Sign in to follow this  
Slick007uk

Building Construction Sounds Question

Hiya Devs and all

Just a question about sound changing from the outdoor environment straight to the indoor building:

It seems that when I walk between in and out of the doorway of a building, there is a extreme change of sound that is just not quite right.

here is a Video example: http://plays.tv/video/59ad7fbf83945e45a6/extreme-weather-changing

I've also done a drawing diagram too of the situation within this forum (sorry poor diagram, I am noob)..

Tell me what you think everyone, or am I being too picky? :D

Sound.jpg

The soundscape is generally inaccurate in variety of areas. It's difficult to tell the distance of shots from you when you hear a fight going on. Sometimes shots sound literally 10 metres away but they are 70-80m away. I've also noticed that when I'm in a warehouse on customs for example and there is a firefight not too far away (I think) but still elsewhere, the shots to me appear booming and confined like they are right there in the warehouse with you. But they are not.

i really think that as sound is pretty much everything in this game the devs should make a first class soundscape a top priority. (Along with all the 25 thousand other suggestions and poo people are bitching on about of course)

there is a couple of sound glitches at the moment so you have to be wary of them, like sometimes footsteps are too loud then you can't hear any, or the sounds f shots sounding like there right next to you but they are not (always startles me). Seams like sound is still a work in progress and have to remember its beta so they are still fine tuning how things work.