rix5

Here is why you should edit/remove the spawn in the tunnels in factory

The one spawning at the underground doors never has a chance. There is simply no way this guy could ever win a fight vs someone spawning in just a second earlier and has a automatic weapon. This guy in that spawn drops reliably after taking 5 steps. 
I'd suggest to place something in the tunnel to obscure the line of sight in such a way to allow that spawn to exit or to remove it entirely. 

The guy in the video spawns at 0:53. The fact i can hear that doesn't help this poor guy a single bit. 

Edited by rix5

Just now, Umbario said:

WIP....work in progress.

Sure, i know. That's why i'm making suggestions. This spawn can't be in final game like that. Needs some editing. 

Now that i think a bit about it: moving those wooden crates in the tunnel to the other side of the tunnel would help already. Currently as they are positioned they prevent him to throw a granade against the wall and into my direction but does nothing to obscure my line of fire. These wooden crates make his situation worse because he can't even throw a granade in my direction without looking around the corner. 

Yeah the only way to have a shot is immediately Sprint to the tunnel across from it and that's still not garunteeing life.

Get wounded in the first seconds, limp to the extract immediately ... if you're lucky.... almost every time ... almost everyone... 

Edited by rix5

17 hours ago, rix5 said:

The one spawning at the underground doors never has a chance. There is simply no way this guy could ever win a fight vs someone spawning in just a second earlier and has a automatic weapon. This guy in that spawn drops reliably after taking 5 steps. 
I'd suggest to place something in the tunnel to obscure the line of sight in such a way to allow that spawn to exit or to remove it entirely. 

The guy in the video spawns at 0:53. The fact i can hear that doesn't help this poor guy a single bit. 

They already put objects in there that weren't there before...cause they're not removing that spawn. I have been on his side before and it's easy to get out of there. You actually have it worse, cause I can nade you from cover. EDIT: it will be worse for both sides when they implement "blind grenade throws" and underhand throwing.

4 hours ago, rix5 said:

Another video from the other perspective, i was lucky to make it out alife:

I loved the part where you got stuck on a 50mm tall piece of ruble.

1 hour ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

They already put objects in there that weren't there before...cause they're not removing that spawn. I have been on his side before and it's easy to get out of there. You actually have it worse, cause I can nade you from cover.

Show a video how you nade that guy from that spawn. I found the ceiling to be too low for that to work. You'll just nade yourself. 
I won't believe it's even possible to get a nade up the ramp before i see it. 

In fact it's much easier to throw a granade down the ramp than up the ramp (if it's even possible). 

Make a poll and you'll see most players will tell you that spawn has a big disadvantage. 

Wooden crates are on the wrong side of the tunnel also. 

Edited by rix5

At least player that spawned there should control 2 sides for incoming enemies, while turning (even sitting!) making a lot of noise! Should we tell about disadvantage of HDD-users on that spot as well? All that will help is blocking all vision (or even approach) from PVE spawn.

• Upvote 1

New idea: lower the ceiling in one spot or let something hang down from the ceiling of the tunnel so it's not possible anymore to see the whole tunnel while lying down in the ramp. 
Basically block the line of sight for the guy lying down in the ramp. 
What would help also would be to place some bulletproof cover in the disadvantaged spawn for better camping opportunities for the guy spawning in there. 

1 hour ago, rix5 said:

Show a video how you nade that guy from that spawn. I found the ceiling to be too low for that to work. You'll just nade yourself. 
I won't believe it's even possible to get a nade up the ramp before i see it. 

In fact it's much easier to throw a granade down the ramp than up the ramp (if it's even possible). 

Make a poll and you'll see most players will tell you that spawn has a big disadvantage. 

Wooden crates are on the wrong side of the tunnel also. 

Granted it will take practice and I can't do it online because I can't guarantee my spawn in enough time to put this together rn. But here's what I could throw together... 

NOTE: At blinky, you have to hotbar your grenade and click RMB

• Upvote 1

Oh, like a bowling ball. Does it fly different if i hotbar it? Need to test this. 

edit: yeah, this actually works but i think it's still a bit much to ask for to 
a: have a granade 

b: use the hotbar (and know about it)

c: actually get it right

if you don't have a,b AND c right you're screwed. 
It remains: the spawn has a disadvantage to the other spawns because you can't get out if you're being camped. 
No other spawn has this disadvantage as all of them allow exit via many options. Not this one. 

I still think it would be better to block the line of sight in the tunnel. 

Edited by rix5

Just now, rix5 said:

Oh, like a bowling ball. Does it fly different if i hotbar it? Need to test this. 

First, tell me that I am lord and king of Tarkov... xD LOL!

Yeah, if you hotbar then click the corresponding number, hold LMB, you will stick out your left hand (fingertip is your sight so to speak) BUT you will yell before your hand goes into the throwing position. But the other way to do it, is to RMB and it will yell as it's thrown, which is better. I've been playing since day one of Alpha (almost a year and a month ago) so I've had time to learn a lot. When they implement blind grenade throwing, I think it will be even easier because you can crouch back behind the barrel and throw over or to the side.

Yeah, thanks for the tip. It's great to know. I'm right now practicing this in offline. 

• Upvote 1

Solution = flashgrenade Better to add something to the game to improve gameplay, then take anything away. To reduce risk of dying by others could be solved, by remove all, but one spawn and the player could fight against bots only. :)