Hey, random question but do all SKS's come with Bayonets? Like, are they manufactured and sold all with Bayonets? 

Some guy on reddit is saying the SKS you've shown should have a bayonet because they all do.  I tried to explain that most first previews of weapons only show the stock weapon without modifications.  

I compared the SV-98 without a scope from their preview of it.

He argue's it's not a modication, it comes stock on the weapon right from manufacturing.  Looking for some clarification from either one of the devs (Since they have extensive background with firearms) or someone else who might know for sure :)

5 hours ago, Patfast said:

I know but painting an SKS chrome is the definition of irony. Chrome represents wealth, the SKS represents a cheap, affordable rifle for the people.

Also, no offense to any Czechoslovakians out there, but what is up with those dudes' uniforms? Sky blue? Why?

-Czechoslovakia does not exist anymore
-Parade uniform

2 minutes ago, Kiba_Stream said:

Description added

Nice work on the weapon

tumblr_o4ijvpCuvv1v50nwvo1_500.gif

And judging by the modifications list we won't have to worry about any tacticool tapco stocks. Will we get the chinese one with the AK magazine?

17 minutes ago, Kiba_Stream said:

Description added

"а также иные варианты с магазинным питанием" what does this mean?

35 минут назад, Europoor сказал:

another variants with external magazines

37 минут назад, Europoor сказал:

"also other magazine oriented variants"

16 hours ago, Patfast said:

30 rounder doesn't work as well since the bipod is rendered unusable. Seriously, look how short that damn bipod is lmfao.

For prone firing, yes, but for other purposes, it works. If you place it on a low wall or something, the bipod is still very functional...not to mention they can be adjustable.

9 hours ago, Drakkaar said:

Hey, random question but do all SKS's come with Bayonets? Like, are they manufactured and sold all with Bayonets? 

Some guy on reddit is saying the SKS you've shown should have a bayonet because they all do.  I tried to explain that most first previews of weapons only show the stock weapon without modifications.  

I compared the SV-98 without a scope from their preview of it.

He argue's it's not a modication, it comes stock on the weapon right from manufacturing.  Looking for some clarification from either one of the devs (Since they have extensive background with firearms) or someone else who might know for sure :)

Lolno. If that were the case then they couldn't be imported to the US.

Wartime ones did have bayos but after WW2 they stopped to cut costs.

On 4/27/2016 at 11:48 AM, Patfast said:

Lolno. If that were the case then they couldn't be imported to the US.

Wartime ones did have bayos but after WW2 they stopped to cut costs.

So the guy is talking out his ass xD

Edited by Drakkaar
typo

19 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

ducking please

#1: DMR is not term in soviet doctrine, get the duck out with that poo
#2: SKS was never meant to be DMR rifle, even in western sense
#3: Insurgency SKS is cancer, I'm glad they're going with basic variant as option.

1, It fills the function of a mid to long range rifle 99% of the time. Call it what you want.

2, what the hell is a semi automatic rifle made for then ? CQC ?

3, you're one salty lad.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Jorick said:

1, It fills the function of a mid to long range rifle 99% of the time. Call it what you want.

2, what the hell is a semi automatic rifle made for then ? CQC ?

3, you're one salty lad.

1. "long range"

you're aware that the 7,62x39 drops like a rock after 300m? that was one of the motivating factors of the switch to 5,45x39... please learn some history. Battlefield isn't a source

2. It was development before Soviets realized that AK could fulfill the role of an infantry rifle as well as a submachine gun and then got deprecated. Originally the SKS was supposed to replace the mosin/SVT-40 and the AK was supposed to replace the PPSh. But then they realised that the AK was just as effective as the SKS at range, so SKS got BTFO.

Edited by trotskygrad
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

1. "long range"

you're aware that the 7,62x39 drops like a rock after 300m? that was one of the motivating factors of the switch to 5,45x39... please learn some history. Battlefield isn't a source

2. It in development before Soviets realized that AK could fulfill the role of an infantry rifle as well as a submachine gun and then got deprecated. Originally the SKS was supposed to replace the mosin/SVT-40 and the AK was supposed to replace the PPSh. But then they realised that the AK was just as effective as the SKS at range, so SKS got BTFO.

I perfectly know the 7.62 is thick and heavy as hell, I just said it COULD be used like a DMR between 200 and 300 meters. Guess your definition of long range is beyond 500+ meters, but whatever. What I'm saying is the SVT and mosin weren't used for close range at all, and so shouldn't be the SKS. It's common sense.

