Sign in to follow this  
PeterM

Why we can't reveal cheaters?

I only have one question. If we have video evidence to prove about a cheater, why we are not allowed to share it here and let everyone know his name? Then we could see if he is in the lobby and let us decide, do we want to keep or gear or not. I don't care about that they will be banned or not. I want to ruin their game as much they ruin ours. If nobody joins the server while he is on the list, he can't play against us. Simple like that.

Edited by PeterM

It's because witchhunting in general is not allowed. Why? Because it's the internet. Things start slowly and then we're at Real-life death threats through IP-Fishing and so on. Just stay cool and trust the Tarkov-Team.

Greetz,

Viking

On 2017. 09. 10. at 1:40 AM, VikingSkjald said:

It's because witchhunting in general is not allowed. Why? Because it's the internet. Things start slowly and then we're at Real-life death threats through IP-Fishing and so on. Just stay cool and trust the Tarkov-Team.

Greetz,

Viking

:D:D:D I still can find the cheater, because I see his name when he kills me. That's not a reason. There are websites where cheaters can be listed, like the banned players on VAC-BAN.com. Even their inventory value listed. And they are not hunted. :D

The reason video proof and name dropping isn't allowed is because BSG would prefer to utilize their Anti Cheat system, which from the recent 400+ ban wave, it's apparent it works (despite complaints heard through the forums). Not to mention that sometimes you will see someone utilizing the "flying" hack or some such cheat, but get killed by someone else. You then attempt to crucify this user that kiled you, just because you saw someone else hacking.

There is also the issue of desync, and people would inevitably claim "hacker" because they died due to DeSync.

Bottom line is that even though it takes time, the Anti Cheat works. A report system would just end up flooded with more false reports than legitimate ones.

There also is no current reporting system for alleged hacking, because in-game names are not tied to forum names.

As far as listing those that HAVE been banned, as far as I know BSG does not release those to the public to attempt to prevent the developers of the hacks of those that were banned to catch wind that their hack or cheat was exposed.

Granted, the consumer of said hack or cheat can run back and tell them they got banned, but not all do. It is by no means, a means to an end, but an effort to prevent those ethic-less hack developers from catching wind that their hack has been exposed.

16 hours ago, Woodsen_Moosen said:

Not to mention that sometimes you will see someone utilizing the "flying" hack or some such cheat, but get killed by someone else. You then attempt to crucify this user that kiled you, just because you saw someone else hacking.

Yes, this is a valid point. I'm not agree with the cheat system since there is no any as we see, but your are right, I agree with you.