Sushi

Scav Mode Objectives

r960-df4dd091cae2c5a4c889d30fb781035d.jp

A Scav isn't a PMC. They have a family, friends, they might have lived in Tarkov city before the fighting started. Because of this, they aren't just wandering the city to fulfill military objectives.

• "Find 3 Painkillers / Morphine for your family."
  • "Bring 2 Drinks & 3 Cans of Food back to your camp."
  • "Check on Room 220 in the Apartment building."
  • "Bring loot from 1 USEC PMC."
  • "Find 3 computer parts."

A great way to keep Scav gameplay different is to give them objectives that have to be fulfilled before they leave the city. One scav might need to find 3 pain pills / morphine before leaving a raid, to help their wounded comrades at base. Another might need to find 4 drinks, or a can of pork. Maybe they need to find a specific type of knife. If they leave the map before finishing their objective, a part of the loot they collect is lost, outside of the control of the player using the Scav.

If the developers wanted, shooting other Scavs could yield the same consequences (part of your loot is removed upon level completion.) PMCs go back to a hideout; Scavs will have to face the wrath of their community for what they do.

What do you guys think?

• Upvote 11

i like it, very good idea. I'd even say until completion of objective no extraction possible?

it also could kind of force scavs to play together other than KOS grab some rare loot and extract. I hope devs pick up on your idea and try it out or something similar at least

On 9/3/2017 at 0:24 AM, Sushi said:

If they leave the map before finishing their objective, a part of the loot they collect is lost, outside of the control of the player using the Scav.

I liked your idea up to this part. I don't see why just because they failed their objective that suddenly they'd lose part of what loot they did get.

Say the goal was to grab 3 cans of food and 3 drinks, but instead, you managed to find some guns and 2 gold chains and computer parts. You could easily trade that stuff in for way more food and water than your original goal was and have plenty left over. Makes no sense to just be like "objective failed" for being so inflexible to the multitude of ways this could actually be accomplished.

I say, just make it a sort of goal in how say a side quest is. Do this for maybe a little XP boost or something, or for getting a gun, whatever, but if you don't do it, there's no real punishment outside of losing whatever rewards you would have gotten if you completed it.

Making loot magically disappear just doesn't seem like a good design move for this game, and it's not realistic at all, so I don't think it should be getting anywhere near close to this game.

Edited by TechoverMana

On 03/09/2017 at 7:24 AM, Sushi said:

r960-df4dd091cae2c5a4c889d30fb781035d.jp

A Scav isn't a PMC. They have a family, friends, they might have lived in Tarkov city before the fighting started. Because of this, they aren't just wandering the city to fulfill military objectives.

• "Find 3 Painkillers / Morphine for your family."
  • "Bring 2 Drinks & 3 Cans of Food back to your camp."
  • "Check on Room 220 in the Apartment building."
  • "Bring loot from 1 USEC PMC."
  • "Find 3 computer parts."

A great way to keep Scav gameplay different is to give them objectives that have to be fulfilled before they leave the city. One scav might need to find 3 pain pills / morphine before leaving a raid, to help their wounded comrades at base. Another might need to find 4 drinks, or a can of pork. Maybe they need to find a specific type of knife. If they leave the map before finishing their objective, a part of the loot they collect is lost, outside of the control of the player using the Scav.

If the developers wanted, shooting other Scavs could yield the same consequences (part of your loot is removed upon level completion.) PMCs go back to a hideout; Scavs will have to face the wrath of their community for what they do.

What do you guys think?

Yeah that's right, EFT is a realistic game

21 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

I liked your idea up to this part. I don't see why just because they failed their objective that suddenly they'd lose part of what loot they did get.

Say the goal was to grab 3 cans of food and 3 drinks, but instead, you managed to find some guns and 2 gold chains and computer parts. You could easily trade that stuff in for way more food and water than your original goal was and have plenty left over. Makes no sense to just be like "objective failed" for being so inflexible to the multitude of ways this could actually be accomplished.

I say, just make it a sort of goal in how say a side quest is. Do this for maybe a little XP boost or something, or for getting a gun, whatever, but if you don't do it, there's no real punishment outside of losing whatever rewards you would have gotten if you completed it.

Making loot magically disappear just doesn't seem like a good design move for this game, and it's not realistic at all, so I don't think it should be getting anywhere near close to this game.

