Sign in to follow this  
AshawnXX

FPS drop problems when shot at

since the start of the beta as soon as someone shoots at you,the fps drops to 20-30 fps max,this is a major problem because the AI can one tap you while your PC freezes..... 

CPU intel i5 4690k 4,5Ghz

Gigaybte G1  GTX 970

16Gb Ram

game is on an 7200rpm HD (alone)

playing at medium 1080p without hdr ssao and vsync

• Upvote 1

Seems like the memory leak issue, but i doubt it because i'm pretty sure they fixed that a while ago. it's random because i have a very similar system to your and i have never had any fps drops. I guess i'm just lucky. How often does this happen? And have you tried reinstalling on a different drive my friend had issue with his game freezing randomly (not while he gets shot at) and that seemed to help.

I only have memory issues when I start and load into the game via the launcher.

However when I go into EFT via the .exe in the EFT folder, the game is much smoother and I don´t have drops or massive lags.

Got a Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9 GHZ

16 GB Ram at 3200 MHZ

GTX 1060 6 GB

EFT on a SSD

For me it´s a day and night difference between playing via the launcher and directly fro mthe .exe .

devs already know of this problem and are working to solve it.

but your PC is freezing. can be a problem with temperature. download a program called "intel burn test" or some other of your choice and do a stress test on your pc and monitoring the temperature with HWMonitor or another program of your choice.

I have a FX9590 and I have no problems with temperature playing EFT(if you search it will see that my processor is very hot hahahahaha)

@AshawnXX before posting make sure you are posting in the correct area. here is for suggestions.

answered and locked