dhristan

Sound of dropping to prone

Last round I played I noticed a prominence of the sound of the thud of others (not me) dropping prone. The sound was so frequent--4 or 5 times as I moved through the entirety of customs--and so loud (as if it was a few feet away)--that I'm wondering if this was possibly a sound glitch. 

It's very possible people really were dropping to prone upon hearing me pass; but in that case, the sound was just far too loud.

6 minutes ago, dhristan said:

Last round I played I noticed a prominence of the sound of the thud of others (not me) dropping prone. The sound was so frequent--4 or 5 times as I moved through the entirety of customs--and so loud (as if it was a few feet away)--that I'm wondering if this was possibly a sound glitch. 

It's very possible people really were dropping to prone upon hearing me pass; but in that case, the sound was just far too loud.

I have also notice this...

i have a theory what this could be. nearly every raid i hear this sound for the first 2 minutes after the raid started. then again at 5-7 minutes into the raid when player scavs do spawn. i think this sound is prominent when other players do spawn.

• Upvote 2

It could be related to the issue of scavs and PMCs spawning in at a central point then being transferred to to the designated spawn points. If so this sound issue could also tie into the bug where you spawn into a raid with broken legs etc *shrug* 

@Cedd_ yeah that could be right have this bug really often and your theory could explain a lot. But i never have this in the beginning of a round always after 7-15min. At the beginning only hear me dropping in blackscreen but the other sound we speak of is like you running and jump into prone.

Always make so paranoid when i hear it ;).

Edited by SpeedyGonzales