zainredding

Please set time to pick up Insured items for days not hours.

I don't get the chance to play very often. I am not sure why I should be penalized for having obligations other than this game. Besides it doesn't make sense. You hire a guy to do a job paying up front if you are late to pick something up, you don't just not get what you paid for.

• Upvote 8

Agree. I'm also playing only 2 hours per day but now every day and often lose my insured items because of short time window. 3-5 days for returning will be ok!

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I get the same problem. I cannot play every day and regularely lose items due to timers.

Not just insured items either. Also quests with timers such as the one where I have to find fort armor. I did have one lying around so no issue this time, but if I hadn't then there is a high chance i would have failed that quest simply because I can't play enough rounds in 3 days to be sure to find both the fort armor and helmet.

there are plenty of places that have written into contracts that they will not hold an item over a certain time, and you're telling me you can't find 2 mins to sign in and grab stuff?

Edited by thewarhound91

2 hours ago, thewarhound91 said:

there are plenty of places that have written into contracts that they will not hold an item over a certain time, and you're telling me you can't find 2 mins to sign in and grab stuff?

it happens

• Like 1

The reason the timer exists in the first place is so people don't use insurance to store more gear than their stash allows for. I've noticed that it's incredibly convenient when you get your entire kit back in insurance. You can just leave it there and grab it when you die and you need it.

If the timer was something like 1 week then I could just bring a bunch of insured kits out and dump them in a bush or water or outside of the map, and then fill the storage I saved with more kits.

9 hours ago, thewarhound91 said:

Umm yeah you dont get to dictate what I want thanx.

6 hours ago, Jagged said:

The reason the timer exists in the first place is so people don't use insurance to store more gear than their stash allows for. I've noticed that it's incredibly convenient when you get your entire kit back in insurance. You can just leave it there and grab it when you die and you need it.

If the timer was something like 1 week then I could just bring a bunch of insured kits out and dump them in a bush or water or outside of the map, and then fill the storage I saved with more kits.

Hence why I said days. Not remove the timer completely.

i feel there should be an option to allow the insurance items to be returned at 7 days.

my reasoning for this, is that for some due to other commitments work,family etc don't have access to the game at certain times of the week.

for example 90% of the time i work away from home monday to friday due to work, without access to internet let alone the gaming pc. meaning i only time i am able to play saturday-sunday, so 24-36hr return on items is pointless in taking.

I agree there should be a limit to the time it is held for as people will just use it as extra storage. 

even if there is a premium to extend the return time time 7 days for the inconvenience of the trader having to store it etc. extra 50% for example would make it viable to use it.

even have a premium to bring the return forward if people are wanting the items to be returned sooner than the current 24-36hrs.

Edited by crazycandy
  • Upvote 1

thats what i was saying maybe have one which is 12hr (quick) turn around, one 24-36hr (standard) another which is 7 days (delayed)

standard is cheapest, then quick and delayed is +25% for example and of them have like 24 hrs of you to get the items once available 

Edited by crazycandy

On 9/23/2017 at 11:08 AM, zainredding said:

I don't get the chance to play very often. I am not sure why I should be penalized for having obligations other than this game. Besides it doesn't make sense. You hire a guy to do a job paying up front if you are late to pick something up, you don't just not get what you paid for.

good idea. always love the "muh game is perfect" people bagging on nice ideas like this

how about if you pay more money you will get a little bit of more time 

again, it's penalizing people who have work and a life outside of sitting in front of pc 24/7. some people have jobs requiring them to travel. i know it's hard for teenagers to understand adult world sometimes.

Edited by johncage213

really the time is a bit short and I have also missed some items. :usad: 

we are in a beta phase I believe that the insurance system should undergo changes. even more that most of the EFT players are older and working. one longer time was going to help a lot to everyone.

stay tuned in the forum and in the news of the official page of facebook, VK or twitter to be always updated on the news.
FLP

Perhaps, if you do not collect the items in time, you get 90% of their monetary value as if you had simply sold those items to the trader, instead of insuring them.

This number, e.g. 90% would slowly decrease until 50%, depending on how long you leave it since the initial collection time for the actual items themselves.

So it could start off with a timer of 2 days to collect the items from insurance.

If you go to collect them after 3 days, then you only get 90% of their value in cash.

Then if you leave it for 4 days, then you get 80% value in cash.

Then so on, 5 days = 70%, 6 days = 60% then 7 days = 50%.

Then if you leave it longer than a whole week without collecting your items / money, then you would lose it all.#

What do you all think?

extending the insurance return time to include a 7 day options will allow players who can only play at certain times of the week able to play and claim items without loosing out.

a monetary reduction will just make it an unviable as it currently is. 

7day return time with 24 hours time to claim will mean people can't just use it to use it as extra storage.

maybe not emplyable, but a slider of time vs money would be good, and the longer it is in a raid under insurance for the more damaged it comes out (if it does)

They could, I suppose, introduce a timer that only counts down when player is actually in game.

So keep the time limit as it is now but it only counts down whilst logged into game, This would stop the active guys that would/could use it as storage space as the timer would be obviously ticking as they played but would allow the not very active guys the chance of getting insured gear back.

Edited by Angrybiker

an active timer, would just end up with a lot of gear just sitting on the database. so there has to be a timer to wipe it and free up the space.

just an extension to 7 days return will work and be easiest. no need to over complicate things with degrading gear or value reduction. just slightly higher cost of the insurance for the longer return and done.

Yeah please do something about this. I'm sometimes out for a weekend or 2-3 days where I can not access Tarkov. It is a shame of loosing all items then just because there had been no chance to login to the game. Another option would be to give you maybe 60-70% of the purchase-price of the items in return when it was timed out. The current system in some points makes the insurance senseless.