Part of the reason I'm suggesting that is that Scavving right now is mostly a way to grab keys or shoot some AI and flee with a decent gun. It's a pretty shallow mode that has a lot of potential to be better.

If that doesn't work, maybe you'd have to trade some of your loot away in the menu after a raid to offset failing an objective. You have to choose how much to give up to meet some kind of value equivalent or something?

6 hours ago, Sushi said:

Part of the reason I'm suggesting that is that Scavving right now is mostly a way to grab keys or shoot some AI and flee with a decent gun. It's a pretty shallow mode that has a lot of potential to be better

They're talking about making the scav extracts different than the PMC extracts so that you can't just grab a few items and slip out before anyone sees you, they're talking like making the PMC spawn points the Scav Extracts so you'd likely have to cross or slip around PMCs to get out instead of just leaving before you're ever spotted.

6 hours ago, Sushi said:

If that doesn't work, maybe you'd have to trade some of your loot away in the menu after a raid to offset failing an objective

I don't see why it just wouldn't be the fact you failed your objective is the punishment because you're out whatever was promised.

If it's like "We'll give you 100k roubles if you do [insert item or action here] 3 times" and then you fail because you got shot up and needed to leave before bleeding out, or whatever, you're out that 100k. I don't see why the additional stuff would come down. Losing out on that is already bad enough.

14 hours ago, Lightel said:

EFT is a realistic game

Loot magically disappearing into the ether isn't exactly the height of realism.

• Upvote 1

Goals?

Cheeki breeeki beer and sunflower seeds

cheeki breeki free stuff to sell :P

cheeki breeki lots of money

• Upvote 2

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:49 AM, TechoverMana said:

Yeah man agree, but in general it was a legit idea which can be picked up for discussion and improved. I think implementation of scav-objectives sounds interesting and has some potential. However, dev can find better solutions how to bonus or penalize objectives for fulfilling or failing.

Just don't think that ideas are picked up right here...

On 9/6/2017 at 0:39 AM, TechoverMana said:

They're talking about making the scav extracts different than the PMC extracts so that you can't just grab a few items and slip out before anyone sees you, they're talking like making the PMC spawn points the Scav Extracts so you'd likely have to cross or slip around PMCs to get out instead of just leaving before you're ever spotted.

I don't see why it just wouldn't be the fact you failed your objective is the punishment because you're out whatever was promised.

If it's like "We'll give you 100k roubles if you do [insert item or action here] 3 times" and then you fail because you got shot up and needed to leave before bleeding out, or whatever, you're out that 100k. I don't see why the additional stuff would come down. Losing out on that is already bad enough.

Loot magically disappearing into the ether isn't exactly the height of realism.

Well, the idea I'm trying to run with is that your Scav isn't a single individual acting for their own interests. They're generally a person trying to sustain their family and friends back at home, if they fail to bring in the basic necessities to sustain life, there's generally consequences. 100K is a fair bit, but a lot of loot ingame isn't bought easily and it's a minor incentive if you happen to kill a player and immediately bail with their full kit.

Not to mention, PMCs will eventually get objectives just like that, and the idea is to add some interesting variety to the playstyles.

great idea... give scavs little goals to squad up and make it really hard for the pmc's

also... make the pmc spawn the extract for the scavs.... so you always feel at spawn like.. "woah.. they are coming this way" :D

I think this is the best suggestion that I have ever seen on this forum!

I hope the devs see this and listen to you!

2017-08-08[12-31]_236.4,_1.2,_146.7_0.1,_-0.5,_0.1,_0.9_(0).png

How about some scav objectives are them being hired by the traders to collect insured items?

First let me get this out of the way. I am not talking about player scavs being able to enter an instance they have just been killed in as a PMC. I am not talking about a player scav being able to select an insurance claim they lost as a PMC. Neither of these should ever be possible. There should be no ascertainable correlation between the insurance claim and the PMC who lost it, only a rough monetary value and time remaining for the scav about the claim.

Right so with that cleared up. When entering the lobby for a raid as a scav you are presented with a list of insurance claims that have been lost by PMCs in that particular raid map in the last 24hrs. You can pick one insurance claim as an objective. This insurance claim is then not selectable for any other scavs in any other raid of the same map (is temporarily removed from the list).

If a scav is entering a raid with a insurance claim then the body of said PMC(if he died was mortally wounded) and his gear is spawned where it was lost (this being on the body or where ever it was put), and to this scav only have a special icon(similar to the insurance icon) displayed on the items when inspected for identification purposes.

