DarkEagle553

Performance drop after Patch 0.2.120.435

Hi guys,

Does anybody else have huge performance drops after the recend patch ? I have a GTX 980ti which ran the game quite good. 

Loading into factory was fast and with costums it took me around 2mins because i only have 8gb of ram. That was all good but now....

Costums over 10min of loading. And after it finely loads i have no frames at all and they drop like crazy. It is unplayable!

I hope somebody has answers and i hope they patch it fast.....

• Like 4

I can confirm it. Customs and Woods is playable only first run (where i get around 60 fps and game is pretty smooth), than i have to restart a game. If i don't do it, i have like 10 FPS and also 5 seconds freezes. Factory is completely fine, i can go several runs without issues, but when i go into Woods or Customs, im pretty sure i have to restart a game after every raid, because i can expect huge FPS drops.

In my opinion it is a problem that is called "memory leak". Because in Task manager i have EFT.exe with 90% of my memory usage.

My PC specs: i5-4440, gtx1060 6gb, 8 gb ram (i know, i just upgraded video card into pretty old pc and also i know 8gb isn't enought as everybody is arguing in memory leak threads, but honestly, i could run a game on 60+ fps on all maps without restarts right before a patch update - on low settings ofc - and whole pc upgrade is currently what i'm working on.)

-Sorry for my bad english, i just want to contribute and somehow help with a problem.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello! Same problem here, specs I5-4690K@4.1 Ghz, Radeon R280 (3 GB), 8 GB Ram.  My HDD used 100% by this game which is not normal at all, that's why I have regular freezes and massive FPS drop.

I think this problem is caused indirectly by the new quests: everyone is trying to join at the same time on customs (you can check the lobby before entering) and this is flooding the servers with join request. As far as I know de-sync is mostly happening when new players join the map

Right after the patch I played customs a few times and the FPS was normal (around 80), game was working perfectly, but there weren't like 100+ players in the lobby like yesterday. Also now when I join I get a lot of server timeout errors after waiting for 5+ minutes, try to reconnect and have 5 FPS on peak.

P.S. I will try today to enter on night time because lobby is always empty

Edited by side1394
  • Upvote 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb micra:

I can confirm it. Customs and Woods is playable only first run (where i get around 60 fps and game is pretty smooth), than i have to restart a game. If i don't do it, i have like 10 FPS and also 5 seconds freezes. Factory is completely fine, i can go several runs without issues, but when i go into Woods or Customs, im pretty sure i have to restart a game after every raid, because i can expect huge FPS drops.

In my opinion it is a problem that is called "memory leak". Because in Task manager i have EFT.exe with 90% of my memory usage.

My PC specs: i5-4440, gtx1060 6gb, 8 gb ram (i know, i just upgraded video card into pretty old pc and also i know 8gb isn't enought as everybody is arguing in memory leak threads, but honestly, i could run a game on 60+ fps on all maps without restarts right before a patch update - on low settings ofc - and whole pc upgrade is currently what i'm working on.)

-Sorry for my bad english, i just want to contribute and somehow help with a problem.

For me it doesnt matter its just unplayable, i have the same frame problems like you ram is at 90% and i also only have 8gb of ram. I have a friend who has 16gb of ram and the game uses 12-14 gb so i dont even know if upgrading would even help.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb side1394:

Hello! Same problem here, specs I5-4690K@4.1 Ghz, Radeon R280 (3 GB), 8 GB Ram.  My HDD used 100% by this game which is not normal at all, that's why I have regular freezes and massive FPS drop.

I think this problem is caused indirectly by the new quests: everyone is trying to join at the same time on customs (you can check the lobby before entering) and this is flooding the servers with join request. As far as I know de-sync is mostly happening when new players join the map

Right after the patch I played customs a few times and the FPS was normal (around 80), game was working perfectly, but there weren't like 100+ players in the lobby like yesterday. Also now when I join I get a lot of server timeout errors after waiting for 5+ minutes, try to reconnect and have 5 FPS on peak.

P.S. I will try today to enter on night time because lobby is always empty

The quests are a big problem as well.

