ghostsnip44

keeping offline mode

can we please keep offline mode when this game goes live I love playing this game but due to health problems. PvP it not playable for me but can manage offline mode so please leave it in when the game goes live

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

They said it will be removed before full release. What kind of health problem doesn't let you play against players, but its ok against AI?

Super confused.

I have problems with my spine which makes me have pain twitches for which have to take pain killers for so tracking thing like live player become a problem where as AI have set path witch gives me a chance of killing them so i can still enjoy playing the game :)

I sort of agree with keeping the offline mode, I switch between a lot of games and usually jump offline just to remind myself of the mechanics and my sensitivity, I know the Devs have said they're getting rid of it but I think it's a useful feature 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LordXMackenzie said:

I sort of agree with keeping the offline mode, I switch between a lot of games and usually jump offline just to remind myself of the mechanics and my sensitivity, I know the Devs have said they're getting rid of it but I think it's a useful feature 

You'll have the Hideout for that

30 minutes ago, ghostsnip44 said:

I have problems with my spine which makes me have pain twitches for which have to take pain killers for so tracking thing like live player become a problem where as AI have set path witch gives me a chance of killing them so i can still enjoy playing the game :)

I see, sorry i thought it was just a lame excuse. But AI patrol patterns, numbers etc will be changed and AI will be unpredictable.

While your situation is understandable, don't get your hopes up too much. While they do care about the customer, they will not go out of their way and change the game to please everyone. They have a vision and are sticking to it.

Offline mode is one of those the things they have repeatedly said has no place in the game, so i do not believe they will back down on their decision.

AI will change as the aim is for them to be as close to human-like in behavior as possible so there is no guarantee that even with offline mode you would benefit from it once the AI gets more advanced.

what about multiple people, i know of a few people that cant play PvP games because they get really bad anxiety and their heart can't handle it when they get into PvP fights.  Dude can't even play easy ones like big team matches or something.  what about a PvE mode,  Maybe that stash could be separate from online or something.  Im just saying the community of people that can't play PvP because of health issues is bigger than 1 or even 20 people.  It is the toxic internet however and its embarassing.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Lightel said:

You'll have the Hideout for that

To run about and figure what spots on maps I can jump off without dying etc? Or to walk about and shoot down range and bits of wood..

I do wish there was a offline mode that you and your friends could go to practice run on the map against scavs for no loot just for practice.

Leaving the current offline modr in the game will encourage people to risk gear when they do go out and not just be hatchet runners or just scav players.

Alot of people on this game have 1000s of hours either on competitive games like cs:go or the tactical shooter arma that has similar mechanics so a practice mode could help get players more comfortable with this game.

I feel that taking out the offline mode would hurt sales and population on the game after release because if a new player can't practice they will get frustrated with the game and turn it off to never come back.

Lastly it costs the devs 0 for leaving the offline mode in because it is ran off your own computer unless the with friends mode becomes a thing.

I know the devs have an image ,but why take a good tool away for new players even the likes of call of duty still have a practice mode with bots.

If it isn't broke don't fix it as I see it.

Ok you may now rip me a new one hardcore players, but your responce would be anti new player positioned.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 14/9/2017 at 4:33 PM, deathopz said:

I do wish there was a offline mode that you and your friends could go to practice run on the map against scavs for no loot just for practice.

Leaving the current offline modr in the game will encourage people to risk gear when they do go out and not just be hatchet runners or just scav players.

Alot of people on this game have 1000s of hours either on competitive games like cs:go or the tactical shooter arma that has similar mechanics so a practice mode could help get players more comfortable with this game.

I feel that taking out the offline mode would hurt sales and population on the game after release because if a new player can't practice they will get frustrated with the game and turn it off to never come back.

Lastly it costs the devs 0 for leaving the offline mode in because it is ran off your own computer unless the with friends mode becomes a thing.

I know the devs have an image ,but why take a good tool away for new players even the likes of call of duty still have a practice mode with bots.

If it isn't broke don't fix it as I see it.

Ok you may now rip me a new one hardcore players, but your responce would be anti new player positioned.

Well said!
Could not agree more - keep the offline mode!

