lizakk

Lower level helmets

This needs to happen. With helmets so hard to get or buy there needs to be some cheaper substitute! It's sick to get one shot by hatchling in head or scav with makarov and you can't do anything about it. I can't beleive in city like Tarkov theres no Riot Police Helmets or just some old WWII helmets. Really this is a game changer and I dont get it why its not implemented already.

• Upvote 1

These helmets cant stop a 9mm bullet and they will be useless.

Edited by pkozik

1 minute ago, pkozik said:

These helmets cant stop a 9mm bullet and they will be useless.

but they will stop you form dying by being hitting in a head melee and increase a chance of recochet.  But thank for another usless comment.

Since the urrent helmet is not OP, why not make it drop more often and /or  let us buy it from traders just like the paca?

bring out a better helmet with more protection to go with the heavy armor.

I got two this morning from AI... they aren't that hard to get... and I've only been playing since friday..

They can be hard to keep though..

Edited by Quo
  • Upvote 1

This isn't PUBG bruh. They are not about to just implement something like this, in a TEST build, to make you comfortable. C'mon man. 

The problem is, you are playing solo and I know it. The game was designed to be played in a team. Then you'll get lots of helmets. 

• Upvote 12

Helmet's arent even that good when you've only got PACA. I've never bought one and have 6 in my stash just now. If you can play the game, over time you will farm them off scavs and players. That's simply how the game is at the moment.

the current helmet looks like a sphera, which is a steel helmet and isn't even made of advanced material. so that likely IS the low tier helmet.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

This isn't PUBG bruh. They are not about to just implement something like this, in a TEST build, to make you comfortable. C'mon man. 

The problem is, you are playing solo and I know it. The game was designed to be played in a team. Then you'll get lots of helmets. 

Yes game design is also a problem - when your grup can be more than half of people on the server. So thanks for pointing it out.  This game is supoused to be for lone wolfs and team and on current stage its really hard to play solo. So if you want to make it team only and test it team only you can leave it as it is now or change it to make game more possible to play alone. As you pointed out this is beta so all posibillities should be tested.

Well you seem to be forgetting something, the way the game is SUPPOSED to be played is in a sort of faction vs faction system: USEC vs Bear. With the current state of the game there is no way to punish people killing their own faction, until the karma system is in. Even then there will be rouge elements at play who don't really care. So ideally you should be able to team up with that random USEC or Bear player that you come across but sadly that will not happen.

As for complaining about solo play being too hard the only thing I can say is get good. If you take your time and not try to COD yourself through the game you will be fine.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lizakk said:

Yes game design is also a problem - when your grup can be more than half of people on the server. So thanks for pointing it out.  This game is supoused to be for lone wolfs and team and on current stage its really hard to play solo. So if you want to make it team only and test it team only you can leave it as it is now or change it to make game more possible to play alone. As you pointed out this is beta so all posibillities should be tested.

Sigh. The game will not be changed on this because that is a core feature. You will be playing story mode and the AI will be even harder than they are now. You will need a team to back you up while discovering story and quests.

• Upvote 1

i couldn't agree with @Colonel Twerkins more. From a military background, and law enforcement we are never alone. I dont know of any special forces element that moves in a single man team. This game is build on team work, i recommend you find a community and you will see how your income, helmets , all types of loots goes up 

law enforcement and military are also tactical and follow tons of protocol which none of the human players do. game needs friendly ai

20 minutes ago, johncage213 said:

law enforcement and military are also tactical and follow tons of protocol which none of the human players do. game needs friendly ai

Sorry bud, but speak for yourself. This ain't CoD, although lots of people come in here with that misconception and playstyle. Then they wonder why they die so much xD. I play tactically all the time and so do my clan. We always have the loot to spare.

14 hours ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

Sigh. The game will not be changed on this because that is a core feature. You will be playing story mode and the AI will be even harder than they are now. You will need a team to back you up while discovering story and quests.

