ExtraMana

Scav Human vs AI Detection

Is it deliberately that it's completely ambigious who is a Scav AI and who is a Scav player in Scav mode?

If I shoot a Scav they all come after me, if I don't I get shot in the back by a human player. 

Player Scavs always spawn with a flashlight on their weapons, that's how you can tell the difference. (If you're smart, when you spawn take the flashlight off and pocket it, then you just have to pretend to be a scav (another tip, scav AI doesn't loot bodies, so if you loot a body and a player sees you do it, he'll know you're a player and probably try to kill you for that sweet Makarov you took off some poor PMC.).

Player on Player killing doesn't trigger the Scav AI to shoot you, that's why all Scav Players kill the other players. However, I'm hoping they add the rule to Scav Players that if you go around shooting other Scav players, the AI will targe you.

5 hours ago, Droopysilentdj said:

Player Scavs always spawn with a flashlight on their weapons, that's how you can tell the difference. (If you're smart, when you spawn take the flashlight off and pocket it, then you just have to pretend to be a scav (another tip, scav AI doesn't loot bodies, so if you loot a body and a player sees you do it, he'll know you're a player and probably try to kill you for that sweet Makarov you took off some poor PMC.).

Player on Player killing doesn't trigger the Scav AI to shoot you, that's why all Scav Players kill the other players. However, I'm hoping they add the rule to Scav Players that if you go around shooting other Scav players, the AI will targe you.

"Player Scavs always spawn with a flashlight on their weapons, that's how you can tell the difference. (If you're smart, when you spawn take the flashlight off and pocket it, then you just have to pretend to be a scav..."

If you wanted to imitate an "AI Scav" as a Player, I figured you'd have to be careful about looting.  I'd worked that out pretty quickly for myself.

But this other, I hadn't realized it yet. :o

Thanks for the post! :)

AtV2

Any player experienced with the map will know that you are not an AI as soon as they spot you outside any of the tiny areas that the AI spawn in and patrol. So any AI impersonation will only work around other AI scavs.

Also most player scavs will shoot AI scavs on sight anyway, at least from what I've seen.

The easiest way to tell an AI from a player is that they never look up or down, they rotate horizontally like a turret.

I have seen ai scav looking up while target locked on a player. Another tip is: scav ai do not carry extra weapons on there back or holster. Whish they would let ai scav spawn with flashlight and turn it on randomly.