• Like 1

This happen today to me and my friend , we get EOD editions and enters to play , but until we figured out the controls, map and escape zones we just aways die... gone a be good if have some kind of PvE (Without Loot, and stats) Just for practice and learn the mechanics and map exits! Now is a mess! I know is a PvP game and i agree but to learn a bit before enter in PvP gone a be good! Now i start regreting the decision who made to buy the game! Spawn and die its not fun! 

5 minutes ago, BG-Skech said:

This happen today to me and my friend , we get EOD editions and enters to play , but until we figured out the controls, map and escape zones we just aways die... gone a be good if have some kind of PvE (Without Loot, and stats) Just for practice and learn the mechanics and map exits! Now is a mess! I know is a PvP game and i agree but to learn a bit before enter in PvP gone a be good! Now i start regreting the decision who made to buy the game! Spawn and die its not fun! 

You still have the offline mode for that at the moment, but will not always be there.

Check the boxes at the bottom of screen after selecting map/time.5a183a081ae89_2017-11-2415-22(0).thumb.png.539e203cffa6c295b4be9dcda14f7950.png

11 minutes ago, swats73 said:

You still have the offline mode for that at the moment, but will not always be there.

Check the boxes at the bottom of screen after selecting map/time.5a183a081ae89_2017-11-2415-22(0).thumb.png.539e203cffa6c295b4be9dcda14f7950.png

EDITED:   I found it THANK YOU ! Finally can check the maps and practice with AI !!!

Edited by BG-Skech
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry to hear about your condition OP, however there will not be an offline mode. This game is clearly described as being an online experience and although there is an offline mode currently in the test builds, its inclusion is purely for that - testing.

The full release will have no place for it. You will have to venture online to play EFT.

If you bought the game hoping for an offline mode then you made a mistake. If you bought the game and are hoping the offline mode stays, you're out of luck. If you want the offline mode because you can play without risking your gear, that's totally against the design of the game and you should be brave and get out there and play online as designed. Regardless of what gear you have at any time, you will lose it eventually. The quicker you come to terms with the fact that you will die and lose your precious weapons, the better. You also need to come to terms with the fact that you will get it back again.

People complain as though they are the only ones having trouble learning the game and finding gear and extraction points. They are wrong. EVERYONE had to learn everything just like you. You will too. Just play the game.

Edited by Deadmode
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Deadmode said:

I'm sorry to hear about your condition OP, however there will not be an offline mode. This game is clearly described as being an online experience and although there is an offline mode currently in the test builds, its inclusion is purely for that - testing.

The full release will have no place for it. You will have to venture online to play EFT.

If you bought the game hoping for an offline mode then you made a mistake. If you bought the game and are hoping the offline mode stays, you're out of luck. If you want the offline mode because you can play without risking your gear, that's totally against the design of the game and you should be brave and get out there and play online as designed. Regardless of what gear you have at any time, you will lose it eventually. The quicker you come to terms with the fact that you will die and lose your precious weapons, the better. You also need to come to terms with the fact that you will get it back again.

People complain as though they are the only ones having trouble learning the game and finding gear and extraction points. They are wrong. EVERYONE had to learn everything just like you. You will too. Just play the game.

No ,i didnt buy the game to play it offline ! I know how PvP is! But the game is not begginer friendly! If they remove Offline mode gone a be a mistake if they not make at least LEVEL GROUPING ! Its not fair for new players who enter and are in a servers with people with high level who know better the map and everything! I think the perfect way to do it is if they make SERVER filter for exemple from 0 to 5 from 6 to 10 ... ect...ect... to group the players by level! This gone a give a begginers a chance to understand the game if the OFFLINE mode its removed for the full release ! OR they can make it OFFLINE MODE but without loot , and nothing just Deathmatch vs AI on actual maps (nobody to gain nothing , no loot extraction no rules... one live until you die or escape to end it without any rewards!) ! Not all players gone a buy this game if they know is so begginer unfriendly type ! (Terorist hunt in Rainbow Six Siege, is a great exemple to learn the game! Can be maded something like that here (Offline Mode, without rewards) can be re-named and modifyed to be like that , starting like SCAV with random gear BUT all other AI SCAVS to be unfriendly against you!! If they make this i definitivley gone a bring lots more friends to the game , but intil then i cant say that because this game is a good game but for new people is a pain! Without proper trainig and focus in PvE not gone a be the same success ! The market is full with PvP ONLY GAMES ! But Escape From Tarkov can make it better and have huge potential to do it , this realism and feeling its unique! I hope they also ADDS a PVE MODE without any rewards just , to learn a bit or to take a brake if you have a 10 DEATHS in a ROW in PVP !!! Not all players can keep playing it if they die constantly so is a good idea to think about that and give to this type of players a chance to IMPROVE their confort and try again in PVP ! FOR ME is must to HAVE feature and i talk in name of my friends also who still not buying the game ! They like it but not share the ONLY PVP mode , and everyone wait to be released on STEAM and to see if have PVE or NOT! If not 80% of my community not gone a buy it with sure! I want this game to SUCCESS and to show to the BIG developer teams , how can be maded the games with a passion and community listening! I hope they makes something for all type of players, and not only PVP , because with the time, "low" skilled players gone a give up , and NOT PVP players gone a stay away of this game! (Sorry for my Bad English Skills, i hope can be understand, what i mean)