Admittedly, he has a point. For example,customs has a raid size of 1-7 right now. You can have a squad of 5 PMCs. That means the other two players, no matter how well they're playing, get screwed 9 times out of 10.

There is a difference between a team-based game and a game where playing in anything less than a full squad is a bad idea. It does need tweaking.

On 9/1/2017 at 2:29 AM, lizakk said:

This needs to happen. With helmets so hard to get or buy there needs to be some cheaper substitute! It's sick to get one shot by hatchling in head or scav with makarov and you can't do anything about it. I can't beleive in city like Tarkov theres no Riot Police Helmets or just some old WWII helmets. Really this is a game changer and I dont get it why its not implemented already.

I wouldn't mind seeing surplus UN PASGT helmets, M1 steel pods, various Com-Bloc steel helmets that can deflect shotgun pellets and a pistol round at long range.

post-63438-0-83752100-1407627349.jpg

Really, the problem right now is that the helmets we do have are a little too effective. In real life, even if a helmet stops a bullet, you still get a huge bruise, and sometimes get knocked unconscious. The game needs unconsciousness / stunned dizzy states, especially with the "shoot legs instead of armor" meta.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sushi said:

There is a difference between a team-based game and a game where playing in anything less than a full squad is a bad idea. It does need tweaking.

Here is an interesting quote from a dev interview:

On 1/14/2016 at 9:55 AM, TarkovEscaper said:

NIM: Escape from Tarkov is going to feature a certain PvE component. What is the approximate ratio of PvE and PvP according to your plan?
N.B.: We don’t have a firmly set division like this. For instance, one moment you are punishing the Scavs together with your friends, and 15 seconds later a friend shoots you in a back without a word. You have to be always alert for things like this.

All I'm trying to say is that this is the way it was intended to be. There's not going to be as much PvP in the story mode, BECAUSE of the story mode. But then again, you may decide to come in a 3-man group and this will involve more PvP (And you will need to get your skills up to even survive with fewer people). But honestly, you're going have to worry more about Scavs, Scav Gang Bosses and trying not to get badly injured in the raid (You will have to heal after and wait to try again). The raids are going to be really hard and will take a minimum of 80-100 hrs to complete all 10. The majority of your PvP will come from Arena Mode and Freeroam Mode when you complete all 10 raids.

Not trying to give you a hard time btw, I've just been here so long and I know, probably almost, everything there is to know. I just don't want you guys to get to the release and be like, this is not what I pre-ordered! xD .

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

Here is an interesting quote from a dev interview:

All I'm trying to say is that this is the way it was intended to be. There's not going to be as much PvP in the story mode, BECAUSE of the story mode. But then again, you may decide to come in a 3-man group and this will involve more PvP (And you will need to get your skills up to even survive with fewer people). But honestly, you're going have to worry more about Scavs, Scav Gang Bosses and trying not to get badly injured in the raid (You will have to heal after and wait to try again). The raids are going to be really hard and will take a minimum of 80-100 hrs to complete all 10. The majority of your PvP will come from Arena Mode and Freeroam Mode when you complete all 10 raids.

Not trying to give you a hard time btw, I've just been here so long and I know, probably almost, everything there is to know. I just don't want you guys to get to the release and be like, this is not what I pre-ordered! xD .

Nah I totally understand what you're saying. Personally I always go with 3-5 trusted friends.  But we do want to think about the fact that new players initially probably won't have friends going into Tarkov and a really really steep learning curve isn't always a great thing.

hi, wonder how this plays out in the full game. you play - for example - with 3 friends and one got lighted up in the first round. so he has to sit out - again for example - for 30-60 till he is healed and ready again? not sure if funny :( 

22 минуты назад, xJonnyDx сказал:

hi, wonder how this plays out in the full game. you play - for example - with 3 friends and one got lighted up in the first round. so he has to sit out - again for example - for 30-60 till he is healed and ready again? not sure if funny :( 

I think, meds will heal you up instantly or Therapist will heal you for some price

• Upvote 1