3 hours ago, Aidan_crowder said:

Does anybody know if we will have sniper scopes for the sks?

(optics) With the right optic mount you can put on anything on it. You just need a mount with picattiny rails, and any kind of optic.

В 26.05.2016 в 23:47, CZelednikov сказал:

I hope that folding bayonet will be included

No

В 13.06.2016 в 18:04, Aidan_crowder сказал:

Europoor is right

В 13.06.2016 в 17:04, Aidan_crowder сказал:

I think it will be in EFT. PU scope is also used in Mosin and SVT-40... But it will be better to use Weather-Picatinny rail instead of basic scope to place ACOG for example...

14 hours ago, Shpot said:

I think it will be in EFT. PU scope is also used in Mosin and SVT-40... But it will be better to use Weather-Picatinny rail instead of basic scope to place ACOG for example...

*Weaver rail :)

lol

1 минуту назад, Europoor сказал:

*Weaver rail :)

Sorry

Edited by Shpot
  • Upvote 1

In russia it's called "Стандартная планка для обвеса" or just "Планка Вивера" (Standart rail for attachments / "Viver's" rail)

В 12.07.2016 в 21:22, Hitman_Actual сказал:

I'm hoping to see something close to my SKS build I did last summer.

IMAG1456.jpg

Yep. Nice kit btw

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2016 at 3:16 AM, Kiba_Stream said:

Yep. Nice kit btw

it's just a cheapy tapco stock.  Magpul buttstock and for grip.  I threaded the barrel and added a muzzle brake. P-rail and scope. I think the scope cost more then the entire rifle did. Bought it back in 1984

I don't think you understand.

That's a Tapco-converted SKS. It uses Tapco magazines.

862913.jpg

An SKS has to be designed specifically for AK mags, like the Norinco SKS-D.

31 minutes ago, Sushi said:

I don't think you understand.

That's a Tapco-converted SKS. It uses Tapco magazines.

862913.jpg

An SKS has to be designed specifically for AK mags, like the Norinco SKS-D.

Also need to correct myself here: Conversions do exist, but they're kinda clunky, external magazine wells and your bolt doesn't lock back when empty. You can use a Yugo SKS magazine in an SKS-D to lock the bolt open when empty, but none of the conversions do it without modification IIRC.

SKS is a real beauty. I had the pleasure of shooting a family member's SKS. I really liked the SKS. I will have to buy one, one day. Now, I can't wait to get one in game. I will have to remember to not misplace the stripper clip, while trying to escape Tarkov, though. ;) I lose my keys three times a day, so that will be a big challenge. ¬¬

Edited by MishaJames

ok read through an nobody has stated the obvious and to my american friends this should be basic import gun 101 .

the SKS has an internal 10 round mag with a hinged floor plate. there are sks with detachable mags OR have had "duckbill" mag conversions like that from tapco.

the version capable of taking AK type magazines is called *drumroll please* the SKK. this is the true detach factory designation.

versions have been made specifically with side rail mounts which accepted early PU type optics.

Shooting wise they go from tack drivers to can't hit the side of a barn with most being somewhat in between. my own 20" barrel norinco version was rather rough on the outside metal work included and took weeks to get all the cosmoline grease out but during service rifle matches,and even while under pressure shooting for points in original form was capable of 25mm groupings with 125gr wolf FMJ ammo. however after 300m it's really a guessing game, yes it can hit further ( its round is lethal even after 1.5km +) but achieving realistic accuracy past 1-500m tops is the questionable especially without optics.

On 7/12/2016 at 10:22 AM, Hitman_Actual said:

I'm hoping to see something close to my SKS build I did last summer.

IMAG1413.jpg

13230098_10204545184669767_5663800650471565064_n.jpg

IMAG1414.jpg

IMAG1416.jpg

IMAG1456.jpg

12746593_1242818692401576_1718366850_n.jpg

LOL that first picture would get you in a serious amount of trouble in California.

Super sweet SKS tho. Could never get anything like that here.

1 hour ago, Tarkov_Fan_6969 said:

LOL that first picture would get you in a serious amount of trouble in California.

Super sweet SKS tho. Could never get anything like that here.

California and its gun law's are ridiculous. bullet buttons, fix mags, 10 round limits and who knows what else. But it is a very nice SKS

lol thanks guys, but you know where I live and where these pics were taken.....CA lol I know the law's here suck but I also have a residence/house in Arizona.