Name: SKS
Type: semi-automatic carbine
Country of origin: USSR/Russia
Produced: 1945(9) - 1950+
Variants: SKS, ОП СКС, МР-163 (ОП – СКС), another variants with external magazines.
Caliber: 7.62x39
Action:  short gas piston
Feed system: internal 10rds magazine (clip or manual loading), external box magazines in some variants
Customization: Muzzle devices, gas block, rear sight, magazine, mounts and rails for attachments. Another modules in some variants.

SKS (Simonov semi-automatic carbine) pretty popular weapon around the globe, because of its cheap price and simplicity.
Despite its honorable age and because of wide spectre of improvements it can effectively compete with modern weapons of its class.

Special thanks to:

@Sam_ for providing assistance and information.

GckkcfGG18M.jpg

NzqNYqE3RHQ.jpg

• Upvote 16

I'm pretty sure that will be an option considering that the other weapons so far has great customization options. Also, the Contract Wars SKS had a 30 round mag.

SKS.jpg

Edited by iFunkyNL
Deleted Racial Quote - iFunkyNL

Just now, knifejaw said:

I'm pretty sure that will be an option considering that the other weapons so far has great customization options. Also, the Contract Wars SKS had a 30 round mag.

SKS.jpg

30 rounder doesn't work as well since the bipod is rendered unusable. Seriously, look how short that damn bipod is lmfao.

Just now, Patfast said:

30 rounder doesn't work as well since the bipod is rendered unusable. Seriously, look how short that damn bipod is lmfao.

lmao I never noticed that. You can't use it in game anyway :P

While the tacticooler model would be neat, the classic wood stock is just so damn sexy, hopefully more wood stocks will be available, thanks for the new weapons, keep up the good work!

2 minutes ago, knifejaw said:

lmao I never noticed that. You can't use it in game anyway :P

Yeah I know, but that's a concern with all AK style weapons irl, the damn mags are too big to run a bipod. In fact back when the Russian army introduced the AKM, soldiers were instructed to hold the gun sideways if they ever needed to use it while prone. Fun fact of the day.

Edited by Patfast
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Europoor said:

Grab SKS, go outta Tarkov!

Now where iz bjutiful bayonet comrades? Also will stripper clips be included? :) 

Well the render shows the clips, soooo I'm assuming that'd be a yes.

Underbarrel bayonets seem fairly arbitrary to be honest. Like yeah it makes your weapon look pretty badass but it also:

A) extends the total length of your weapon, making it less useful in CQB (especially important in EFT)

B) makes the weapon heavier (not by a ton but it also makes mounting a suppressor difficult/impossible)

C) sacrifices the underbarrel slot which could've been used for a grenade launcher/shotgun/grip/LAM/maybeaflamethroweridk

But it definitely does look nice on old guns so I'll give you that.

Edited by Patfast

Alec please just staph, some old ass soviet weaponry is okay, no need to modernize everything, a NOICE ppsh-41 or a mosin nagant would be awesome to have in the game too.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, ivantherussian said:

Alec please just staph, some old ass soviet weaponry is okay, no need to modernize everything, a NOICE ppsh-41 or a mosin nagant would be awesome to have in the game too.

Genius, notice how I specifically said "don't include the Tapco furniture"? I'm referring to the stock and stuff lmao (Tapco really is cancer irl. RIP my Nagant)

Ah, the SKS... how I love the overall look of that weapon. Simply gorgeous, especially with the stripper clip.

Agreed, but considering the fact that you can already completely 'refurnish' AK's, I doubt that they won't offer the option to modernize the SKS. To each his own I guess.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Davik_Heragon said:

Ah, the SKS... how I love the overall look of that weapon. Simply gorgeous, especially with the stripper clip.

Agreed, but considering the fact that you can already completely refurnish AKs, I doubt that they wouldn't offer the option to modernize the SKS. 

Noooononono, not the furniture. Just the magazine. I promise you Tapco is testicular cancer.

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Patfast said:

Noooononono, not the furniture. Just the magazine. I promise you Tapco is testicular cancer.

My bad then. I thought you were talking about the furniture of the BF SKS which is a bit ugly in my honest opinion.

What is so bad about the Tapco?

EDIT: I was only pointing towards including the furniture. The magazines are fine in my opinion.

Edited by Davik_Heragon

9 minutes ago, Davik_Heragon said:

What is so bad about the Tapco?

They use this ridiculously crappy plastic for all their furniture that breaks if you look at it the wrong way. Their stocks will literally snap in half if you drop them from 2 feet off the ground, their magazines will break if you try loading them too fast, my Tapco handguard that I was originally gonna use for my .300 AR build actually melted after I magdumped with it, and worst of all they have no refund policy, as far as I'm aware. Literally the firearms equivalent of Apple products.

13 minutes ago, Patfast said:

They use this ridiculously crappy plastic for all their furniture that breaks if you look at it the wrong way. Their stocks will literally snap in half if you drop them from 2 feet off the ground, their magazines will break if you try loading them too fast, my Tapco handguard that I was originally gonna use for my .300 AR build actually melted after I magdumped with it, and worst of all they have no refund policy, as far as I'm aware. Literally the firearms equivalent of Apple products.

I see. Sounds like an awful lot of fun.

5 minutes ago, Davik_Heragon said:

I see. Sounds like an awful lot of fun.

Oh yes, most definitely. Especially considering that their selling point is "100% American made!". My god, the irony is palpable...wait, is that irony?

Edited by Patfast
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patfast said:

Genius, notice how I specifically said "don't include the Tapco furniture"? I'm referring to the stock and stuff lmao (Tapco really is cancer irl. RIP my Nagant)

Okay baby. Sorry. Love ya. (Super homo). Jk.

I would love to be a scav with an sks.

4 minutes ago, Sascomander said:

Oh come on it looks cool. It could be worse.

It could be this.

http://peter-gronquist.deviantart.com/art/gucci-peacock-sks-87673009 Click at your own risk

I know but painting an SKS chrome is the definition of irony. Chrome represents wealth, the SKS represents a cheap, affordable rifle for the people.

Also, no offense to any Czechoslovakians out there, but what is up with those dudes' uniforms? Sky blue? Why?

Edited by Patfast

1 minute ago, Patfast said:

I know but SKS painting an SKS chrome is the definition of irony. Chrome represents wealth, the SKS represents a cheap, affordable rifle for the people.

Also, no offense to any Czechoslovakians out there, but what is up with those dudes' uniforms? Sky blue? Why?

FtE1V0Y.png

• Upvote 7

Yeah no to tapco furniture and i'd rather stick to the original instead of the tacticool crap. Same to AKs would rather stick the original Soviet furniture and even modern Russian ones. Since the SKS will be an Tarkov then I would expect the AKM as well.