If as a scav you manage to find and extract with some of the items..

• you get to keep the contents of containers and ammo from mags (this is exactly what we see as PMCs when we get insurance back, empty containers and mags)
  • are awarded a percentage of the insurance claim cost for item/s recovered
  • or are awarded an item/s from the trader of equivalent value of the insurance cost for the item/s recovered

Any items not recovered or removed from the raid by others, when the instance the hired scav was in is shutdown, are placed back in the list as insurance claims for scavs to select as objectives. After 24hrs the claims are removed from the list and anything that has been recovered is what the PMC who lost it gets back.

So what does this give us...

• Objectives for scavs
  • Extra loot for anyone else in the instance(as in reality your lost gear is not going to disappear from a location when the instance is closed, although the loot is kept to a minimum as it can only be one possible claim per scav joining the raid)
  • Reduced returns on PMC insurance (as currently it is way to easy to get back your insured items)
  • Selective returns on insured items(as scavs are only going to pick the bigger payouts, i.e they are no going to go looking for a 100 rubles claim that is possibly just a makrov)
  • No throwing your insured items, as a PMC, out of map bounds, as it then cannot be found. (I know devs have said this is a valid tactic but personally I think its cheating if you can throw insured items where they cannot possibly be found)
  • Reasons for scavs to move away from the spawn area and possibly encounter PMCs
  • Adds a realistic side to the insurance meta, you are actually relying on people for your returns

There are a few aspects of this that would need to be thought out carefully. For instance as scavs spawn after PMCs there is the possibility of insurance item/s, dead bodies spawning in front of the current players in the raid. The biggest problem I would see, is for the devs keeping extra data about insured items, there contents and locations.

Likely never going to happen but I quite like this idea myself.

Edited by Drofic
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Drofic said:

How about some scav objectives are them being hired by the traders to collect insured items?

First let me get this out of the way. I am not talking about player scavs being able to enter an instance they have just been killed in as a PMC. I am not talking about a player scav being able to select an insurance claim they lost as a PMC. Neither of these should ever be possible. There should be no ascertainable correlation between the insurance claim and the PMC who lost it, only a rough monetary value and time remaining for the scav about the claim.

Right so with that cleared up. When entering the lobby for a raid as a scav you are presented with a list of insurance claims that have been lost by PMCs in that particular raid map in the last 24hrs. You can pick one insurance claim as an objective. This insurance claim is then not selectable for any other scavs in any other raid of the same map (is temporarily removed from the list).

If a scav is entering a raid with a insurance claim then the body of said PMC(if he died was mortally wounded) and his gear is spawned where it was lost (this being on the body or where ever it was put), and to this scav only have a special icon(similar to the insurance icon) displayed on the items when inspected for identification purposes.

If as a scav you manage to find and extract with some of the items..

• you get to keep the contents of containers and ammo from mags (this is exactly what we see as PMCs when we get insurance back, empty containers and mags)
  • are awarded a percentage of the insurance claim cost for item/s recovered
  • or are awarded an item/s from the trader of equivalent value of the insurance cost for the item/s recovered

Any items not recovered or removed from the raid by others, when the instance the hired scav was in is shutdown, are placed back in the list as insurance claims for scavs to select as objectives. After 24hrs the claims are removed from the list and anything that has been recovered is what the PMC who lost it gets back.

So what does this give us...

• Objectives for scavs
  • Extra loot for anyone else in the instance(as in reality your lost gear is not going to disappear from a location when the instance is closed, although the loot is kept to a minimum as it can only be one possible claim per scav joining the raid)
  • Reduced returns on PMC insurance (as currently it is way to easy to get back your insured items)
  • Selective returns on insured items(as scavs are only going to pick the bigger payouts, i.e they are no going to go looking for a 100 rubles claim that is possibly just a makrov)
  • No throwing your insured items, as a PMC, out of map bounds, as it then cannot be found. (I know devs have said this is a valid tactic but personally I think its cheating if you can throw insured items where they cannot possibly be found)
  • Reasons for scavs to move away from the spawn area and possibly encounter PMCs
  • Adds a realistic side to the insurance meta, you are actually relying on people for your returns

There are a few aspects of this that would need to be thought out carefully. For instance as scavs spawn after PMCs there is the possibility of insurance item/s, dead bodies spawning in front of the current players in the raid. The biggest problem I would see, is for the devs keeping extra data about insured items, there contents and locations.

