Sign in to follow this  
Sev07Sniper

The voice and gesture menu is awesome, But..

As much as I love the Voice Commands and Hand gestures, the way of using them is way too slow to utilize during a raid.

If I need to quickly tell someone to get back, I need to go through 2 menus where I have to click each time, and I cannot move while doing it, and I have reduced visibility, not entirely sure why the screen surrounding the menu get's blurry. When I'm talking in reality I don't suddenly get blurred vision.

Sure, it takes a little over a second but when in a firefight a second is a long time to be standing still with extremely reduced visibility and that's just for one section of the menu.

A few ideas that could work to make the process somewhat more effective and comfortable.

Functionality:

• Being able to choose phrases that can be hot keyed could be one way of dealing with it. For example: Alt + 1 = Follow me!, Alt + 2 = Get back!. 
  • Making the options not need to be clicked could speed up the process, highlighting and releasing the button should be enough. (Overwatch for example).

Player Comfort:

• Remove the blur around the menu.
  • Enable movement when using the menu.
  • Make the Black Hexagons slightly transparent, to allow for slightly more visibility when in the menu.

I don't know if I'm the only person who currently feels this way, it's possible I am in the minority. 

Sadly I'm currently unable to actually play EFT because of the known performance issues, so I didn't really get much time to get used to it before the game became unplayable. 

Love the work you guys do.

- Sev

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I love the idea of selecting hotkeys. It does only take a second to select, but more fluidity in mid combat is never a bad thing.

• Thanks 1

Your idea is good. but there is an idea about key binds, now I do not know if it will be accepted by Devs :P

• Thanks 1