Sign in to follow this  
AmHare

Idea for hideout defense game mode.

A hideout defense mode that a 4v4 squad willingly enters. The defender has to fill a 4x10 stash with gear or gear that equals a set level of money. The attackers try to raid the hideout with a set level of gear. There could be different tiers of raids, the lower tier requires the least amount of gear/cost between attacker/defender and the higher tier requiring the most. It could even have a phase to strategically plan the barricading of certain choke points/set up attacking positions

I think it would give players a competitive means to "gamble" with gear and further utilize the hideout feature being added to the game. 

Any thoughts or additions to this?

Edited by AmHare
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't know what will be the Arena mode, but I hope like you, it will be more than a boring deathmatch and have some originality and different modes.

Plus in fact every beginning of a raid is a deathmatch, because we spawn really nearby each others, everybody know the spawn points, and leaving a threat behind is the better way to been shot from the back by leftover ennemies.

In this case as soon as you will encounter a group of scavs in the middle of the raid, the firefight with the scavs will attract every players decently geared, because taking down a target already busy is a really effective strategy.

Edited by Klaus_Quarter

Currently the hideout is planned to be completely separate from the game world, in which the player can do things not related to combat, instead they can look at their loot and see each individual world model for each piece of gear. I don't think they will be introducing combat into the only place there is no combat in Tarkov.

As Klaus said, after I posted I remembered the arena mode. I guess we will have to wait for more information on it. Either way, I'm super excited for the future.

I do not know why, but people in the EFT community do not like these game modes. in alpha phase I created a topic on c4 defuse, refen rescue and VIP crossing. but people did not like the idea. 

but I think it's a good idea, the more modes a game has, the harder it becomes to get boredom.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, FLP said:

I do not know why, but people in the EFT community do not like these game modes. in alpha phase I created a topic on c4 defuse, refen rescue and VIP crossing. but people did not like the idea. 

but I think it's a good idea, the more modes a game has, the harder it becomes to get boredom.

That's true. It might work better as endgame content though? Such as the Tarkov veterans being hired by journalists, NGOs etc to do irregular missions into the Tarkov region.

50 minutes ago, vatt84 said:

That's true. It might work better as endgame content though? Such as the Tarkov veterans being hired by journalists, NGOs etc to do irregular missions into the Tarkov region.

I already thought of writing a great topic with a whole lore and even some map content or images to try to make the community like it and the Devs accept the idea. But I've left it for later.

For a map with defuse of C4, it could be USEC vs BEAR one wanting to destroy a hideout or deposit of the other.

to cross ViP could be the rescue of someone important of each faction. the VIP would use a simple pistol and a unique heavy vest for that game mode.

1 hour ago, FLP said:

I already thought of writing a great topic with a whole lore and even some map content or images to try to make the community like it and the Devs accept the idea. But I've left it for later.

For a map with defuse of C4, it could be USEC vs BEAR one wanting to destroy a hideout or deposit of the other.

to cross ViP could be the rescue of someone important of each faction. the VIP would use a simple pistol and a unique heavy vest for that game mode.

Go for it dude, when the time is right :)

I'm 100% with you for creating extra content for the post escape (endgame) stuff :)

Hell, I remember the fun of the Counterstrike VIP modes :)

When it becomes viable (open beta mebbe?) I'm all for ideas and missions for game content that would explain why the PMCs are returning to Tarkov. It would be great to have a brainstorming session to create missions for players after they have completed the campaign to escape :x

3 hours ago, vatt84 said:

Go for it dude, when the time is right :)

I'm 100% with you for creating extra content for the post escape (endgame) stuff :)

Hell, I remember the fun of the Counterstrike VIP modes :)

When it becomes viable (open beta mebbe?) I'm all for ideas and missions for game content that would explain why the PMCs are returning to Tarkov. It would be great to have a brainstorming session to create missions for players after they have completed the campaign to escape :x

Good, thanks for the help, in the future I can talk to you and we create a topic about it. I think even though it's a good idea now the devs need to focus on finishing the game.