Likely never going to happen but I quite like this idea myself.

Eh.

I don't think any PMC would pay money just for an RNG lottery "if another scav happens to find my stuff." That also means if you're playing during low population hours / days you just won't get your stuff back. There's quite a few technical and balance issues with leaving dropped items to populate a map that have to be worked out.

Also makes playing as a Scav very frustrating, as your mission boils down to "did someone grab the loot before I did?" Which is already bad enough in respect to keys and document cases in Tarkov to begin with.

On 9/13/2017 at 10:32 AM, tullowitsch said:

still think this a good idea, but doesn't get any attention here, maybe you should move it to general or beta forum...

Are we allowed to crosspost?

22 hours ago, Drofic said:

/// cut ///

In my opinion, it would simply make insurance pointless. I would stop bothering insuring anything and simply spend money toward buying new stuff. Reason is - you would never get your items back, because we cannot ignore technical issues, and the fact that they would need to take away your items from your raid and your body and spawn them in some other raid without your body (and this becomes very complex when someone removes few attachments from your gun and then maybe dies in another location).

And what about other scavs that have not selected an objective? You can either give them all same objective, or none at all, because it opens door for abuse:

We go as scavs, I take objective, find expensive gear, then I come to extract, give you the gear and we extract, you keep it because you have not selected objective.

Then, how to compensate for current meta of hiding of items - if your friend took your insured items and hid them, or threw them into a spot from where you cannot get out?

Then the last problem, you go in as SCAV, find great gear that you get paid to get it back, but you don't want to get half of insurance policy. So what you do, you use that gear to fight PMC to get their gear you can keep. And if they kill you, they have to be able to keep your gear (which is actually insured) - if you are able to fight with someone else's gear that cannot be lost, it defeats the purpose of this game. It just makes insurance pointless because no one will opt to extract with insured gear, everyone would use it to fight for non-insured one.

2 hours ago, PotatoWarriah said:

it would simply make insurance pointless. I would stop bothering insuring anything and simply spend money toward buying new stuff. Reason is - you would never get your items back

Possibly, if the reward was good enough for the scav then you may see some items and if the claim gets to 24hrs and it has not been found/extractedc by anyone you could still have the default return as it is now or even some rng on the possibility of return. As I said, this could lower insurance returns, which to be honest would be a good thing, I personally think its currently too easy to get your items back. Plus it could provide an extra outlet of goods via scav objectives, which is what the original discussion was about.

we cannot ignore technical issues, and the fact that they would need to take away your items from your raid and your body and spawn them in some other raid without your body

No need to take anything away from a current raid. Like insurance at the moment, it is not calculated until the raid is shut down, as it cannot possibly be, as until then you do not know if someone makes it out with the insured items.

• all items must have an ID to be currently tracked through the economy/player inventories
  • all insurance claims must have a map ID of where they were lost, as the trader knows this for their messages
  • all insurance claims must have a items IDs so as the game knows what to return for said claim

All it would take is a few extra doubles in the database to track item positions.

this becomes very complex when someone removes few attachments from your gun and then maybe dies in another location

True, although if not extracted they could always be placed back at their original position in the next raid.

And what about other scavs that have not selected an objective? You can either give them all same objective, or none at all, because it opens door for abuse:

We go as scavs, I take objective, find expensive gear, then I come to extract, give you the gear and we extract, you keep it because you have not selected objective.

No different to reality. If your gear is left in the middle of a field, as that is where you died, any further scavs/PMCs to roll through the area have a chance of finding your gear, only the one working for the trader gets the reward for finding said gear.

As we are playing against a real time clock (although accelerated) why should gear laying in the middle of a field magically disappear at the end of a raid and not be left laying there for others coming later to find. At least what I described above limits this to only gear current being searched for.

If he gives it to his friend, they still had to work to find it. There would be no glowing icon as to where the items are. Plus the scav working for the trader loses his reward. If the reward is proportional to the value of the insured items there is no trade off between finding/stealing the insured gear. Would you give your friend a AK if the trader was going to give you a bump in reputation and some armour for your troubles, or something else of worth to you like decent trade items electric lamps, psu, gold chain etc you know the stuff that is hard to find?

Then, how to compensate for current meta of hiding of items - if your friend took your insured items and hid them, or threw them into a spot from where you cannot get out?

