Sign in to follow this  
CammelloRotante

What do i do wrong?

Recommended Posts

Ok I've lost all my stuff. Again. I just can't seem to survive any encounter with players on larger maps, I do fine in factory escaping most of the time killing 3-4 players, but when i get into custom or woods  for example ( I go in decently geared, a scoped ak paca armor and sometimes even a helmet) i just get crushed. I get shot from god knows where and people always seem to have the jump on me while i have no clue where they are, I manage to escape maybe 1 out of 5  at best.  

P.S. sorry for my english

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you going in solo or by yourself? If your doing larger maps solo, you have to be sneaky sneaky as a lot of the larger maps have teams of up to five players moving slowly watching all directions and using comms. You have to be a leaf in the wind, move fast and silent, strike like a cobra, and fade into the shadows.  Stay hidden, use your surroundings to disguise yourself and conceal your movements. Do not be in the open at all if possible, and if you have to you need to sprint the shortest distance to cover. I suggest you use discord or find a teamspeak server and group up with a squad that can teach you the ropes. It's much easier to learn with experienced players that can show you the ropes. A lot of guys are willing to help if you ask. Sorry for the long post I'm assuming your trying larger maps solo, it's not impossible and can be done but you have to be VERY aware of your surroundings, know the map like the back of your hand, and have the eyes of an eagle. If you know know the maps well and are indeed attempting solo I suggest you offline play the maps and learn every inch, nook, and cranny of them and have them memorized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had exactly the same problem with all maps. Once I learned ALL player spawns, all player standart moving routes, all crates, I can imagine where players could be and what they will do, I got better. Factory itself is very skill(aim) dependant. Sometimes you face a lot of hatchlings/PMs and just low skill/lagging/w.e. geared players.

Moving silently advice tbh is not a best option since you probably dont know where your enemies could be and from where to expect encounter. You should just practice more on that maps and eventually you will make a picture of each run for each map in the head. If you know all maps perfectly but still facing that issue then its maybe your playstyle. Remember that time is your best friend. The more you wait in that bush, the more will be the outcome. Remember that pvp fights in spawn area in customs could last for 25 (!) minutes. If you are playing ONLY solo, and if you wanna get some loot - you should wait A LOT. All players would not survive to the finish line. And remaining definitely would not carry ALL the loot. The rest is all yours. Its the matter of time. If you can't wait to pull the trigger, well, just play factory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I survived 3out of 5 from big map when I solo.its not that hard.just play little sneaky and don't just rush or run in the big field where all the player can see you,and alway run and stop looking around you and lay on the grass and hearing any foot steps or sprint near you.just take it little slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scout scout scout and again scout. Learn from each death. Didn't understand how? try different routes. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, skyf1re said:

I had exactly the same problem with all maps. Once I learned ALL player spawns, all player standart moving routes, all crates, I can imagine where players could be and what they will do, I got better. Factory itself is very skill(aim) dependant. Sometimes you face a lot of hatchlings/PMs and just low skill/lagging/w.e. geared players.

Moving silently advice tbh is not a best option since you probably dont know where your enemies could be and from where to expect encounter. You should just practice more on that maps and eventually you will make a picture of each run for each map in the head. If you know all maps perfectly but still facing that issue then its maybe your playstyle. Remember that time is your best friend. The more you wait in that bush, the more will be the outcome. Remember that pvp fights in spawn area in customs could last for 25 (!) minutes. If you are playing ONLY solo, and if you wanna get some loot - you should wait A LOT. All players would not survive to the finish line. And remaining definitely would not carry ALL the loot. The rest is all yours. Its the matter of time. If you can't wait to pull the trigger, well, just play factory.

I have no issue on factory as i said, actually if it wasn't for that map i would be broke 100% of the time. My issue is not the loot honestly, it's the fact that i can't have fun in larger maps because i can't even survive an encounter with players.. Hell I don't even see them most of the time before i get shot with a silenced m4. If i have to play like a scavenger and get the remains of other players kills then that's not fun for me... and so is spamming only factory all the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 часов назад, CammelloRotante сказал:

I have no issue on factory as i said, actually if it wasn't for that map i would be broke 100% of the time. My issue is not the loot honestly, it's the fact that i can't have fun in larger maps because i can't even survive an encounter with players.. Hell I don't even see them most of the time before i get shot with a silenced m4. If i have to play like a scavenger and get the remains of other players kills then that's not fun for me... and so is spamming only factory all the time.

Gameplay for escape game mode for solo player is exactly what I described, if you wanna got some loot. Either way facing other people to compete/challenge could end in random headshot/killing from behind. Solo is very limited since you can control only 1 direction at a time, and larger maps have A LOT of covers, that makes silenced players almost invincible here. No muzzle fire, no noise, no working insurance :) Even when we was playing a fully geared party it was a moments when we were down by soloing silenced player, when he outplays us tactically. 

