Kedzie

Can Scavs see through bushes?

A similar question was already posted but never answered. Does AI recognize obstructions like grass, trees, shrubbery, etc.? They sometimes seem to shoot as if foliage did not appear to them. 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully a dev will answer but I think its like this:

They can not see if you are completely blocked by foliage but if one leaf is missing they have a chance to see you.  Thats how I think it works since they were nerfed.  In some earlier patches I have seen scavs tracking players through walls.

Yes they can. They said they fixed the perception of the AI but it seems not working 100%. i was in so many situations where i dont see the scavs but they see me and shooting (like bullseye ofc).
the weirdest thing that appen to me was in factory in the bathrooms. both doors were closed and no one was with me in there. then i hear a scav talking (above or underneath me idk - sound is weird sometimes too), some shots fired and ofc they hit me till death.

I know its a beta. but getting killed trough walls sucks especially when you lose all your stuff! that was the point where i decide to wait with playing till the next patch.

Edited by frnz