Sickle < scabbard slot

Ballistic knife

Compound bow

Crossbow

Flamethrower

Rpg

Mini gun

Lmg's

I've also heard of some country developing a type of high powered laser weapon that can burn the skin similar to what you'd call a railgun I guess.

Just a few classes of guns/bows I could think of maybe some of these be worth tons for the rich players a minigun would be amazing and a nice risk.

Railgun isn't laser. Laser projects a beam, railgun uses magnets to propel a solid metal slug to great speed. I believe Tarkov devs intend the game to be kept at relatively low tech level so I'm not sure these have a place (though there was a futuristic weapon in STALKER) 

Well, minigun isn't really a something you carry around and shoot. It's a mounted weapon and is usually seen on vehicles and I think that's beyond the scope of Tarkov. We'll be getting LMGs, and I am sure there will be much wailing about OP & plz nurf when we do.

Bows and crossbows are problematic, they would need lots of animation work and I don't really see them being too viable in the game as it is now. Their biggest appeal is silence and the possibility to reuse or get ammunition cheaply. This isn't really an issue at the moment, but I would find bows useful if the game were to focus on hardcore survival with very limited resources.

I'm not against RPGs, we'll see how the underbarrel grenade launchers work (see my LMG comment above for probable first reactions). Problem is, it's an anti-tank weapon, so it's not really useful if we don't have anything to shoot it with. Blowing up walls could be fun, not sure if it's planned, but I'm guessing no. The game engine would need a big rework to make it work.

For flamethrowers, they're no fun without being able to actually set things on fire, and I'm not sure if the engine is able to handle that.

• Upvote 1

Reason why I posted these cause they could be a rub,dollar,euro sink if they are lost and there are some real life miniguns with like 3 barrels that rotate that weigh about as much as 20 to 30 pounds probably not as big of one as you were thinking. Edit found one called the XM556.

As for bows I believe some scavs should be using them because the faction itself are "scavengers" and must find something. Tbh some bows today are deadlier than pistols and arn't cheap especially arrows.. lol but yea that cost could be a sacrifice for stealth.

Flamethrower couldn't be much harder to impliment than a shotgun similar mechanics probably leaves aoe fire where it hits and can cause burns which would probably need a different medication to heal if survived and have you watched fpsrussia shoot a flamethrower it probably went atleast 20 foot so that'd be more than half the way in on the top floor of factory office down the hall.

The laser gun I was talking about appearntly uses some kind of microwave technology so yea if that was in the game it would need alot of parts to build that are really rare.

Edited by deathopz

24 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Railgun isn't laser. Laser projects a beam, railgun uses magnets to propel a solid metal slug to great speed. I believe Tarkov devs intend the game to be kept at relatively low tech level so I'm not sure these have a place (though there was a futuristic weapon in STALKER) 

Well, minigun isn't really a something you carry around and shoot. It's a mounted weapon and is usually seen on vehicles and I think that's beyond the scope of Tarkov. We'll be getting LMGs, and I am sure there will be much wailing about OP & plz nurf when we do.

Bows and crossbows are problematic, they would need lots of animation work and I don't really see them being too viable in the game as it is now. Their biggest appeal is silence and the possibility to reuse or get ammunition cheaply. This isn't really an issue at the moment, but I would find bows useful if the game were to focus on hardcore survival with very limited resources.

I'm not against RPGs, we'll see how the underbarrel grenade launchers work (see my LMG comment above for probable first reactions). Problem is, it's an anti-tank weapon, so it's not really useful if we don't have anything to shoot it with. Blowing up walls could be fun, not sure if it's planned, but I'm guessing no. The game engine would need a big rework to make it work.

For flamethrowers, they're no fun without being able to actually set things on fire, and I'm not sure if the engine is able to handle that.

there are RPG frag rockets designated for killing infantry

30 minutes ago, deathopz said:

Flamethrower couldn't be much harder to impliment than a shotgun similar mechanics probably leaves aoe fire where it hits and can cause burns which would probably need a different medication to heal if survived and have you watched fpsrussia shoot a flamethrower it probably went atleast 20 foot so that'd be more than half the way in on the top floor of factory office down the hall.

I believe some simple implementation would be possible, we have fire damage on Shoreline, so the dev's would probably be able to cobble something together.

Implementing it in a satisfactory way, however, (say, Far Cry 2 starting forest fires for the win) is something else.

22 minutes ago, pimba224 said:

there are RPG frag rockets designated for killing infantry

Yep. But the main purpose of the weapon is anti-armor. Lugging it around to shoot frags seems redundant when we have regular grenades, I think a M79 would be a more sensible choice.

Personally, I am also worried about grenade spam in general. As it is, the game's fine, but we'll see once we get underbarrel launchers.

Ballistic knife could be interesting, and opens up a whole opportunity for throwing knives, maybe in the scabbard slot and allowing for 3-4 throws/ shots before it was empty

i know which minigun you're talking about but I'm not sure how viable it would be (OP) unless the weight made you confined to walking to counter the fire rate/damage potential 

flamethrowers.. just no :') imagine factory with flamethrowers 

11 hours ago, Otaku2549 said:

Grenade Launcher is the most plausible one

underbarrel GL is coming next patch

23 minutes ago, pimba224 said:

underbarrel GL is coming next patch

owh, I haven't really read it all. I'm busy trying to collect money for new PC :D