12 minutes ago, Jorick said:

I perfectly know the 7.62 is thick and heavy as hell, I just said it COULD be used like a DMR between 200 and 300 meters. Guess your definition of long range is beyond 500+ meters, but whatever. What I'm saying is the SVT and mosin weren't used for close range at all, and so shouldn't be the SKS. It's common sense.

the Mosin was used in closer to medium range all the time in WWII not saying that was there purpose bust they were used in that way

Just now, thedarkgoblin said:

the Mosin was used in closer to medium range all the time in WWII not saying that was there purpose bust they were used in that way

With bayonets, yes, for the raw recruits sent as canon fodder. But the gun shined and still shines as a sniper rifle, even thought it's completely distanced by the newer rifles.

4 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

that's not a SKS. Are you blind?

Whoops those are vz 52s. I was looking for a good picture of the Chrome Chinese sks and that picture showed up.

3 hours ago, Jorick said:

the literal definition of a DMR is to engage targets outside of the effective range of the squad's other weapons. Given that they are in the same caliber and that the AK achieves almost parity in accuracy within 200-300 meters, the SKS cannot be a DMR for a squad by definition, as it does not fulfill the purpose of a DMR. end ex.

Edited by trotskygrad
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

the stripper clip is in the original 2 images. Not sure if blind, retarded, or sarcastic

Only blind, but this was already answered yesterday, thx for pointing out.

16 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

1. "long range"

2. It was development before Soviets realized that AK could fulfill the role of an infantry rifle as well as a submachine gun and then got deprecated. Originally the SKS was supposed to replace the mosin/SVT-40 and the AK was supposed to replace the PPSh. But then they realised that the AK was just as effective as the SKS at range, so SKS got BTFO.

7.62x39 is certainly not a "long range" cartridge but personally I think people often underestimate how far out the cartridge is usable. "Dropping like a rock" is dealt with if someone learns their holdovers at various ranges, it's also largely negated by scopes with 7.62x39 specific BDC's. If a shooter can overcome the drop you can make that round connect out just about 600 meters, that still doesn't make it a DMR(commonly accepted to require at least a range of 800 meters) but it means that round can shoot a hell of a lot further than people give it credit for as long as the shooter does their part.

Does that mean it's better than the 5.45 or invalidate any reasoning the Soviets had for switching to the 5.45? Of course not, the 5.45 is still easier to use at longer ranges and can reach out farther before going subsonic(and subsequently losing reliable accuracy). But sometimes I think 7.62x39 is in this weird position in the shooter world where is it both overrated and underrated for the wrong reasons. And yeah, I personally love the cartridge.

I also want to point out that I totally agree with what you're saying about DMR's. The SKS is definitely not one, the SVD was the soviet version of what people consider a DMR today, which of course uses a full sized cartridge.

Edited by Jagdwyre

On 4/26/2016 at 3:00 PM, TarkovEscaper said:

Name: SKS
Type: semi-automatic carbine
Country of origin: USSR/Russia
Produced: 1945(9) - 1950+
Variants: SKS, ОП СКС, МР-163 (ОП – СКС), another variants with external magazines.
Caliber: 7.62x39
Action:  short gas piston
Feed system: internal 10rds magazine (clip or manual loading), external box magazines in some variants
Customization: Muzzle devices, gas block, rear sight, magazine, mounts and rails for attachments. Another modules in some variants.

SKS (Simonov semi-automatic carbine) pretty popular weapon around the globe, because of its cheap price and simplicity.
Despite its honorable age and because of wide spectre of improvements it can effectively compete with modern weapons of its class.

GckkcfGG18M.jpg

NzqNYqE3RHQ.jpg

It looks good I just really don't think it belongs...

59 minutes ago, -Yukon- said:

It looks good I just really don't think it belongs...

Uh, why? Because it doesn't have black polymer furniture?

• Upvote 2

10 часов назад, vicwiz007 сказал:

Does this mean there will be multiple sks variants because it says some sks models can use external mags

Yes. Military grade original SKS from long-term storage warehouses, two civilian market versions called OP SKS from different manufacturers, and variant with external mags feed system.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Jagdwyre said:

That's probably not it, since you can snag an AK with wood funriture. If I had to bet money, it's probably just cause it's an older gun, and since it's the PMCs that players will generally be playing as, it seems useless to have a non standard weapon available. To negate that arguement: Scavs.

To Tarkov! :cannedmilk:

22 hours ago, Jagdwyre said:

No, because it's nearly century old.