TarkovEscaper

Your suggestions

1 minute ago, Ajacklee4 said:

You don't pull back the hammer on an M4 or AR variant. You pull the charging handle, which pulls the bolt back, which in turn rides over the hammer, cocking it. Also, they are already working on what you suggested.

Ahh charging handle that's the name of it, sorry didn't know what it was called

13 minutes ago, Xindi said:

Ahh charging handle that's the name of it, sorry didn't know what it was called

No problem :)

I myself would love to see an actual DMR in the game at some point, the SKS was never really meant to function as a Marksman rifle so while I can see it being used as a budget DMR an actual DMR would be amazing.

For example I'm pretty sure the Dragunov SVD will be at some point or another be added into the game, hopefully in two or three different variants:

The classic one of course would likely be the most common. Options would include 5 or 10 SVD Magazines holding 7,62x54mmR, fixed wooden stock with a wooden foregrip, specially designed PSO-1 Scope made especially for the SVD.

svd-sm.jpg

Other variant would be the SVD-M, the modernised Military variant with a folding stock

1486290376.jpg

And lastly the Bullpup version of the SVD of which two versions exist, the standard Semi-auto SVU and Ots-03A with the "A" variant having a slect fire full automatic mode at 650 RPM. I know magazine options were often standard 10 round magazines but I do know that while rare 15 and 20 round magazines were also made.

svu_800x.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The scar platform of firearms would be a good fit imo, I don't see why usecs wouldn't use them if they already run ar platforms 

300px-United_States_Navy_SEALs_121.jpg

• Upvote 1

It would be cool if there was a way to fold/retract foldable and retractable stocks, making weapons less spacious in your inventory. Also making the recoil control less stable when using guns with folded/retracted stocks.

On 8/17/2017 at 9:58 PM, KhandE said:

ZJnX1hq.jpg

jrLBhkf.jpg

ixgee0P.jpg

You were saying?

And yes, these are police issue export models in the US that were band sawed in half for a better look, It was done by someone with the pseudonym "Meplat" that I happen to know personally.

Please tell him his first hand experience with the issue is "BS".

I was just going to say that the Germans who were issued the damn thing seem to think that the melting issue is a deal-breaker.  Their decision to get rid of the G36 was pretty well publicized.  Then again, AR-18-derived weapons don't usually work  out that well, with Japan's Type 89 being an exception.  Hell, Eugene Stoner himself said that in hindsight, he didn't think the AR-18 was that good. 

9 hours ago, YT45 said:

I was just going to say that the Germans who were issued the damn thing seem to think that the melting issue is a deal-breaker.  Their decision to get rid of the G36 was pretty well publicized.  Then again, AR-18-derived weapons don't usually work  out that well, with Japan's Type 89 being an exception.  Hell, Eugene Stoner himself said that in hindsight, he didn't think the AR-18 was that good. 

That's the funny part, people think Armalite came out with the AR-18 as some great successor to the AR-15.

In reality, it was actually originally intended to be marketed to poorer countries who couldn't actually afford AR-15s.

Edited by KhandE

I think adding more American themed weapons (Scar etc) would fit well with the lore, but also some foreign weapons such as the G36K etc would fit in with the PMC standpoint of the game as PMC's tend to it all be from the same area/country 

• Upvote 1

I highly suggest bringing back the EXPS3  into the game. 

The XPS3 is cool and all, but it is a 1/1 co-witness optic, and when running a PEQ box on the top rail of an M4, it obscures about 30/40% of the sight picture. 

The EXPS3 however is a lower 1/3rd co-witness optic, so it sits higher and can clear the PEQ boxes. 

and of course, there is the 553 that is also a 1/3rd co-witness, but the view model isn't the same as the XPS3 in game, and it is also a dated optic that is currently phasing out of use, being replaced by the EXPS3. 

I currently run EXPS3s and EXPS2s on most of my real world rifles, including for my job (overseas private security contractor) and find them much more relevant to the real world depiction this game is trying to have. 

Great game so far, and loving what you guys are doing, but I'd LOVE to have the EXPS3 back in the game. It would make my experience significantly better, as well for anyone using the Eotechs w/ top mounted PEQ boxes. 

• Upvote 1

I'm assuming the reason for what we have now is due to similar balistics? AK 74 - M4 So does that mean when we get the AK 47 we get either the SOCOM M14 or the SCAR H? As far as sniper rifles go...keep the super high powered rifles out since to match them in reality means no amount of body armor will matter. I don't want tons of guns because then it takes away from the whole point of Tarkov, fighting to survive. Modding them is one thing but no crazy paint styles like Black Ops either. Lets keep it unique, its why I bought it.