Also i put my game from an HDD to an SSD and it didnt help at all. 

I also tried increase pagefile or virtual memory value, but i didn't recognize a change.

Edited by micra

To me it felt like an infinite loading of textures, using 99% of my HDD permanently, even when not moving at all. Also freeze-ups 5+ seconds long and during them even my sound was stuck on teamspeak... I can't explain how this is possible when a day before game ran silky smooth (post-patch) 

Edited by side1394
  • Upvote 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb side1394:

To me it felt like an infinite loading of textures, using 99% of my HDD permanently, even when not moving at all. Also freeze-ups 5+ seconds long and during them even my sound was stuck on teamspeak... I can't explain how this is possible when a day before game ran silky smooth (post-patch) 

Yea they did something wrong with the update big time....

Yesterday tried again on customs/woods. Seems that woods is working decent (fps drops still exist) but it's manageable. Customs on the other way still broken. After long freeze-ups (1 min) I had to manually restart my PC (ALT+TAB didn't do anything). Lost full loot 2 times because of this. SCAV freeze-ups were a little bit rarer then PMC ones, managed to get fort armor from another SCAV

P.S. All Customs action done at night time, still massive fps drops and longer freeze-ups

We are working on it seems to be BSG slang for: Hey we made the game unplayable but don´t worry in about 4 weeks there will be a patch that fixes nothing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Update! By now i cant even load into customs... It takes like 10mins and in the end it just crashes. I wanted to upgrade to EOD after the wipe but as it stands right now thats not gonna happen.

I use the lowest settings possible and 60 FPS lock. It's playable so to speak on Woods and of course on Factory. I don't even try Customs anymore. But to be real, it was worse when this whole thing began 2-3 days ago where I would just lose server connection automatically when joining any game.

Its a memory leak. i got 16 gb of ddr 4 2300 mzh and tarkov is using 20-80% non stop. 

Before patch i would stream, since patch i can't even come close to streaming

Small update: dunno if it's purely coincidence and the devs fixed excessive mem usage, but yesterday I reinstalled windows 7 (used windows 10 before) and the game works perfect now, no more drops/stutter/freeze-ups. Runs at 60-70 FPS on any map. I noticed an increased load on my video card though compared to windows 10, but nothing it can't cope with. Loading time on customs now under 2 minutes compared to 6-7 a day before

Call me crazy but I started thinking that it might have been windows 10's fault!

Edited by side1394

50 minutes ago, Proximus696 said:

I use windows 7 Pro and still had the drops/stutters and freeze-ups last night.

So i don't think it's a Windows 10 problem

I5 4690K@4.1 Ghz, 8GB Corsair@ 2000 Mhz, 1 TB WDD Blue, Radeon R9 280. These are my system specs. Game runs on high detail @ 60-70 FPS on most maps and more on Factory. I had freeze-ups mainly due to 100% use of my HDD as far as I noticed and secondary due to memory use at 100%.

Right after the first start of EFT I noticed that CPU use was uncommonly high, checked task manager and svchost.exe was responsible for this matter. Googled it and came up with this result which worked perfectly:

Please check this link, if you experience full CPU use, you might have the same problem as I did:

Edited by side1394

yes, that fixed my problem and my game is now playable, but im not 100% sure is disabling those things did or patch did.

My performance is overall better since patch, however, I do have a new problem one in ten matches or so. My frames get down below 10 fps and stay the entire game, only happened to me on customs . 

I can definitely confirm that the problem is caused by memory leaks. Used to run EFT with 8 gigs of RAM which was somehow just enough to run the game pretty stable till they released the "hotfix". Now I upgraded to 16 gigs and the problems are gone. No lag no stuttering. Instant 60 fps right after deployment.

Maybe the hotfix needs a hotfix?

This might have been mentioned already but I found that setting the affinity for ETF to a single single core reduced the crashes for me and strange stuttering. While I don't think this game uses multi-threading,  it seemed to reduce the frequency of game crashes and improved overall stability. I have 16GB of RAM, a 7700k, and a 1080. I made that change pre-patch.