliest Alpha compared to what EfT has now. That is good game quality and something I would commend. A game with barely any features and barely any content still having game breaking bugs at every corner is absolutely unacceptable.
  3. What have you been smoking? ArmA III runs a dozen times better than EfT. I can launch ArmA right now and shoot some people and guess what - when I shoot them they die and don't teleport or fly around the map like The Flash. ArmA has its problems (refer to 2), but by far not as many and crucial as EfT has. So please stop spreading bs and lying to yourself. The software quality of EfT is a joke. By far worse than any of the other similar games I know. Even Survarium, DayZ and PUBG are more stable than this.

And I can't tell you the same thing about EFT. For the past weeks I barely remember desynch. Seen cheater only once (not sure it was flying killer or just killed while desynch). Never experience inventory glitch (except VSS inspection), never experienced traders or stash glitch. Never get modding errors. Almost never had ping and netcode issues. Iam lvl 34 btw (playing a lot). With last hotfix patch I get fps drops, but can't tell if this problem is on game-side (and not mine).

All I have to do is open up a twitch stream of EfT and in the next few minutes I will see either or all of the following:

• The game gets stuck somewhere in the menus or matchmaking
  • The game crashes
  • Some guy is teleporting around
  • Some guy survives way more than he should
  • Some guy is flying in the sky
  • Some guy is glitching his pistol in his inventory so you cannot loot it

If you don't experience these you are playing a different game than all the other people here do.

Game went to Beta from Alpha not to get closer to release, but increase player base to continue testing.

They cannot even fix all the issues that the small playerbase is reporting so they open up for more players and even more bug reports to "continue" testing? Figure it out yourself how stupid that sounds.

If they wanted to satisfy the customers and give access to everybody is do something like

"Hey, we underestimated the development by a lot and won't be able to deliver the Beta anytime soon, so everybody who preordered the game, including the Standard package, from here on gets Alpha access."

Admitting a mistake and giving something in return for the customers sounds way better than a Beta of horrible quality doesn't it? But as it looks now the only purpose of this way too early release of a Beta was just a way to make more money from sales. I wouldn't be surprised if they would release the full game without fixing anything either and still missing all the promised features.

• Upvote 3

Hola,

It seems like things are back to normal for me.

It happened at about 21:00 on 31/08/17

Kudos to the devs for a quick stealth fix

15 часов назад, Satah сказал:

All I have to do is open up a twitch stream of EfT and in the next few minutes I will see either or all of the following:

• The game gets stuck somewhere in the menus or matchmaking
  • The game crashes
  • Some guy is teleporting around
  • Some guy survives way more than he should
  • Some guy is flying in the sky
  • Some guy is glitching his pistol in his inventory so you cannot loot it

All your marked issues happend to me like couple of times in 350+ raids. Whats the point for me to lie? I didn't receive any bonuses from devs or mods. At first 2 days of closed beta game was almost unplayable for me. I just waited these days and it was more than good. Last hotfix ruin game for me and my friend, there was a huge memory leaks that cause to stuck for 5-10 seconds in the raid waiting for game client for response. We just stopped playing till they fix it, that happens.

Personally I didn't watch streams, only saw Kotton and it was pretty fine. For hour of watching seen only 1 desynch for like 2-3 seconds (can't tell if the guy who "stuck" didnt "stuck" due his problems).

And comparing destiny 2 beta with small russian developer band is ridiculous mate. How many investments destiny 2 have? 100m$? 200m$? 300m$? GTAV, for example, hit the mark of 150m$, and Star citizen in 3-years-forever-alpha with 160m$ preorders and + Richard personal money.

About Arma and deathmatches, well, show me the FPS game where you can die out of bleeding after shot or starving after long run. With graphics level of EfT at least. Arma III experience for me was awful, especially with horrible desynchs, buildings-in-the-air and ridiculous system requirements (even tho I have high-end pc giving out 15-30fps). Maybe it's because I was playing Wasteland mod and personally it was bugged as HELL, since standard arma multiplayer is empty for features (for me). But if you calling EFT casual deathmatch FPS I guess I know where we going with this discussion.

The last thing i can't understand after our dialogue - why you still playing this game, and even more why are you posting here? Its definitely not the game you like...

8 hours ago, skyf1re said:

Whats the point for me to lie?

To support your point for example how this game runs better than something like ArmA even though it clearly doesn't. Fanboys of a game lie all the time about how great their game is, no matter how bad it truly is.

We just stopped playing till they fix it, that happens.

Yes it happens, but it still sucks. And the more often it happens the more does the game quality suffer. A good developer wouldn't ever let bugs like some which we have in EfT happen. Imagine you are playing the game past full release and then your hard earned stash just randomly disappears because some guy had to duck with the database, what already happened several times by now. If it is happening now, it can happen at any point.

And comparing destiny 2 beta with small russian developer band is ridiculous mate.

I keep hearing how this game is just a small company as an excuse, yet nobody ever gave a source to that information.

1. How do you know it is a small company? Tell me the number of developers working at BSG and show me the source to it.
  2. How is the size of the company relevant, if the price tag is that of an AAA title? Would it be alright to charge $50-$150 for a bugged Tetris, just because only one guy is working on it? Would that be a good game in your opinion?
  3. Destiny 2 also has cinematics, a full story, guided missions and a lot more complex characters and interactions. It is not just spawning on a map and then just randomly doing whatever you want. EfT right now is very simple and will always stay very simple. It is a lot easier to make and despite that they still cannot even handle very basic FPS interactions which have been around since the 90ies, which, again, is rather disappointing.
9 hours ago, skyf1re said:

[...] and Star citizen in 3-years-forever-alpha with 160m$ preorders and + Richard personal money.

Star Citizen is just another failure. And right now EfT is on the exact same path. With only 1 map per year, barely any progress and not addressing bugs, this game will also stay an Alpha forever (except they are just calling it a Beta to make more sales).

About Arma and deathmatches, well, show me the FPS game where you can die out of bleeding after shot or starving after long run.

DayZ for example, which has both machanics implemented in a better and more useful way. And does starving really define what Eft is? EfT is made for small sessions up to 1h. Eating and Drinking in session based gameplay is nothing but an annoyance.

The last thing i can't understand after our dialogue - why you still playing this game, and even more why are you posting here? Its definitely not the game you like...

1. I'm not playing the game. It just isn't fun at all to have 50% of the rounds ruined by random bs.
  2. Of course I don't like a bugged techdemo of a game. That is exactly why I am posting here, so they may or may not step up their game and hopefully deliver what people wanted when they preordered this. I am suggesting to raise the stakes if they want this game to succeed, because all the problems the game has right now are unacceptable. If you don't raise your voice when they keep ducking up, they will give you the same poo over and over until ultimately the game turns out to crap. Welcome to the real world.

35 minutes ago, Satah said:
  1. I'm not playing the game. It just isn't fun at all to have 50% of the rounds ruined by random bs.
  2. Of course I don't like a bugged techdemo of a game. That is exactly why I am posting here, so they may or may not step up their game and hopefully deliver what people wanted when they preordered this. I am suggesting to raise the stakes if they want this game to succeed, because all the problems the game has right now are unacceptable. If you don't raise your voice when they keep ducking up, they will give you the same poo over and over until ultimately the game turns out to crap. Welcome to the real world.

Maybe try emailing support and see if they will refund you your money?