TarkovEscaper

Your suggestions

1 minute ago, Europoor said:

The lovely M1 Carbine 

The king of bakelite Korobov Designs (Stolen from museums)

WWII_M1_Carbine.jpg

tumblr_m609g1UOeO1qios8eo1_500.jpg

I would genuinely question how the hell an M1 would get into Russia in the first place. I mean yeah, Russia has loads of WWII artifacts, but very little of it is American, even fewer so .30-06 rifles.

But hey, it's cool as hell, so +1

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, colourfultoasters said:

The amazing LaRue OBR 5.56 for us Canadians lovers :~)

OBR-556_Profile_small.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ain't LaRue a Texan company? The Colt C7, however, is most definitely a Canadian rifle.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Patfast said:

I would genuinely question how the hell an M1 would get into Russia in the first place. I mean yeah, Russia has loads of WWII artifacts, but very little of it is American, even fewer so .30-06 rifles.

But hey, it's cool as hell, so +1

Remember the lend-lease program from 2nd World War? And sorry, but i am really jack about these things. The M1 is not .30-06. It uses .30 Carbine cartridges, which is even harder to obtain, so I stand your point.

3 hours ago, Patfast said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but ain't LaRue a Texan company? The Colt C7, however, is most definitely a Canadian rifle.

I was under the assumption that it was a more Canadian rifle.

1 minute ago, Europoor said:

Remember the lend-lease program from 2nd World War? And sorry, but i am really jack about these things. The M1 is not .30-06. It uses .30 Carbine cartridges, which is even harder to obtain, so I stand your point.

Ah, forgive me, I thought you were referencing the Garand, not the Carbine. Garand is cooler tho cuz it goes ping :P

Edited by Patfast

Just now, Patfast said:

Ah, forgive me, I thought you were referencing the Garand, not the Carbine. Garand is cooler tho cuz it does ping :P

And for that, the .30-06 is a really common hunting caliber worldwide, so ammo wound not be considered as a problem.

And hopefully the last one from me: Any kind of infantry flamethrower. Very easy to make. Very useful in urban terrain. Very dangerous to yourself. Very small ammo capacity. Very much fun

• Upvote 1

How about a PSS silent pistol? They were used by secret police, and had a really nice double action, (commonly called a "Reaction Action" due to the only backwards force being from the cartridge itself.) along with a great internal suppressor! It would obviously be extremely rare, and would be great for silent operations! It would be great to see it make an appearance! Cartridge is a 7.62×42mm necked round SP-4. Its just a favorite of mine haha.

ПСС (пистолет).jpg

Edited by Colton Long

9 minutes ago, Europoor said:

And hopefully the last one from me: Any kind of infantry flamethrower. Very easy to make. Very useful in urban terrain. Very dangerous to yourself. Very small ammo capacity. Very much fun

The classic duct taped aerosol + zippo. Me gusta.

Just now, Patfast said:

The classic duct taped aerosol + zippo. Me gusta.

That is really much cqb distance (3 meters max) 

Think about a big supersoaker filled with petrol (10-15 meters)

or if you spend more time on it... 

Please, when doing animations for reloads include both "reload from empty," and "topoff," animations.  I'll be very excited to see if you look for animations of experienced users (for example, most users with any experience won't remove their dominant hand from the firing grip to perform a reload).

Going to be providing realistic transitioning to secondary? Please, make it faster than reloading your primary.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, trooper1 said:

pretty sure this is in the gameplay trailer

Nope, the only AK variant we've seen so far is the 74N. No 12, sorry.

2 hours ago, Patfast said:

It'd seem rather redundant having the RFB and RDB in the same game, given that they have the same tactical role. But hey, the RFB was in Contract Wars, so it's almost certain it'll be in this game.

Ones in .308 and the other is 5.56 so it would not be very redundant.

Just now, creepyweeper said:

Ones in .308 and the other is 5.56 so it would not be very redundant.

Right but they're both semi-auto rifles meant for CQC. It'd be like including the Glock-17 and the Glock-43 in the same game, when functionally they're identical.

4 minutes ago, Patfast said:

Right but they're both semi-auto rifles meant for CQC. It'd be like including the Glock-17 and the Glock-43 in the same game, when functionally they're identical.

The RFB is more of a battle rifle and I don't see why there shouldn't be multiple calibers of the same weapon in the game.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Patfast said:

Barrel length plays an essential role in grouping and accuracy for firearms, as well as calibre: 7.62/51 vs 5.56/45? so that actually makes no sense. the glock 43 isn't useful for longer than 50 meters, i've shot them, wouldn't bother shooting that far with them. the glock 17 however with non cheap ammo will do 80-100 with skill. 'functionally' its the same as a USP, or 1911, or sig saur. to each his own.

I think I read they planned an AR variant in Beowulf. that round is .50, but only requires a new upper(takes 2 seconds to change), it uses a standard 5.56 bolt and other essentials for simplicity (the rear of the Beowulf cartridge is the same as .223/5.56) I think calibre conversions will be possible with the right rifles.

• Upvote 3

*wanted to edit but isn't featured yet*

To Patfast : Plus Bullpup rifles aren't 'Meant' for CQC they are the obvious evolution of an infantry rifle, the way they are designed allows for longer barrels, significantly increasing accuracy over carbines. but with a shorter more manoeuvrable frame, same rifle no need for a lengthened butt stock that just adds weight and increases length. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Riflemen526 said:

Speaking of glorious bullpups...

CIMG1230skSmallk.JPG.5c9a7e962b027567920

OF GLORIOUS BULLPUP DESIGN

But what's a Chinese gun doing in Russia?

• Upvote 2

Well china  - Russo relationships are good as well as they make an export model that takes standard stanag mags (m4/16-hk416-even g36 and sa58 models take stanag if in 5.56with the right conversion) I'll repost something I mentioned on another forum:  "Yes The QBZ-97 is available here in Canada called a Norinco T97 - for about 1300 CAD they are well loved by the guys who own them, a Canadian company has even upgraded them quite a bit : http://t97.ca/  with upper and lower replacements. I also vote on the Sa58, I have one in 7.62/39 and I love it! "

-aswell as I believe the QBU-88 is included in the previous Lore, which is a great Chinese built rifle; Wikipedia link

Edited by serp403
  • Upvote 1