Lucyd

How do you guys deal with the new scavs?

So, maybe some of you noticed that the bots recently got patched again and I don't know how you feel about this but since then literally 80% of my deaths are from scavs. I went offline factory to test it out and once they lock on to me and I walk around a corner, bäm instant headshot from 10-20 meters away. Sneaking up upon them doesn't always work aswell anymore which is completly fine but I even checked via shadowplay how they fire while they're looking in one direction but turn a milisecond afterwards and kill you. How do you guys deal with them? I honestly don't even bring out gear anymore after getting straigh up 360 noscoped through a forklift, walls etc.

Maybe I'll upload a collection of shadowplay vids later on

yeah, this happened to me on shoreline at gas station, was in the hills scav near bins/barrels on the left looking towards the back of the gas station, i go to approach him to get a better shot turns around and starts shooting at me, luckily i killed him, tagged my legs up pretty bad, best way to deal with them is to make sure your wearing paca, land your shots on target quickly and anticipate them 180ing like that.  

1 hour ago, Lucyd said:

So, maybe some of you noticed that the bots recently got patched again and I don't know how you feel about this but since then literally 80% of my deaths are from scavs. I went offline factory to test it out and once they lock on to me and I walk around a corner, bäm instant headshot from 10-20 meters away. Sneaking up upon them doesn't always work aswell anymore which is completly fine but I even checked via shadowplay how they fire while they're looking in one direction but turn a milisecond afterwards and kill you. How do you guys deal with them? I honestly don't even bring out gear anymore after getting straigh up 360 noscoped through a forklift, walls etc.

Maybe I'll upload a collection of shadowplay vids later on

Depending on your level or your level with the traders just run a setup with a little range on it along with rolling in a squad. Besides factory do to close quarters and maybe dorms in customs, most scav AI can be gunned downed far enough away that your out of their range. If you have to go close quarters then pack a grenade or two to throw around corners or behind buildings to flush them out of their corner spots.

Also always run a suppressor, it gives you an extra second or two at range before they even turn towards you  

Edited by Hdspoolin

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Hdspoolin:

Depending on your level or your level with the traders just run a setup with a little range on it along with rolling in a squad. Besides factory do to close quarters and maybe dorms in customs, most scav AI can be gunned downed far enough away that your out of their range. If you have to go close quarters then pack a grenade or two to throw around corners or behind buildings to flush them out of their corner spots.

I love shotgun factory runs tho but I don't want to take my full modded saigas in there because without a helmet I'm dead to scavs.
The one that 180 tapped me was on customs at the forklift behind the shortcut, even on woods I got one tapped by a pistol scav inside the exit shack from 20 metres away.

7 minutes ago, Lucyd said:

I love shotgun factory runs tho but I don't want to take my full modded saigas in there because without a helmet I'm dead to scavs.
The one that 180 tapped me was on customs at the forklift behind the shortcut, even on woods I got one tapped by a pistol scav inside the exit shack from 20 metres away.

Could just be bad luck.... Make sure to hit up the clan section on the forums and try out some clans, running in a squad is so much better than solo, if you die to s scav your team can ditch your gear and you will get it back via insurance. Just browse the clan page and sit in on some discord sessions to find a good fit. I am a member of Tarkov Players United, stop by our discord sometime and see if it fits you, either way having a battle buddy is the best way and way more fun.

Idk, they are apparently changing the AI so much, I barely notice differences. I've only ever noticed their awareness go down, mostly snipers don't really shoot unless you're close even when they see you far away. Most AI seem to miss occasionally but when they hit you, they always land a head shot which is ridiculous, even when you're out in the open dodging their shots they tend to fire a few shots that miss, then insta lock onto your head unlike a real player. At long range they aren't a problem at all, but in CQB they seem very odd in their aiming. Scavs should just aim for the body and limbs, why would an untrained bandit be able to land consistent head shots under pressure anyway.

The secret is to wait untill they stop yelling russian at you or just leave them when they are I call this aimbot mode and they will headshot you if you go infront of them or behind them however if you sprint pass them they miss everytime cause every shot affixes on your head.

I like the overall difficulty of the ai. But some of the lock on 180 headshots after missing your initial bullet need some work. I like that we have to fear ai as much as a player, ATM I got factory on easy farming level, which kinda takes the fun out of it.. the rain on the other maps being as loud as it is made me only play factory this past week and ai is really easy to predict there..

Also, nuke with f-1 grenades do wonders... if they don't bug out and instakill you from 20 meters away

On 06/09/2017 at 10:48 PM, TheStrykerZ said:

I get 360 noscoped.

So he was looking at you the whole time?

Or did he unnecessarily do a full spin for no reason?