One Exemple of a mod who can bring more players and who can give a training to everyone !

PRACTICE MODE (name for exemple) who gives you a selection of PLAYER PRESETS (starting items) or a RANDOM START like SCAV ! Later to select the ZONE (map) and later to have RANDOM AI SPAWN or PRESETS like EASY 5 AI, NORMAL 10 AI ...HARD 15 ... ect ect... and if this can be played with a FRIEND or up to 4 players its enought! ALL THIS without Exctraction of loot and without any EXP rewards! Compleatly separate Mode! This gone a be a huge sell factor for the game ! And gone a give a players time to learn and later try the PVP and enjoy the game how they like ! 

It has already been said that there will not be an offline mode and there will also not be any form of matchmaking that groups players based on skill, level, group size or loadout.

I am fully behind the developer's stance on this as it adds the level of uncertainty and vulnerability whilst in raids. If you group similar players together they you seriously limit the experience and rewards those players can achieve.

Remember that this is a test build of the game and not the final product. The full release will have much more support for newcomers in the form of some basic tutorials, guides and community support, including the sherpa program. If you feel that the steep learning curve will deter your friends from playing the game in its current state, then maybe they should wait until the game is finished to see if it is for them. It is also well documented that this game is not easy to learn and master and I recommend anyone considering pre-ordering to research these forums and other sources thoroughly before making a purchase decision, something it seems you may have neglected to do.

There will not be any form of offline, lesser difficulty, PvE or otherwise as this is a hardcore military simulation experience incorporating RPG elements and not to be mistaken or compared to any other FPS experiences currently available.

Edited by Deadmode
  • Upvote 2

Allright so , was my mistake to buy it so early... Without PvE SEPARATE mode and not only PVP , gone a be boring with the time to play without my friends and community... I hope im wrong but ... spending 140 euros in a PVP only game without any other mod was a mistake ! 

• Sad 1

Wel if the only make it pvp the game go be dead  after 1 year on release look on dayz also dead pvp servers and are more games no more actif becouse pvp  .

Also other creators gamers changed there pvp to pve  becouse are more players thats like pve than pvp .

and pvp is like real life world war 2 so if you want to be also on real life this happen than you also dont like the pvp :)

so is better the make solutions and 2 or 3 different servers for pvp and pve and rp players  and every server same rule also loot for quest only you start on every server pvp or pve or rp on level 0 

if the make it on this way the can be very rich to sell the game on this situation are more rp or pve players real life than pvp  becouse like i say if real life also come pvp world war who is scary than those that only play pvp games ingame the feel the are god but rl the doing in there pants

wel i am right on answer so is only the true what i type now  not everyone is good on pvp .

so give the players that also want to enjoy a pve or rp server so the can enjoy the quest storyline .

and with the money the can buy better stuff to than for doing in pve world there missions.

• Upvote 1

there is a great discussion thread on the topic here:

seriously it needs to be considered. more options means more people means more money which means more game. It boils down to having separate characters for each mode.

I would even, possibly, got for a raid light option which has no human scavs and less PMCs but the rare loot chances are much less.

Edited by bigbacon
  • Upvote 1