Sushi

Scav Mode Objectives

On 9/16/2017 at 6:02 AM, alex8xela said:

There will always be camping in this game, and some would say that it is a fine strategy, and that if you carelessly walk around corners then what can you expect for not being cautious. Surely people would camp extraction points (if they were the same every time) if they wanted to take the Scav mode objective items, regardless of whether or not they were expensive weapons that someone had supposedly insured. When they add more changes to scav spawns and extraction sites, I feel like this will become less of an issue.

I never said that it should be that your path is through heavily populated areas of the map, but that it would be very likely that you would encounter other scav groups or checkpoint patrols. So you might also encounter other players - that's the point of this being a multiplayer game, you can't predict the difficulty of your opponents!

Anyway, if the matchmaker put you into a game with other player scavs with their own objectives, (or even PMC's with their own objectives) then those players would be less likely to try and ruin someone else's mission when they have their own task to complete.

At the end of the day though, this doesn't offer that much variety to gameplay while still making insurance less effective and more frustrating, because you're still picking up guns in places where players die (which are the spots where you have good loot... see where it gets circular?)

At that point, I think the effort is better put into something else. Like this new quest system is looking pretty promising, something along the lines of what we see there.

very smart and interesting idea. i like it a lot. and also builds upon the lore of the world and establishes narrative.

definitely good idea for future implementation. goes in line with having different scav factions too. maybe some scav factions have different objectives.

also, about scavs in general, they are just patroling all the time, they should sometimes rest or sit down and take shelter sometimes. the scav house near the escape zone in woods, they are just circling outside, why not have moments where they retire inside and maybe sit down near the fire?

9 hours ago, johncage213 said:

also, about scavs in general, they are just patroling all the time, they should sometimes rest or sit down and take shelter sometimes. the scav house near the escape zone in woods, they are just circling outside, why not have moments where they retire inside and maybe sit down near the fire?

On 09/15/2017 at 9:23 AM, necuja said:
  • Added new R&R waypoints for bots and alternative patrol routes

Pulled from the most recent patch notes, friend.