spikeybaby

Feature request

Hi guys, as a new player I find this game almost impossible to play.

More experienced players prey on new, inexperienced, players consistently and deliberately. As such I can't learn the map, weapon dynamics, ai or looting at all as I am instantly killed by players I never see or rushed and steam rolled by geared squads. 

Can it be considered, now that there are many more players, a matching priority service be implemented so that players are grouped into maps with similarly experienced people.

EFT was originally going to be one of the main games we played in our "Social Gaming Society" as it had a lot of interest from all 30 voting members. As it stands both myself and two others that have bought the game consider it a waste of money as it is just not fun. 

I understand the game is not meant to be "easy" but also its a game. It should be possible for people to learn and enjoy not just constantly to be fish in a barrel for others who can group up and afford to risk gear which makes them practically invulnerable to any weapons starting players have access to.

9/10 will tell you to "git gud" but no sorry i totally get you when i joined the game in Januar i got rekt so hard mainly by the AI since they even back then were broken because the shotguns was insane. The only thing i can tell you is to run the scav runs. scav runs was designed tto new players use it and get to learn the map factory ;) 

people requested a hardcore shooter where you're punished for mistakes, this is it. hardcore and you're punished if you're bad... 

it gets ruff sometimes but trust me...i was thinking about the game just as you about a month ago....get ur first raid where u bring something epic to ur home and u cant stop playing i promise ! the learning curve is steep but its worth it ! ur on the noob wrecking side faster than u maybe think...

I get that, but I feel like I'm nothing more than a loot delivery service to level 40+ groups.

Added to that the hackers (fly hacks have been in about 5% of my matches so far!), unplayable lag, constant crashes etc this is not the game that was advertised to us (I consider Twitch streaming as advertising when certain players are on the company payrol). I'm not sure if "press" accounts get better performance because of server side prioritization, they have a different build to us, they are playing on better servers etc but this just isn't what I expected based on what I was demonstrated.

I get that it's early access and part of that is listening to input from paying customers as we are shareholders now.

If the response is to ignore requests or the generic "git gud" meme then I can respect that but if so this is not an endeavour I can support.

Is there any official response or clarification to any form of matchmaking? 

This game is specially unforgiving. Try to acquire experience in gunfights, map exploration, scav routes and loot in offline mode, and try to join a team to learn.

Also, you need to forget everything Hollywood taught you, here you will learn how to become a real soldier.:^)

pd. engravings don't give tactical advantage

I almost forgot, but devs stated they will eventually add a tutorial so you can learn the ropes. The rest is up to you. As I said before, try to join a team and get help from more experienced players, it really boosts you through the learning phase into the wrecking enemies phase.

Edited by Killeon

15 minutes ago, spikeybaby said:

I get that, but I feel like I'm nothing more than a loot delivery service to level 40+ groups.

Added to that the hackers (fly hacks have been in about 5% of my matches so far!), unplayable lag, constant crashes etc this is not the game that was advertised to us (I consider Twitch streaming as advertising when certain players are on the company payrol). I'm not sure if "press" accounts get better performance because of server side prioritization, they have a different build to us, they are playing on better servers etc but this just isn't what I expected based on what I was demonstrated.

I get that it's early access and part of that is listening to input from paying customers as we are shareholders now.

If the response is to ignore requests or the generic "git gud" meme then I can respect that but if so this is not an endeavour I can support.

Is there any official response or clarification to any form of matchmaking? 

EFT caters to group play. If you choose SOLO play than you are picking the hardest difficulty ontop of an already hardcore game. Find a group, play together with them. You can also use the offline mode to learn the maps, or scav mode.

Further along development, the DEVs have said the the very first location will be a 'offline Tutorial' raid where you are taught the basics. Anything else will have to be learned the hard way. I understand what you mean when you say this is still a game, regardless of how hard it is meant to be, but there are already ways to lessen the difficulty. 

While it is always subject to change, i have been told by a member of the DEV team here on the forum that there is no matchmaking planned as of right now that he knows of.

Input is always welcome and even if they don't directly acknowledge it, they do have DEVs reading the forum. Just don't get your hopes up too much. While they do care about the customer, they will not go out of their way and change the game to please everyone. They have a vision and are sticking to it.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your replies. 

I think from what people have said this is unlikely to be the game it first appeared to be.

Possibly down the line when the hackers, lag, glitchers, reliability have been addressed this may be a game worth revisiting. Potentially when there's punishment for team killing, local/team comms, drawn out raids due to open world gameplay the KOS (even after friendly wiggles) mentality might die down a little and newer players might find experienced guys more happy to help them rather than shoot them in the face for their pistol and single mag.

For the moment though I think it's probably best I request a chargeback as it turns out the game doesn't have a refund policy  - this should have been a red flag at the beginning to be fair - and remove the game from the sGs games list.

I expect I shall rebuy into the game come full release on Steam when things are ironed out, new players aren't as harshly punished and the average player age increases. This is in no way a poo-poo to the game or its players and I wish the devs and players all the best. The game was just not what was sold to me (or at least not yet) and so I think my money would be better spent elsewhere for now.

Maybe see you guys on the other side of release x

Just now, spikeybaby said:

Thank you for your replies. 

I think from what people have said this is unlikely to be the game it first appeared to be.

Possibly down the line when the hackers, lag, glitchers, reliability have been addressed this may be a game worth revisiting. Potentially when there's punishment for team killing, local/team comms, drawn out raids due to open world gameplay the KOS (even after friendly wiggles) mentality might die down a little and newer players might find experienced guys more happy to help them rather than shoot them in the face for their pistol and single mag.

For the moment though I think it's probably best I request a chargeback as it turns out the game doesn't have a refund policy  - this should have been a red flag at the beginning to be fair - and remove the game from the sGs games list.

I expect I shall rebuy into the game come full release on Steam when things are ironed out, new players aren't as harshly punished and the average player age increases. This is in no way a poo-poo to the game or its players and I wish the devs and players all the best. The game was just not what was sold to me (or at least not yet) and so I think my money would be better spent elsewhere for now.

Maybe see you guys on the other side of release x

Dude, try the game with some group of people its more fun

@spikeybaby there is no refund option because we do not offer refunds at this time. This pre order is a non refundable purchase.

You really should find others to play with to learn the game, or do offline mode to better acquaint you with maps as well as looking up user made maps to better understand them.

7 minutes ago, Agnisekhar said:

Dude, try the game with some group of people its more fun

I expect it is but I cannot in good conscience recommend this game to others in the state it is in and with no in game options for joining/managing/communicating with a group this is not something I am able to do.

3 minutes ago, necuja said:

@spikeybaby there is no refund option because we do not offer refunds at this time. This pre order is a non refundable purchase.

I understand that. It is a shame refunds aren't offered at all as it does kinda show a lack of faith that buyers will stay, I expect the number of concurrent players is a small percentage of purchaser's for this reason. A savvy business move to keep a floating capital but completely anti-consumer. Luckily I purchased on PayPal and have recourse due to the game being not as described by advertisement and of unsatisfactory quality.

Just now, spikeybaby said:

I expect it is but I cannot in good conscience recommend this game to others in the state it is in and with no in game options for joining/managing/communicating with a group this is not something I am able to do.

I am sorry to say that, but I don't think EFT is for you.

@spikeybaby I can see your point but try to remember, this is a game in development. The future of it requires the funds by pre orders. 

Good luck with your recourse, but the game is being advertised as in development, it's a pre order of a game not released yet and you were granted access to test it and help make improvements.

As this topic won't get anywhere now, it will be closed. Sorry to see all the misunderstanding of what this purchase actually was