Abrad0lfLincler

US west servers

Q: Question about West Coast servers (USA).

A: We have servers in LA, but they are standing by... That's not ok—we'll launch them ASAP!

i wonder when they will be up. the desync makes the game literally unplayable and im hopelessly addicted to this game as well :( i paid good money for this game (got edge of darkness) i expect to be able to enjoy it to a degree, and those degrees are 0 as of current :( ill raise a glass to the hope of being able to enjoy the game again soon. 

• Upvote 1

my game ran fine til the patch today. Now the game is unplayable. my frame rate wont get higher than 20. Last night I had 80-100!

Edited by dedchiknrodeo

vor 42 Minuten schrieb khan_artist:

i wonder when they will be up. the desync makes the game literally unplayable and im hopelessly addicted to this game as well :( i paid good money for this game (got edge of darkness) i expect to be able to enjoy it to a degree, and those degrees are 0 as of current :( ill raise a glass to the hope of being able to enjoy the game again soon. 

Just as a Reminder: You paid to be able to test a game currently in the beta status. So yes, its possible you wont enjoy it because of bugs, lags or something else for a period of time. Best way to fix it (especially for yourself) is to look around the forums and, if your problem/bug isnt reported yet, tell the devs whats the problem so they may fix it in the future.

Also, while looking around in the forums, you may find some solutions for common problems. There are hardware tips, network optimizations or simple ingame configs which could help for the moment.

21 hours ago, Big_Joe said:

Just as a Reminder: You paid to be able to test a game currently in the beta status. So yes, its possible you wont enjoy it because of bugs, lags or something else for a period of time. Best way to fix it (especially for yourself) is to look around the forums and, if your problem/bug isnt reported yet, tell the devs whats the problem so they may fix it in the future.

Also, while looking around in the forums, you may find some solutions for common problems. There are hardware tips, network optimizations or simple ingame configs which could help for the moment.

GOOD SIR, thank you for your input. idk if you played the pre-alpha/alpha but it actually ran better then than it does now atleast on the networking side of things(maybe i just got lucky). everything else is fine with me and i also understood what i was getting myself into but networking should be one of the first things to get in order considering it is a multiplayer game or one would think that'd be one of the first aspects to fix if it gets broken which usually is the result of not enough (powerful)servers or server locations to my understanding.

as was stated in the below quote......

On 9/11/2017 at 10:55 PM, Olloch said:
On 8/29/2017 at 6:53 PM, Kleanuppguy said:

Q: Question about West Coast servers (USA).

A: We have servers in LA, but they are standing by... That's not ok—we'll launch them ASAP!

standing by...no word currently when they will be up but hopefully in the next month, that 99% guaranteed will alleviate players lag in the US west granted the servers are up to the task. i will take a harder look around for more info regarding these things but im only worried about lag/desync right now.

Edited by khan_artist

vor 5 Stunden schrieb khan_artist:

GOOD SIR, thank you for your input. idk if you played the pre-alpha/alpha but it actually ran better then than it does now atleast on the networking side of things(maybe i just got lucky).

Yes, i played the alpha. Of course it ran better, there were a very limited amount of players. Now, everybody is able to play in an instant, which was the plan for a beta, kind of a stress test for the servers.

Now they know they need more servers but it seems it takes a while. As a programmer, i know it isnt enough to "just buy more servers" to resolve this kind of problems.

TL;DR: I know its frustrating and the devs may lack a bit of communication but we have to be patient

Edited by Big_Joe

It constantly confuses me on game forums, especially alpha and beta forums, how the devs literally want our feedback but overprotective fanboys jump to defend against anything they perceive as negative.  Changes only happen when people voice their opinion, and any good developer, this one includes, welcomes the feedback.  In other words, someone else's complaints have nothing to do with you so stay out of it.