slapshot

scav lameness

hey everyone,,is it just me or are raids getting lame,a buddy and I play quite a lot always going in with gear to last a while in a raid either to loot or get into firefights.i enjoy Tarkov  i think its prob one of the best concepts ever for a game and the gunplay is unmatched ,dev team is on top of everything and are very active.but lately after killing a few hatchling and poorly geared player with pistols and so on,you work your way through the map only to find every extraction is littered with dead scav,,doesn't take a genius to fig out what has gone on here long story short if scav players spawn in and just kill off all the other scav and loot what's the point of having an hr plus long instance,i've gone so far as extracting with 2 min left on the server just to hold out for better geared scavs ,just to end with the same gear i went in with and maybe a few things i've found along the way,i personally use the scavs as watchdogs when i play as one its very effective i've gotten all 4 of my helmets that way off geared players  that the AI and i have taken down and it's a whole lot of fun to try and hunt down players is there anything that's going to be done to try and make the raids a little less AIDS a times,, like i said i enjoy the gave very much and not complaining just looking for more action while im playing

Later on scav extraction points will be adjusted to possibly make them have to extract where pmc spawn in. Also there will be penalties in place to deter so much scav on scav.

I honestly think the "better geared scavs spawn later" is a myth. I see scavs with fort/helmets/full size AK/SKS all the time without waiting around in the raid for long periods of time

• Like 1

10 hours ago, necuja said:

Later on scav extraction points will be adjusted to possibly make them have to extract where pmc spawn in. Also there will be penalties in place to deter so much scav on scav.

Adding separate SCAV extraction points seems like a low-effort change that would immensely improve the gameplay.

You guys work on expanding the Shoreline map. Why make it even bigger when player scavs can extract faster than you can even get to them?

I appreciate how you feel, Especially if your not playing solo.  I found that once I got gear I hardly play scav anymore.  I think if you make player scav simply a thing for geared teams to hunt ....... far fewer will play as scav.  Except for beginners who just need the gear.  Once the game is in full release for say 4 months.  Pretty much everybody will have a full stash.  Changing the exits is a good short term solution.  However I think they need to fix the desync issues first as I sure there are some players who are so disadvantaged that they simply can not win against a PMC, hence why they kill AI and run out.

Edited by Underhook

On 10/10/2017 at 7:22 AM, Underhook said:

I appreciate how you feel, Especially if your not playing solo.  I found that once I got gear I hardly play scav anymore.  I think if you make player scav simply a thing for geared teams to hunt ....... far fewer will play as scav.  Except for beginners who just need the gear.  Once the game is in full release for say 4 months.  Pretty much everybody will have a full stash.  Changing the exits is a good short term solution.  However I think they need to fix the desync issues first as I sure there are some players who are so disadvantaged that they simply can not win against a PMC, hence why they kill AI and run out.

I really like setting up ambushes for geared players, where they normally would not expect scavs to be at I just hate it when my plan is messed up by the other player scavs that spawn in who just want to settle for another scav shotgun. I like to go after the big fish!

you all have great feedback thanks im glad im not the only one who feels this way,, setting ambushes  is a great thing love doing it even if i get wrecked playing as a scav still good fun,, and i also play very little as a scav lately because  about 5 sec after i spawn in im either i get a broken leg or killed by other player scavs,,i have plenty of gear i gain it and lose it just the same ,,half the fun is fighting my way out after a great raid where  you killed some pmcs only to just kinda walk out like well ok,,and when you play with another player its like well theres not enough loot for the both of us,,love the game  just the same