Ghostwalker

Taunt glitch or intended "feature"

Playing factory and some random player taunted and my guy responded automatically to it and gave away my position. Is this intended or just another glitch someone is abusing? If it is intended I think it needs to be removed or changed to where I have to actively respond or taunt back. It does no good sneaking around if all anyone has to do is spam the taunts and know exactly where everyone is. 

Are you a USEC? USEC automatically taunt back to scavs or Bears yelling at them sometimes, Bears however don't, they taunt when they kill someone in some cases, and when throwing grenades. That's basically the only difference between factions at the moment.

the taunts in the game is terrible i don't get why anyone would response to a taunt, second i don't get why the bears are giving hints regarding the grenades they throw.

Why is this a thing? Sound is a very important aspect to this game and from what it seems like bears will always have the upper hand.

2 hours ago, THALL said:

Are you a USEC? USEC automatically taunt back to scavs or Bears yelling at them sometimes, Bears however don't, they taunt when they kill someone in some cases, and when throwing grenades. That's basically the only difference between factions at the moment.

Not thrilled with this... Hopefully, it may become something one can toggle on or off, as you prefer.  As others have said, the idea that your character MUST respond to dialog from an opponent, which can help reveal their location(s), just doesn't seem to fit.

AtV2

43 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Why is this a thing? Sound is a very important aspect to this game and from what it seems like bears will always have the upper hand.

Depends on the situation, for example if you are a Bear in a populated area and you kill someone, you may taunt automatically allowing everyone to know where you are. It is a weird system, however I've never had any bad situations occur because of the taunt mechanic in 200+ raids.

8 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

Is this intended or just another glitch someone is abusing?

This is intended as a way of dealing with campers.

Yeah i find this feature kind of stupid honestly the BEAR taunting is much more useful than not making noise when you throw a grenade its not like it makes a noise when you pull the pin or anything :/ I honestly think it should be the same for both or accually give something more useful to the USEC.

what do you think about a counter-taunt.. as in holding your nerves/not getting emotional.. meaning.. if you hear someone try to taunt, you have a second or two to press a button to "hold your nerves" by default, your PMC would taunt back... this is like telling yourself.. come down buddy, dont be an idiot and dont yell back at the suka blach.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, njdaemon said:

what do you think about a counter-taunt.. as in holding your nerves/not getting emotional.. meaning.. if you hear someone try to taunt, you have a second or two to press a button to "hold your nerves" by default, your PMC would taunt back... this is like telling yourself.. come down buddy, dont be an idiot and dont yell back at the suka blach.

I would be ok with this as long as there was a time limit on how many times i would have to press a button. Otherwise i would be so distracted trying not to counter-taunt that what would be the point?

If you look at BEAR skills, you will see that they have skill most probably for that:

1tjarHt.png

That is why they are able to get taunts back, and improving this skill might also lead to greater self-control and ability to throw grenade without taunt. But also might not, I don't know what they plan with this skill.

It is something that makes playing with one faction different experience than playing with another. If you like to camp, then be BEAR. But then, USEC can throw preventive grenade at you and you won't hear it coming :)