Colonel Twerkins

The Cheater Battle Wages On!

On 9/8/2017 at 5:11 PM, Deadpool420 said:

Every ban wave should have the names listed so we can have some closure when it comes to getting killed by a hacker

The answer to that:

On 9/8/2017 at 7:57 AM, Woodsen_Moosen said:

The names of those banned are not released publicly. This is meant to be a continued effort to prevent future hacks/cheats so that those that run or develop the hacks/cheats cannot see which of their unfortunate and integrity-violating consumers was caught.

• Upvote 2

A friend that have the game told me he saw lot of cheaters.

This is one of the main reasons why i don´t buy the game.

I hope that in the last stage of the Beta, DEVS add a good system.

Cheaters could kill a game.

The servers are absolutely rife with cheats tonight...

People flying through walls, people who are invincible (or have almost infinite HP).  They literally just troll you by shooting your legs and there's nothing you can do about it.

Absolute nightmare.

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2017 at 2:57 PM, Woodsen_Moosen said:

The names of those banned are not released publicly. This is meant to be a continued effort to prevent future hacks/cheats so that those that run or develop the hacks/cheats cannot see which of their unfortunate and integrity-violating consumers was caught.

Well,  thats not true.

Theyr consumers simply can crawl back on theyr little retarded pirate site and complain to theyr "master" that they got banned, so what you said make no sense.

35 minutes ago, .Motorola. said:

Well,  thats not true.

Theyr consumers simply can crawl back on theyr little retarded pirate site and complain to theyr "master" that they got banned, so what you said make no sense.

While it is no secret that they can go back to their source for the cheat and inform them that the got banned, there is no point in Battlestate Games putting the information out there themselves for the sources to see. As I said, it is a continued EFFORT. In no means did I say it was a sure-fire solution.

The anti-cheat isn't happening fast enough or well enough.

Almost every game has some sort of "Flying Man" or someone who's invincible.

I've been on and off all day and it's a serious problem.  I've even had one spawn everyone in front of him while he shoots us with an AK!!!

I played shoreline earlier and someone flew up into the sky and started shooting us with a scoped rifle.

No nicknames? probably not even close to 400 players got banned...
This is just like soviet propaganda and divulged economic statistics, pulling numbers from nowhere. There's still people flying out there.

How can i report a cheater? Yesterday me and my 2 Friends were killed by a Flying Hacker. I made a Video of it, where you can see him for a short time moving in the air. Lost my helmet, SV-98, MP5 and a modded AK to that loser.

6 hours ago, Oddbaw said:

ì

I've been on and off all day and it's a serious problem.  I've even had one spawn everyone in front of him while he shoots us with an AK!!!

lol, thats sick.

I have been thinking that maybe a better solution (i think has been sugested earlier) could be to put all cheaters on same servers and don't ban them.

Pros:

They can't be 100% sure if they have been busted, and you can "study" them to see how they behave (to bust them earlier) and new cheats they use -against other cheaters-.

Cons:

You have to spend servers for them.

Not sure if worthy but you could run some tests and if it does not work just use the ban hammer :P .

Edited by JFRR
  • Upvote 1

Well, think i got my first encounter with a cheater in factory after ban. First nade, he didnt die. Shot him couple of times with my shotgun, he run. Nothing special, but... I manage to flank him and come from behind. 3 shots, he moves and lay down. I shot him 2 more times while he is lying down, he just turns and shoot me. Shot him in the legs the last times. Got his nick, but since we cant report thats not gonna help.. In total, he survived 1 shot, then nade, then 3 shots in the back and 2 shots in the legs lying down. He didnt have helmet or fort armor. Dont belive this was desync, he reacted to my action as you would expect, just didnt die...  O.o

Edited by Eqlibrium

BSG:

Maybe explore hashing all your code, then change the hash every week.  I've heard this has worked well in other games.  Not sure what sort of limitations there are when it comes to Unity.

On 10.09.2017 at 1:10 AM, Colonel Twerkins said:

The answer to that:

20 hours ago, JFRR said:

I have been thinking that maybe a better solution (i think has been sugested earlier) could be to put all cheaters on same servers and don't ban them.

Pros:

They can't be 100% sure if they have been busted, and you can "study" them to see how they behave (to bust them earlier) and new cheats they use -against other cheaters-.

Cons:

You have to spend servers for them.

Not sure if worthy but you could run some tests and if it does not work just use the ban hammer :P .

The game is still Beta, so there is nothing to stress;)

men-hit-with-ban-down-road_48.gif

• Upvote 1

Cheaters every other game, i dont know who youre banning exactly, just add a proper anti-cheat, invest some money into and kill the probler from the root up.

I'm really hoping for some sort of replay feature, that would allow players to see the situation from the eyes of the player that they got killed by and if it is a cheater the ability to report them.

At least they said  at gamescom, that they are maybe adding a report function in the feature.

The Anti-Cheat team are working constantly on the algorithm for their independent Anti-Cheat system and I fully understand the process whilst we are still in the Closed Beta stage.

The Cheaters / Hackers are reviewed on a one to one basis before a group BAN wave is implemented and its time consuming.

Understandably those who have spent long hours grinding away to improve their stashes, weapons and levels are when a HACKER / CHEAT with no skill sets one shots them, get very frustrated and start to lose interest.

I have noted how the player base has reduced considerably and less and less members are visiting the forums for information.

The report system needs to be implemented sooner rather than later with the facility to upload written / video evidence with as much important information as possible even if it’s just to compile a member report list to be reviewed at a later date.

Then a least the Hardcore members who have stood by the Developers and Battle State Games can vent their frustrations by submitting a report.

I also understand there will be those who submit malicious reports, they can be weeded out by the Anti-Cheat team and binned.  

Please stop using the excuse its DESYNC those of us who have gamed for longer than they care to remember know instinctively when a HACKER / CHEAT is on the server and DESYNC does not cause a group of 5 players to be shot and killed one after the other in less than 5-10 seconds.

Edited by JAGUAR1950

Maybe I am lucky but I play EFT almost everyday for several hours and I never have issues with hackers, out of maybe 200 raids I have only seen one ....