Sign in to follow this  
Ciraaxx

Customs

As I understand, people love the customs map.

My questions is: Why?

It's a terrible funnel map that's basically one big chokepoint. Unless you're MLG golden god gaming you're not going to make it through there alive. I've gotten to the end maybe 3 times out of 30 (WITH FACTORY KEY). Unlike maps like Coastline, where I've gotten out 40 times out of 50. 

So, are there plans to make Customs less of a funnel map, or do I just ignore Customs forever and run Coastline 24/7?

If you have factory key and you struggle to get through customs then there is something wrong with you.

• Upvote 3

Might be that not every map is for everyone. I guess it kinda sucks when there's only four to choose from. Myself, I don't see the appeal of Factory at all.

But to answer the original why?

Because of loot, my good man. You can get plenty of rare and coveted stuff. I've ran Woods to death and there is some stuff that doesn't really spawn there at all. I've yet to see an SKS stock, I've yet to see an m4 folding stock, no doc. case, no wallets, etc. etc. Customs has plenty of keys and excellent loot locations, not to mention you are pretty much guaranteed to get into a fight which I imagine some people think to be the point of the game.

I kinda agree about your funnel complaint (it's more of an hourglass, though) as I am not a fan of such extreme chokepoints on principle.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mockingbird said:

Because of loot, my good man. You can get plenty of rare and coveted stuff.

^exactly this. You don't even have enough slots to extract all the goodies from customs. If you want ez money then go customs. Besides that I really like the map over all. 

Edited by VikingSkjald
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ciraaxx said:

As I understand, people love the customs map.

My questions is: Why?

It's a terrible funnel map that's basically one big chokepoint. Unless you're MLG golden god gaming you're not going to make it through there alive. I've gotten to the end maybe 3 times out of 30 (WITH FACTORY KEY). Unlike maps like Coastline, where I've gotten out 40 times out of 50. 

So, are there plans to make Customs less of a funnel map, or do I just ignore Customs forever and run Coastline 24/7?

When you on the main screen of the game, it's says BETA. Means, it is not finished yet. If you read some topics related with the future of the game, you will be less worried about the "funnel". :) Just play the game and give the devs as much data as possible to work with. You will lose everything in a few weeks anyway, do not worry about your deaths. Your K/D is 1 anyway, nobody knows you are not an MLG Pro. ;)

Customs and Factory are the only 2 maps that I really play.  Factory is the only map of its kind at the moment so thats pretty self explanatory.  

The reason I enjoy customs is because of the 3 outdoor maps it is the only one that works around the unity engines grass draw distance limitation.  Woods needs to be reworked in my opinion to make up for this engine deficiency.  They need to either add thicker trees, more hilly terrain, or even some sort of fog to make up for the massive difference in draw distance and sight distance.  Shoreline is pretty good but still has parts where you are looking out at nothing and players think they are hidden in vegetation but are not.  

If your not geared for customs let the geared players race to the finish.  Have them clear the scavs and each other and follow behind them.  You might even get lucky and pick one off in the apartments if they are not watching their back.  Ive gotten my best gear coming up in the rear to the many dead bodies left behind.  Often player scavs and geared players trade kill via bleed out.  Found one guy with 2 ak74s dead in the barbed wire by the one exit.  He was so close.  

On 9/10/2017 at 9:19 AM, Aintence said:

If you have factory key and you struggle to get through customs then there is something wrong with you.

What he said!!!!

Customs is the easiest map for me, multiple extractions and most times you make it past the gas station by shortcut door all the AI scavs have already been victims of scav on scav violence... Poor little AI scavs 

I guess the key in customs is to take the wall exit before the petrol station  that is Scav infested, that way you can get to the bunker extract by the cranes and factory , or if you are feeling CHEEKI move on to the petrol station extract.