websmith

Not all are assholes in this game

So I was playing on  customs, trying to finish the mission where you have to find the bronze pocket watch - and naturally it starts bad - some guy is camping the land bridge and kills my friend and leave me with one fracture in my leg and a concussion - so my entire game is looking blurry and i move with the speed of a glacier.

I wait for 5 minutes and is just about to try to get across the land bridge when I see a squad of fully decked out players, helmets, body armor, sniper rifles, M4A1 you name it, so I quickly crawl back into my hole and wait patiently.

A few minutes after i limp across the land bridge and make it to the tanker just to find out that with a broken leg I cannot finish the quest, since i cannot jump up onto the crate you have to stand on to be able to grab the watch. (Please fix so you can walk or pull yourself up).

Anyway - I decide that I might as well try to limp to the exit, knowing that my chances are below zero for actually making it out alive.

So I prudently put my handgun into my alpha container and limp down the road oblivious to the danger that surrounds me.

Further up the road I see blurry movement on the train bridge that crosses the road and I crouch to think.

Naturally the people have seen me and instead of shooting me, one of the guys comes towards me, seeing that I only have an axe in my hand, he does the Q+E dancing and I follow suit. He then see that I have a broken leg because of my limp and he drops a Grizzly med kit for me to heal my leg with. I heal up and drop it back down - he then gestures for me to follow him and since I have nothing to lose and everything to win, I follow him to his squad of killers.

Sitting on the bridge, they shoot left, right and center and kills whoever gets near. One of the guys drop an AK-74U - not sure why, so I can help or defend myself - after a while one of the guys, the leader of the squad indicates that I should follow him and it seems like the squad moves in to exit the map.

I follow and inside the factory grounds the leader drops another AK-74U and tells me to follow him. He then leads me to the exit in the south of the map at the gas station. He then takes out a scav and drops a M4A1 with a 60 shot magazine, silencer and a dual 4x and red dot scope and indicates that I should pick it up.

Not believing my luck I pick it up and start dropping all kinds of loot that I had picked up, to give something back.

He then indicates that I should pick it all up again and then points to the ground, so I think he means that I should drop the M4A1 for him again - I naturally do that since I already got two AK's and I thought he might just wanted me to hold it while he was doing some inventory shuffling.

But he then indicates that I should pick it up and the he leads me to the exit making sure that I ex filtrate and wiggle back and forth with Q+E and thumps up while the timer counts down. I naturally do the same not believing my luck.

I just wanted you guys to hear a story thats not all about spawn killing and assholes :-)

I have no clue who ever the guys were, but thank you for giving me a good experience.

P.S. I wish the developers would develops a "I surrender" gesture, like sticking up your hands in the air, so there are no misunderstandings about the intentions of the other player.

Edited by websmith
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Great story, and a very uncommon one. Don't expect this to happen again in a hurry though, if ever. I've no idea why they didn't dispose of you let alone arm you, very unusual. But yeah great story and I like the surrender gesture idea.

I will be atypical but I always help hatclings distribute weapons and open the factory shortcuts. The fact is that I always play alone and I love to do a raid in the company of strangers without the need to use the microphone, just gestures (which I love). I'm usec but also helping the bear. Even in the same scav mode, when people understand it is much more useful and fun to cooperate instead of killing the scav player while they are born. I have the inventory full and I often do not know where to put the weapons then into raid with dual weapon to be distributed to the first possible ally I meet.

• Like 2

Cool story man!! - im sure weve all had storys like this where people have helped and same in return...generally everyone kills everyone but its these storys that are always cool to read and experience if your lucky enough.

I was farming for my flashdrives for the skier quest, ( just using a mackarov). And I came across a knifer near the campsite. He wiggled at me and I wiggled back. We ended up running around and I dropped a scav and picked up the AKU and gave the random knifer bud my mac fully expecting to get head shot right away. But he did not, we ended up killing most of the scavs in the area and a few players. Both ended up with good loot/gear and I let him take the helmet off one of the scavs. Not all players are bad. 

Side note, PLAYER SCAVS STOP KILLING EACH OTHER, its totally not cool. 

20 hours ago, Ekoes said:

I will be atypical but I always help hatclings distribute weapons and open the factory shortcuts. The fact is that I always play alone and I love to do a raid in the company of strangers without the need to use the microphone, just gestures (which I love). I'm usec but also helping the bear. Even in the same scav mode, when people understand it is much more useful and fun to cooperate instead of killing the scav player while they are born. I have the inventory full and I often do not know where to put the weapons then into raid with dual weapon to be distributed to the first possible ally I meet.

8 hours ago, mtwiley said:

I was farming for my flashdrives for the skier quest, ( just using a mackarov). And I came across a knifer near the campsite. He wiggled at me and I wiggled back. We ended up running around and I dropped a scav and picked up the AKU and gave the random knifer bud my mac fully expecting to get head shot right away. But he did not, we ended up killing most of the scavs in the area and a few players. Both ended up with good loot/gear and I let him take the helmet off one of the scavs. Not all players are bad. 

Side note, PLAYER SCAVS STOP KILLING EACH OTHER, its totally not cool. 

I personally am fine with people being assholes what pisses me off is when people are so aggressive that all they accomplish is killing you just to kill you IE executing a player scav next to a group of 5 AI where they gained absolutely nothing by killing you as they get immediately lit up by the two ak and 2 shotgun scavs 10 feet away.

Well, i'm glad the OP has met probably one of 10 people who are nice on this game.  From these forums, its pretty obvious most are sociopaths on here not that its surprising.