rloba

Hits to Kill

I just played this beta for the first time in about a year, and am concerned with quite a big problem.

I spawned as a Scav on a PvP Factory game and proceeded to regain my familiarity with the game.  I got a kill on another scav (player or AI unknown).

I then came across a player.  No gear on except a pistol of some sort.  All I had was a Grach; no shotgun.

This player then killed me.  As I got to the end screen after you die, I scrolled down to see that I had hit 22 shots with my pistol.  How is that I hit 22 9mm shots and only kill one person? Even if every shot landed on the legs (I was aiming center mass), would you not die?  I wanted to take a picture, but I was too pissed off to actually think about it. 

the endscreen of the scavs are buggy
sometimes you do nothing and the screen shows 3 kills

Edited by phill10000

The stats are for your scav not you. See it as the scav previous life before you "took" control, once had a pretty beef scav he had around 5 kills according to his stats and 20 something hits (2 of the hits were mine before i met my end to a geared player with m4)

4 hours ago, rloba said:

I just played this beta for the first time in about a year, and am concerned with quite a big problem.

I spawned as a Scav on a PvP Factory game and proceeded to regain my familiarity with the game.  I got a kill on another scav (player or AI unknown).

I then came across a player.  No gear on except a pistol of some sort.  All I had was a Grach; no shotgun.

This player then killed me.  As I got to the end screen after you die, I scrolled down to see that I had hit 22 shots with my pistol.  How is that I hit 22 9mm shots and only kill one person? Even if every shot landed on the legs (I was aiming center mass), would you not die?  I wanted to take a picture, but I was too pissed off to actually think about it. 

As others said, the end screen for scav mode is not accurate at this time. Another thing to remember is there are times where desync will occur that doesn't register damage on the receiving end

On 9/12/2017 at 7:34 PM, rloba said:

No gear on except a pistol of some sort.

If that was a BEAR PMC you could have easily missed him wearing a PACA armor, since it blends well with their black t-shirt.

22 hits means you must have reloaded your pistol, therefore the whole firefight took some time. He could have had multiple medkits hotbarred and used them as he took fire.

Grach is quite a deadly weapon. At close range it takes 2 chest shots to kill an unarmored PMC. I tested it with my friend. Headshots are a 1-hit kill unless they wear a helmet. Helmet soaks a couple of hits, but the 9x19mm ammo eventually punches through.