Etheris

Super rare TK glitch?

https://imgur.com/a/VzzaO

The blue dots are my teammate and I. We are shooting a shotgun SCAV behind the pipes at 'bus stop'/'breach' in Customs.

He has m4. Him and I are both shooting at the SCAV from completely different angles and were nowhere near each others line of fire.

We're overgeared to kill a shotgun SCAV. Easy stuff.

I peek to shoot SCAV, as soon as I shoot and my teammate also shoots the SCAV. The SCAV shoots his pellets at me, he misses. I'm behind cover. (no sign of desync all game)

I hear silenced M4 spray and I die. The SCAV died at the same time.

It says my teammate killed me. He's freaking out because he's nowhere near me.

What happened here? Did we glitch the SCAV and he somehow shot M4 buckshot into me from behind a wall? LOL. What?

Some of the weirdest poo ever. I've heard about this before and I just laughed it off thinking people were stupid and killed their teammates or lied to their teammate. Now I've experienced it.

Thoughts? Similar experiences?

Edited by Etheris

something similar happened to me once, we were 5-10meters away, pretty much adjacent to each other, and when I killed the scav (I think)  who was at the pylon near the checkpoint on customs (the one that lurks there like a predator), my friend also died with it saying I'd killed him, played it off as just one of those things, that was a few weeks ago though

It happens to me few times when I team up with my firmed I was behind my team mate,I saw he is shooting scav in the corner ,after he fire then I die,and it say my team mate killls me.

Hehehe we expirienced same thing yesterday on factory. I spawned with my friend on factory in the different parts of map. I was "behind heavy cover" waiting for enemy and when he killed someone on the other side of the map - i died with his name of player that killed me :D

It's a known bug in the game where is says you were killed by a player in the game that you were not killed by (usually one in your group). You did not actually get killed by your team mate, it just said you did.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb AyJayGee:

It's a known bug in the game where is says you were killed by a player in the game that you were not killed by (usually one in your group). You did not actually get killed by your team mate, it just said you did.

Thats correct. To be a bit more precise: If you are in a squad the games sometimes shows the name of the entity (player or scav) thats the nearest to you. It happened to my mates some times when we got shot from a distance and no one is nearby. So maybe you got shoot by a player but as he was far away, the game bugged and showed your teammates name.

Edited by Big_Joe