pkarolcz0

completly unplayable mess.

I bought the game week ago,this game atm is literally unplayable,freezing on loading screens,huge stuttering and fps drops,i cannot even exit from the game cause my computer just melts.

Its NOT my rig,i can handle most new games in 60fps and i  had no such issues with any game before. (Maybe because i never bought any work in progress alphas or betas.).

I Cleaned graphics drivers,sound drivers,installed on every partition,tried to launch via launcher and exe,no diference so far.

Is there any solution to that or am i the only lucky one to experience such problems.

Specs: Geforce980GTX/8GB RAM/ intel i74790k 4.4 Ghz

Edited by pkarolcz0
  • Like 2

Well in most of the games nowadays 8 gigs are the minimum >.< 

8 gigs standard is like 4-6 years late. 16 gigs are the on-going standard.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

i have 16 gigs of ram and can confirm. 

windows 10

16gb of ram

geforce 1070 strix

i5 6700k

bought the game about a week ago. last week has been unplayable. 

eg:

taking damage with no sound or visual cue....  while running random prone sounds.  any other player or scav comes into view frames drop/freeZe.  tried offline same thing. freezes first encounter. I want this to work so. any suggestions appreciated. sincerely disappointed right now. 

You can listen to their advice and upgrade to 16GB but this in any way dose not relate to the problem, i run 12GB of ram and 99% of the time the game runs great, as of right now i suffer what you are suffering, its an issue with their servers.

The same issue happen a week ago but dissapeared all of a sudden after 2 days of people reporting it. i believe its a matter of time till it gets fixed, a very short time.

Edited by guytrance

8 hours ago, Cruxiaer said:

get 16GB ram.

6 hours ago, slaughter1 said:

mate i had the same problem then i upgraded to 16gb ram game runs as good as can be expected 

6 hours ago, sYs said:

Well in most of the games nowadays 8 gigs are the minimum >.< 

8 gigs standard is like 4-6 years late. 16 gigs are the on-going standard.

People like you are the worst in gaming community. This game since last patch causes troubles for people with either 8gb and 16gb nonetheless the fact that before patch they could run it smoothly ( me included). But you with your lack of knowlege on the topic go on with your stupid and confusing "advices"

To the OP:
Noone will asure you that buying another 8gb ram will help, it may or may not. Like is stated before many people have problems since last patch with fps stuttering despite the number of RAM they have. I personally have 8 gb and ran this game smothly on all maps before the patch, now it's impossible to play.
So my advice is either wait and see or buy more RAM but beware this may not solve this problem.

• Like 2

Just now, lizakk said:

People like you are the worst in gaming community. This game since last patch causes troubles for people with either 8gb and 16gb nonetheless the fact that before patch they could run it smoothly ( me included). But you with your lack of knowlege on the topic go on with your stupid and confusing "advices"

To the OP:
Noone will asure you that buying another 8gb ram will help, it may or may not. Like is stated before many people have problems since last patch with fps stuttering despite the number of RAM they have. I personally have 8 gb and ran this game smothly on all maps before the patch, now it's impossible to play.
So my advice is either wait and see or buy more RAM but beware this may not solve this problem.

I was implying that you do need 16gigs nowadays.

Ram usage in this game will never stick to 4 gigs. The more graphical and good looking features they add - the more you will need to load up in your ram. I know about fps drops i have overall 10% fps drop fraom last patch and about 20% while looking down the scope.

As for map loading and cpu/ram usage. This patch is better for me

Maps load for me 1-2min max ( on ssd ) data loading goes instantly and cpu usage doesn't go up 20% and ram usage never above 3,8 gigs whatever map i play. Tho i'm playing on old car (R9 290) and my settings are pretty low in 1080p res. 

20 minutes ago, lizakk said:

To the OP:

I think the person who lacks knowledge is you. My advice to upgrade to 16gb is sound. The game currently leaks memory. The longer you play/run the game, the higher the chance for you to encounter some weird glitches or bugs that are bizarre. I run the game at 32GB RAM, initially it uses only 5gb or so and slowly piles up to 12gb. When this happens to a system with less ram, the game will crash, stutter, glitch and die.

Like you said, upgrading the ram is not the real solution to the problem but it is the one solution you can do if you plan to run the game with a lot less weird poo happening to you. Fixing memory leak is definitely not a priority as its still in closed beta.

Edited by Cruxiaer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Cruxiaer said:

get 16GB ram.

I'm using 8GB of DDR and things are running fine for me. 

Although I did find it running choppy initially after the update (it went back to normal after 2 days) & after the hotfix (it went back to normal after 1 day). 

Like everybody is saying, the ram is probably your bottle neck.  8GB of ram should be fine for any finished game but games in Alpha or Beta often use a lot of ram due to poor optimisation and/or memory leaks.  So, if you want to play Alpha/Beta games you need a lot of memory.

