leodigarius

Instant Death?

I'm relatively new, but I've put a fair bit of time into the game and lately I've been running into an incredibly annoying bug, exploit, hack, or whatever.

I've been doing hatchet runs in Factory to get gear and when I get rolled, I know when I get rolled. The issue I'm having is out of nowhere I get killed in a safe spot. For example, I'll be hiding in one of the bathroom stalls at full health waiting for some crazy gun battle to die down, and then I just fall over and die. The kill gets attributed to a player, but no one was around or could possibly have shot me. It wasn't a grenade because you would at least hear the pin being pulled, the grenade bouncing off a wall or the floor, and hear an impact sound on your player if the explosion doesn't trigger. Either I've been experiencing the server desync of the century all weekend, or there seems to be some kind of instant kill aimbot garbage out there.

This isn't an impossible task, there used to be an incredibly nasty one for Battlefield 3 that let you kill anyone on the map without needing line of sight, but I haven't seen anyone else mentioning this anywhere. Has anyone else run into this issue?

3 minutes ago, SteveTheAussie said:

Just Desync.

If it is just desync, that's a huge buzzkill. I was having a fantastic time until that started happening, and now I don't even want to bother with my PMC and just do Scav runs.

It might not be just desync, I was on woods with my buddy on our scav runs, and I watched him die to literally nothing, no shot sounds or anything, and then a split second later I died the same way. The animation on my screen was like I was getting shot point blank, but zero sound and nothing around either of us. Ive also seen some similar weird things happening to various people streaming the game. And the devs have been watching and literally told the streamer their server was not lagging, that it wasn't on their end. 

I dont think its desync. My friend was lighting up the roof scav on customs and I was a good 20 feet behind him and he was clearly shooting 90 degrees away from me and I drop dead and it said he killed me. I guess hits registering the wrong person?

Let's just say the netcode needs improvment ... like a lot.

Edited by Sparti
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, NocturnalNuns said:

I dont think its desync. My friend was lighting up the roof scav on customs and I was a good 20 feet behind him and he was clearly shooting 90 degrees away from me and I drop dead and it said he killed me. I guess hits registering the wrong person?

The name of the person that killed you might not be accurate (Went on several runs where it says friendlies killed me when i was looking and they obviously didn't. Went on runs where friendlies did kill me in a safe area with it saying a different player killed me, tried it again and again it said that another player killed me squad mate got exp both times.)

20 hours ago, bookcoda said:

The name of the person that killed you might not be accurate (Went on several runs where it says friendlies killed me when i was looking and they obviously didn't. Went on runs where friendlies did kill me in a safe area with it saying a different player killed me, tried it again and again it said that another player killed me squad mate got exp both times.)

Interesting. I hope thats the case.

I've had that instant death thing happen twice this week. You just randomly die from what appears like fall damage. Both times this has happened to me both legs go from full health to blacked 1 frame before I die in the recording. It's not desync since in neither of those deaths did I ever jump from anything.