Playing solo is mostly like hunting. If you wanna more action, factory or, sadly, other game is your choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CammelloRotante said:

I have no issue on factory as i said, actually if it wasn't for that map i would be broke 100% of the time. My issue is not the loot honestly, it's the fact that i can't have fun in larger maps because i can't even survive an encounter with players.. Hell I don't even see them most of the time before i get shot with a silenced m4. If i have to play like a scavenger and get the remains of other players kills then that's not fun for me... and so is spamming only factory all the time.

I think i see what the issue is.

EFT is not a Deathmatch style game. In factory this is perfectly doable because of the small size of the map, so the 'Kill, Loot, Extract' playstyle is more doable even as a SOLO player.

When you go to the big maps you start seeing the intended gameplay for EFT. It shifts from 'Kill, Loot, Extract' to 'Move from A to B, engage or avoid enemies, loot or keep moving, extract.' It is a lot more tactical and team oriented. You need to constantly consider the consequences of every action. Do you run across the road and risk getting spotted? Do you engage that one guy right now or wait to see if he has friends? Is it worth engaging that team, or should i play it safe? What do i have in this situation that can help me overcome the difference in numbers, or am i at a disadvantage? etc.

I would advise you to, first and foremost, get a team. EFT caters to team play. Choosing SOLO play is picking to play a hardcore game with a handicap. Teams make the game much easier and more fun. My preferred team size is 3 players, because that is the perfect (for me) mix of having your back covered while still leaving a target rich environment to shoot at.

Secondly i would also advise you to rethink how you play. If you run into others you don't HAVE to engage them. You can, but that is not the main goal of the raid. Raids are the story portion of the game. They are played in online with other players but the main goal is to 'Escape from Tarkov'. For that you need to extract from every raid in a linear progression from one raid to the other until you reach the end. It will be a bit more complex than this, but that is the gist of it. How you choose to accomplish this main goal is up to you, and you are perfectly able to choose to kill everything in your path. However, choosing to engage a team (of 4 or 5) while playing solo is one of the hardest things to do. Not impossible to accomplish, but not easy either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShiroTenshi said:

I think i see what the issue is.

EFT is not a Deathmatch style game. In factory this is perfectly doable because of the small size of the map, so the 'Kill, Loot, Extract' playstyle is more doable even as a SOLO player.

When you go to the big maps you start seeing the intended gameplay for EFT. It shifts from 'Kill, Loot, Extract' to 'Move from A to B, engage or avoid enemies, loot or keep moving, extract.' It is a lot more tactical and team oriented. You need to constantly consider the consequences of every action. Do you run across the road and risk getting spotted? Do you engage that one guy right now or wait to see if he has friends? Is it worth engaging that team, or should i play it safe? What do i have in this situation that can help me overcome the difference in numbers, or am i at a disadvantage? etc.

I would advise you to, first and foremost, get a team. EFT caters to team play. Choosing SOLO play is picking to play a hardcore game with a handicap. Teams make the game much easier and more fun. My preferred team size is 3 players, because that is the perfect (for me) mix of having your back covered while still leaving a target rich environment to shoot at.

Secondly i would also advise you to rethink how you play. If you run into others you don't HAVE to engage them. You can, but that is not the main goal of the raid. Raids are the story portion of the game. They are played in online with other players but the main goal is to 'Escape from Tarkov'. For that you need to extract from every raid in a linear progression from one raid to the other until you reach the end. It will be a bit more complex than this, but that is the gist of it. How you choose to accomplish this main goal is up to you, and you are perfectly able to choose to kill everything in your path. However, choosing to engage a team (of 4 or 5) while playing solo is one of the hardest things to do. Not impossible to accomplish, but not easy either.

Well if at least i could see that 4-5 player team before they mow me down it could help i guess... I used to play a lot of dayz solo and i never had these issues, i guess it's a different game. If i have to just loot and run from spawn to extraction were's the fun in that? I don't have to kill everything i see but some action that is not getting instakilled from god knows where every once in a while is not asking for too much i think. Also on the topic of getting a team, I can't. Noone of my friends play this game and i can't really join up on discord since my parents would think i'm retarded speaking another language online. 

 

EDIT. I guess i chose the wrong game as usual..

Edited by CammelloRotante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CammelloRotante said:

 Also on the topic of getting a team, I can't. Noone of my friends play this game and i can't really join up on discord since my parents would think i'm retarded speaking another language online. 

What about someone from your IP region? http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/forum/78-italiano/ I'm sure there's got to be some clans or groups in there.

And about the raids, that's where the main story will be so there's a lot of things you will need to do before you are able to actually escape. Nikita has said that it should take around 80 hours to 'finish' all the raids. And even than there's quests, secret locations to discover and unlock (like the Arena, which is where the PVP deatchmatch happens), and other things to do. And after you complete the Raids, you unlock Free Roam, which is all 10 raid locations in one single mega map.

The new patch will hit soon, and it will bring some more content to help fill raids. If that still doesn't make them more interesting for you, Take a break for a month or two and come back once there is more content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this