Nothing wrong with hiding items, they would need to be found. As I said in my previous post I see throwing your gear out of the map bounds(a spot you cannot get to) as a cheat, even though the devs say this is a valid tactic. Why should you be able to throw your gear into a spot where it cannot possibly be reached and get it back on insurance? If it cannot be found by another player within the same instance, as he cannot get to it, why should the traders employers be able to get to it, currently makes no sense.

Then the last problem, you go in as SCAV, find great gear that you get paid to get it back, but you don't want to get half of insurance policy. So what you do, you use that gear to fight PMC to get their gear you can keep.

So the gear has not been extracted/reclaimed so the insurance claim is still open.

And if they kill you, they have to be able to keep your gear (which is actually insured) - if you are able to fight with someone else's gear that cannot be lost

Of course it can be lost, it is no different to how it currently is. You go in as PMC and die, scav finds your body and either extracts(insurance lost) or dies and know one finds his gear(traders agents go looking for it). Absolutely no different to the current in raid insurance logic.

It just makes insurance pointless because no one will opt to extract with insured gear, everyone would use it to fight for non-insured one.

Of course they would return insured gear if the reward was proportional/worth it to the insured items. What if as a scav everyone else has already extracted. How many times have you been left in a raid when majority of the loot(dead scavs/PMCs) has already been cleared and extracted? Knowing the insurance claim is still possibly out there as its not a default thing/position people look for, finding and extracting with the insured items would be a valid return on your time spent in the raid.

I dont see it as making insurance invalid, I see it as making insurance less reliable. Yes there would need to be some careful thought put into the worth of the reward. Although I see it adding..

• less reliable insurance returns (could still add some rng to the result if at 24hrs your gear still has not been found/extracted with)
  • extra loot for both scavs and PMCs although limited to the number of claims chosen by scavs which is limited to number of scav in a raid
  • rewards of money, rep, items for scav that participates
  • possibility for scavs to be better armed, as per the current forum trend of people saying player scavs are not good PvP due to their loadout/reward for killing
  • possibility to make scavs engage PMCs as they maybe extracting with some of the claim items that are of worth to you because of the reward

and as I said previously its very unlikely we will see this, its just an idea that I think is plausible and I thought worth discussing, even though it may never be implemented. Most likely will be locked as per the current trend of moderators locking stuff they dont agree with/is not in line with a game mechanic they think should be in the game, even though a hypothetical discussion.

Edited by Drofic

On 3.09.2017 at 7:24 AM, Sushi said:

. If they leave the map before finishing their objective, a part of the loot they collect is lost,

i dont like this part.

objectives are good but as a additional activity, not a coercion

I really feel like this should be considered.

It is a cool idea, but I think that there should be other types of more simple (as in less computing complications) scav mode objectives added before this.

It would be a nice DLC for sure, but it definitely would need alot of thought and work done on it to make it function properly and make sense.

I have a wonderful idea for a Scav mode objective which I think would work very well.

According to the lore there are both military checkpoints guarding access to/from the city and there are also completely ruthless scav groups roaming around as well.

I say that there should be unique missions where you play as a scav who is trying to return the insurance items that he collected to the trader that has employed him. You would spawn in with a random gearset to defend yourself and a random set of loot which you cannot discard, as this would be the insurance items which you are trying to safely transport to the trader.

So you would have to transport items from A to B. You would press TAB, look at current tasks and you would see the information of where you need to go to. In this message there might be helpful tips from the trader. e.g.
"Avoid the east bridge", or
"Walk up to the checkpoint with your hands raised - I have told the UN guards to let you through without any hassle"
( That one could become 'interesting' )

Along your way you might encounter complications, such as a bandit group of scavs who hold you up, question you and take the very items you are trying to deliver, or you might find a blockade in the middle of the road, or a locked door that the trader told you where the key for it was located, or maybe he didn't.

Furthermore, you would most probably end up in a few firefights, so this would be the main point of the gamemode. At the end of your journey, you would find the place that you were looking for. It could either be a checkpoint out of the city or a warehouse within, but from there you would extract! Hopefully these missions would be different every time.

Perhaps the set of items that you have to safely deliver may not actually be an actual players missing loot, but something randomly generated for the purpose of the mission. That is not the point, to be honest.

Also, I think that it should only be a gamemode where the other players are just Scavs,  and not PMC's, since the 'Insurance Scavs' are supposed to arrive after all the PMC's have either extracted or died.  So you might encounter other player scavs with their own similar missions. Maybe you team up with them in order to make it through the checkpoint alive, who knows...

