11 minutes ago, o0Cosmo0o said:

There is a suppressor for the SKS in game?

I can't find it.

skier sells it

Hello, I play on 2.49.223

I can't put scope on my OP-SKS W.s.

No modding place to put the mount OPSKS DT...

Where I was wrong ?

2017-07-20[13-27] (0).png

5 minutes ago, chacalex34 said:

Hello, I play on 2.49.223

I can't put scope on my OP-SKS W.s.

No modding place to put the mount OPSKS DT...

Where I was wrong ?

2017-07-20[13-27] (0).png

You need the OP-SKS which comes with the Dovetail SKS mount. But I think even if you find the OP-SKS stock, you can't buy the mount separately.

Thks ZeToxic, but...

I've already the Dovetail SKS mount, just if you know tell me if I must replace OP-SKS W.s. by another one with another Woody OP-SKS with a location for Dovetail ?

Or maybe switch something before another to do it ?

@chacalex34 I have dovetail mount and SKS and same problem :)

As far as I know, in current version of game you cannot put mount on standard SKS, you need to buy hunting version of SKS which comes with mount.

yes I think you right PotatoWarriah : my SKS is version Assault rifle. I must find the hunter version to do it.

Yeah, it seems a bit broken right now because these two SKS's have the excact same parts and body, but only one of them can actually accept the DT mount and PSO.

2017-08-22[19-51] (0).png

Quick question about feeding, is the internal magazine described in the OP functional in the game, are there any other mags for the SKS out there, or are we stuck with the fugly polymer plastic things?

On 8/26/2017 at 7:30 PM, A1EXAD said:

How do you attach sights to the front like red dots etc?

Skier sells a socom rail for SKS at level 3.

I see Skier has a suppressor, but how would I mount it?  I don't see a threaded barrel, or other attachment.  Does it need any additional mods to attach the suppressor?

Iron sights on the SKS could use an update. I don't have a problem with the sights being small, but the weapon sway and recoil makes the rifle feel like it's floating. The rifle bobs up and down and the receiver covers the sights. It's like my character's check and shoulder are made out of pudding and the rifle is just kinda there. With a mounted optic the rife is good to go, those iron sights are just a little weird.

When are the devs going to fix the reload animation for the duckbill mag?! It is so completely wrong. By the logic of the reload, the SKS in game should be bolt action. You have to HOLD the bolt carrier back, you can't just pull it back and "it'll magically stay that way". 

Not to mention, the aiming down iron sights is also wrong. In game, when aiming down the iron sights, you can't see any of the top of the receiver cover. In real life, you CAN see a portion of the receiver cover. This too straight angle in game makes using iron sights on the SKS unreasonable and difficult to use, when in real  life, it's not at all like that, and simpple to get on target. 

Source: I own 7 SKS' . What I really want though is to see the reload with duckbill mags with rounds still in magazine fixed. For a game that the developers pride themselves on realism of weapons and function, this is unacceptable. 

As for the pictures I uploaded : The first pic is how it looks in EfT. Not correct at all. The second is how it looks in real life looking down the sights of your SKS. You can still see the top of the receiver cover. I also have a video explaining how the reload animation for the SKS is wrong and needs to be corrected. I made a thread in the questions and suggestions forum, to no avail. As I said earlier, a game that prides itself on accurate weapon function and handling shouldn't have a problem this big.

file1.jpeg

file.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 4/26/2016 at 12:00 PM, TarkovEscaper said:

Name: SKS
Type: semi-automatic carbine
Country of origin: USSR/Russia
Produced: 1945(9) - 1950+
Variants: SKS, ОП СКС, МР-163 (ОП – СКС), another variants with external magazines.
Caliber: 7.62x39
Action:  short gas piston
Feed system: internal 10rds magazine (clip or manual loading), external box magazines in some variants
Customization: Muzzle devices, gas block, rear sight, magazine, mounts and rails for attachments. Another modules in some variants.

SKS (Simonov semi-automatic carbine) pretty popular weapon around the globe, because of its cheap price and simplicity.
Despite its honorable age and because of wide spectre of improvements it can effectively compete with modern weapons of its class.

Special thanks to:

@Sam_ for providing assistance and information.

GckkcfGG18M.jpg

NzqNYqE3RHQ.jpg

Why in the game there are two types of SKS's? Because the one you buy from Skier is a different type of SKS than what you get from the Scavs which the scav's SKS you can put scopes on it with a dovetail mount. Because nothing is said on this and did 20 minutes of my own testing to figure out they are called two different things.