21 hours ago, BlackPlague said:

I'm assuming the reason for what we have now is due to similar balistics? AK 74 - M4 So does that mean when we get the AK 47 we get either the SOCOM M14 or the SCAR H? As far as sniper rifles go...keep the super high powered rifles out since to match them in reality means no amount of body armor will matter. I don't want tons of guns because then it takes away from the whole point of Tarkov, fighting to survive. Modding them is one thing but no crazy paint styles like Black Ops either. Lets keep it unique, its why I bought it.

They're adding over 200 guns, so prepare your anus. Also, the AK's 7.62x39mm is not equivalent to a .308. It is more similar to 5.56x45mm or 5.45x39mm when talking about energy.

Some of these have been suggested, but I want to suggest this group as a whole anyways. I think that many more submachineguns should be added, as criminal syndicates use them more often than other forces. These are some  of the more common ones, especially in Europe. 

The Czech VZ.61 in .32ACP or 7.65mm Browning. 

2447-0905427622_v.jpg.4fcf162c5ca8b7ef33a05c18d2631fe6.jpg

The Israeli Micro UZI in 9x19mm.

uzi-micro2.jpg.9434eb3e3fda9d1c37f068d3a3606589.jpg

The Ingram MAC-11 in .380ACP and the MAC-10 in .45ACP.

Replica_MAC11.thumb.jpg.828aa269ae3d2df91f74535d883eda5d.jpg

The Intratec TEC-9 in 9x19mm.

b832e5951e4ee9350d677393a60ba48e.jpg.c91ad85e9c1172fa70b0505b847056a5.jpg

The Czech VZ.26 in 7.62x25mm.

b_7019.thumb.jpg.e959efc6704352397c1026827553cfbf.jpg

And lastly the Polish PM-63 in 9x18mm.

018.thumb.jpg.2248b62979b081a85d2db013eb29998a.jpg

Edited by Ajacklee4
  • Upvote 3

I think they need to add more down to earth and plausible weapons to be in a eastern european hellscape.

Double barreled hunting shotguns, over-under shotguns.

CZ hunting rifles, mosin family.

Combloc AKM's.

Vz family of rifles.

CZ pistols, 75, 85, 52.

I know they are planning on implementing some of those, but I think they are worth mentioning. I think this game lakes firepower that is relatively cheap and hits hard. Mosin and AKM could be the key to closing the gap for new players or individuals who prioritize damage and economy over rate of fire and perfect accuracy. It also makes perfect sense since most of these weapons are overly abundant in the region and are more likely to be sold cheaply (i.e. an AKM for 50$ in botswanna). I think if they add anything it should be cheap, reliable (in terms of killing power) no frills weapons with none or few attachments.

Who wouldn't want to destroy a player fully decked out in armor with an m4 and all the goodies with a brigade of cheeki breeki's armed with an 80+ rifle. 

Its not fun to get the jump on someone who can outshoot your sks with an m4 through sheer rate of fire alone after being shot 5 times. 

This would stop the majority of players afraid to take gear out, reduce whining and winging about not being able to succeed and produce an all around more fun game. 

A couple ideas,  I'd like to make a booby trap/trip wire attached to a grenade, maybe someway to attach the silver chain to a grenade and set a tripwire or trap a filing cabinet or such so when a player opens it it goes off. Claymore type device would also be nice. And if you could throw knives/ your tomahawk that would be pretty sweet I think. This would add some excitement I think but that's just my two cents.

• Upvote 1

Calico M950, PPSH, and the PP-19 Bizon would compete with high capacity rifle magazines

3101721_01_calico_m950_liberty_pistol_w_5_640.jpg.ebc8d7e7ee0b1a87277f306636774135.jpgmaxresdefault.thumb.jpg.d6a660f5d8e7df45c8297aa8c53c3b7a.jpgppshld7ez4.jpg.c25a52a5c5b5a647bf9f648eb98d8244.jpg

PP-2000, TMP/MP9, CZ 61, and the Mac 11 would make good machine pistols to compete with the Kedr

9aea2cbe81edd711fe0ae2eaed76ac2d---acp-machine-guns.jpg.478594a6ac4e4bf38c519f677030ab4d.jpg

pOcbKVi.thumb.jpg.c0d13b253186e1f5cb1497464a620581.jpg

mac-11-submachine-gun-3d-model-obj-fbx-blend.png.9e657e90438219836b5ebc1f8e538b4b.png

26a322b88cfd84d0e8e4a6e9c3a9232f--fantasy-weapons-concept-weapons.jpg.4fbc90bcc8c026aacd7f80cc241a5460.jpg

• Upvote 2

You want a suggestion? Add in a freaking dump pouch. 

That is all. A dump pouch plux 

So tired of playing Tetris sim 2017 

A dump pouch plux 

Plux 

Plux

• Upvote 2