Sign in to follow this  
HeroicHand

Lone Wolf for karma system

I don't know how the karma system will work completely but I have heard about it , and I was thinking that adding a lone wolf class or making it so that your usec or bear can choose to go in as lone wolf so that you are 1 vs all and will not get punished for shooting other lone wolfs / usec and bear, since that would defeat the purpose of the lone wolf. it could be that when you as a usec pic lone wolf you would get a different color to your clothes so people know you are a lone wolf and they can kill you. 

• Upvote 1

I would rather that there is no karma system tho since it just don't seem realistic. and if there was a karma system, then let's say you are just playing around very well geared and you see some dude from the same faction, and you think that he is friendly and after some time he decides that the punishment is worth your gear. bam you are now dead.  I'm trying to think of some idea that would make sense but I will have to sleep on that a little. 

How will this karma system be implemented? What is someone shoots you first, misses, and then you return fire and kill...will you get bad karma for this? Can see this being hard to balance.

karma for scavs alone could be easy in concept - if you kill another scav you get bad karma, making scavs hostile if you spend a certain amount of time in their vicinity. same goes will killing human scavs, there must be a 1 and 0 for scav kill or not, the karma then changes post game

for usecs and bears like pointed out if they see you have better gear, the risk is probably worth the chance, but everyone (including myself) is pretty wary of any other player and we're all turning each other into KOS'ers

On 9/9/2017 at 9:14 PM, feexfire said:

I would rather that there is no karma system tho since it just don't seem realistic.

If you work for the same PMC company, odds are you're not going to shoot each other in the back over some mediocre piece of gear. If that's the case then there's no point in making players choose a side. I personally like the idea of punishing people who shoot players that are apart of the same faction (yes, that includes Scavs.).

I think it may wark as 'your characters luck'. If you are making good doings traders or other NPCs will have better relationships with you. Also maybe karme will have some influence on wedging of your weapon (and other bad things), your illnesses, chance to broke leg and die. Idk what will karma be like at the final stage but my vercion seems like very probable. 

On 9/9/2017 at 8:14 PM, feexfire said:

I would rather that there is no karma system tho since it just don't seem realistic.

Don't worry, it seems like they've really just sort of given up on the whole 'realism' thing in favor of 'game logic/ balance' so it's not something to consider anymore. Karma was one, the 'game' pricing of weapons they're talking about now where it's no longer based on real prices but on DPS or user popularity, the RPG mechanics that're effectively "eat smaller bullets to gain a resistance to bigger bullets!", along with a response you're hearing more often of "nah, it's just a game" means I wouldn't really have any high hopes about the whole 'realism' aspect. EFT will end up being more realistic than most FPS games, sure, but that's not exactly a high bar, and a far cry from any sort of milsim or 'simulation'.

Edited by TechoverMana