Of course the current scav mode should remain, but this new objective should be something that you might get once a day or something...

Regarding the insurance system there are two adjustments that I would like to suggest.

• Have a difficulty of finding percentage applied to your insurance items depending on the obscurity of the place where you hid them or where you died with them on your person.  -So if you hide them in a bush in the middle of nowhere, then there should be a very high chance that you do not get them back at all.
  • Make it so that if you do not accept your insurance items back into your stash in time, and you get the message "Out of time", then the trader should give you 50% of the value of the items in cash.

7 hours ago, Drofic said:

As we are playing against a real time clock (although accelerated) why should gear laying in the middle of a field magically disappear at the end of a raid and not be left laying there for others coming later to find.

Why should then loot crates ever be refilled? Why would any PMC be revived after the death? Why would you have to extract in one or two hours?

It is a game, and they designed it in a certain way, which is not trivial to change (and would also feel like betrayal with community). Technical issues and space for glitches and exploits if you add more complexity by refeeding items is just enormous, and what for? To make insurance useless? Sorry but I cannot give my voice for this, there are too many things that they have planned already that are better than this.

Hey that's fine chap, there are some points I don't agree with you on, as a programmer myself I realise some of the complexities of writing a game, its a forum where here to discuss what we think/like/disllike about the game, no worries.

6 hours ago, alex8xela said:

I say that there should be unique missions where you play as a scav who is trying to return the insurance items that he collected to the trader that has employed him. You would spawn in with a random gearset to defend yourself and a random set of loot which you cannot discard, as this would be the insurance items which you are trying to safely transport to the trader.

So you would have to transport items from A to B. You would press TAB, look at current tasks and you would see the information of where you need to go to. In this message there might be helpful tips from the trader. e.g.
"Avoid the east bridge", or
"Walk up to the checkpoint with your hands raised - I have told the UN guards to let you through without any hassle"
( That one could become 'interesting' )

These things work in a singleplayer game, but in a multiplayer game players would just camp the locations in which you do these special missions and kill you as you come in. It's already like that with the apartments office, the car with the grenade case inside the trunk, the dead scav machine shop... the reason I suggest a basic / simple task like "bring 3 cans of food" is you can do that without having to go to specific, heavily populated areas on the map, and if someone else has looted it's not an automatic loss and waste of your time.

The more specific an idea is, the easier it is for one mistake / RNG to screw you over.

7 hours ago, Smok_91 said:

i dont like this part.

objectives are good but as a additional activity, not a coercion

It's more like the other way around.

A scav is supposed to gather resources to support themselves and their family, not fight PMCs and farm shotguns. This is really how the game mode should be, so it's fundamentally different from how PMCs work.

On 9/2/2017 at 10:47 PM, Peek-A-Boo said:

easy thing to do is to make extraction for the scavs in the spawn area of pmcs hehe 

I forgot to reply to this, but that actually means that camping PMC spawns is now twice as effective, because not only can you kill PMCs in the starting area, you can kill Scavs coming for the exits. On customs, that also creates an issue in that camping the middle ravine / bridge area becomes an end-all strategy.

11 hours ago, Sushi said:

These things work in a singleplayer game, but in a multiplayer game players would just camp the locations in which you do these special missions and kill you as you come in. It's already like that with the apartments office, the car with the grenade case inside the trunk, the dead scav machine shop... the reason I suggest a basic / simple task like "bring 3 cans of food" is you can do that without having to go to specific, heavily populated areas on the map, and if someone else has looted it's not an automatic loss and waste of your time.

There will always be camping in this game, and some would say that it is a fine strategy, and that if you carelessly walk around corners then what can you expect for not being cautious. Surely people would camp extraction points (if they were the same every time) if they wanted to take the Scav mode objective items, regardless of whether or not they were expensive weapons that someone had supposedly insured. When they add more changes to scav spawns and extraction sites, I feel like this will become less of an issue.

I never said that it should be that your path is through heavily populated areas of the map, but that it would be very likely that you would encounter other scav groups or checkpoint patrols. So you might also encounter other players - that's the point of this being a multiplayer game, you can't predict the difficulty of your opponents!

Anyway, if the matchmaker put you into a game with other player scavs with their own objectives, (or even PMC's with their own objectives) then those players would be less likely to try and ruin someone else's mission when they have their own task to complete.