Just as important, what size swap file do you run?
Increasing your swap file to 16GB also will 'probably' do wonderous things for your game. It did for mine and several other people that have done it.

Until a few days ago i had absolutely no problem playing the game. customs was running perfectly and everything else too. now i cant join any other map than factory without having my pc starting to sound like a jericho trumpet. i use 8gigs of ram and i was completely fine

2 hours ago, Cruxiaer said:

I think the person who lacks knowledge is you. My advice to upgrade to 16gb is sound. The game currently leaks memory. The longer you play/run the game, the higher the chance for you to encounter some weird glitches or bugs that are bizarre. I run the game at 32GB RAM, initially it uses only 5gb or so and slowly piles up to 12gb. When this happens to a system with less ram, the game will crash, stutter, glitch and die.

Like you said, upgrading the ram is not the real solution to the problem but it is the one solution you can do if you plan to run the game with a lot less weird poo happening to you. Fixing memory leak is definitely not a priority as its still in closed beta.

Uhm so explain to me how is that possible that after patch many people with 16gb claim to have same problem as those with 8gb? Suddenly for all those people game has memory leaks but at same time for others with 8 or 16 game runs smoothly? Magic.

Edited by lizakk

Same problem here.

W10

i5-6500

8gb DDR4

1060 6gb 

Before patch the game was working GREAT. No random stutter, no 3-4 seconds freezing in firefights, no nothing. I was always playing in between 70-55fps most of the time for hours.

Now it feels unplayable. Each time I face a scav, the game will completely freeze to the point where you are dead before you can even do anything. Don't come to me and give me the 16gb excuse. I also experienced the desynced deads of dying from invisible damage being in cover or running around. Servers are fucked up right now. 

Edited by Lijazos
  • Upvote 1

I just looked at my task manager and found eft using 6GB. So I think that we should to is go into  game and then wait 1 minute to successfully ALT+TAB and then you can know if it is the ram that is causing you issues or something eslse.

22 hours ago, pkarolcz0 said:

I bought the game week ago,this game atm is literally unplayable,freezing on loading screens,huge stuttering and fps drops,i cannot even exit from the game cause my computer just melts.

Welcome to Tarkov, enjoy your stay. Or as the devs and mods say "you should have known what you're getting into before buying". Verbatim. 

19 hours ago, Cruxiaer said:

get 16GB ram.

Lies. Don't believe him. I have 16 and it runs like butt. 

17 hours ago, slaughter1 said:

mate i had the same problem then i upgraded to 16gb ram game runs as good as can be expected 

In other words, barely. 

15 hours ago, Faufar said:

i have 16 gigs of ram and can confirm. 

windows 10

16gb of ram

geforce 1070 strix

i5 6700k

bought the game about a week ago. last week has been unplayable. 

eg:

taking damage with no sound or visual cue....  while running random prone sounds.  any other player or scav comes into view frames drop/freeZe.  tried offline same thing. freezes first encounter. I want this to work so. any suggestions appreciated. sincerely disappointed right now. 

Your CPU is not powerful enough. The game is extremely CPU heavy. Unless you have an i7 with at least 3.4Ghz, forget about it. 

Just now, TheCrippler said:

Welcome to Tarkov, enjoy your stay. Or as the devs and mods say "you should have known what you're getting into before buying". Verbatim. 

Lies. Don't believe him. I have 16 and it runs like butt. 

In other words, barely. 

Your CPU is not powerful enough. The game is extremely CPU heavy. Unless you have an i7 with at least 3.4Ghz, forget about it. 

Did you read me? Till this patch I've been playing it in high-ultra setings around 60fps. I've seen streamers with high-end PCs suffer those stutters and freezes lol

My god, this forum.

googles definition of Beta "The beta version of a game is as close to perfect as the company can make it, but any bugs, glitches or other issues discovered in beta testing will usually be addressed before the game's official release."

Just gonna put this here.

Edited by Lasti

1 hour ago, Lijazos said:

Did you read me? Till this patch I've been playing it in high-ultra setings around 60fps. I've seen streamers with high-end PCs suffer those stutters and freezes lol

My god, this forum.

Just fast tracking you to that conclusion. My god, this forum indeed. 

16 hours ago, AODqw97 said:

Just as important, what size swap file do you run?
Increasing your swap file to 16GB also will 'probably' do wonderous things for your game. It did for mine and several other people that have done it.

You mean PAGE file? Increasing page file is an indicator of inadequate RAM speed/efficiency/amount, and is really a bandaid fix all things considered. It's usable, but I would address the issue as it stands before relying on that, because that will only get you so far... especially on a game that's still working on optimization.