39 minutes ago, Patfast said:

There's much more to it than that. The VSS Vintorez is made to use 10 round magazines firing SP-5 armor piercing ammo. The bullet is appromximately 60 grain heavier than the SP-6 which the AS VAL fires, as the VSS is intended to be used on semi auto. Conversely, the AS VAL uses 20 round magazines and uses SP-6 powderless ammo, which allows for maximum stealth when used on full auto. The SP-6 round weighs (as previously stated) 60 grain less than the SP-5 round, but its intended range is far closer than the VSS, as the Val is intended to be used as a stealth assault weapon whereas the Vintorez is a sentry remover, similar to the VKS developed by the KBP.

Both ofg the weapons are built around the same platform, the bulltes are interchangeable afaik. Only the use is different, and one of the is more compact.

On 6/1/2016 at 0:54 AM, TarkovEscaper said:

Name: VSS vintorez
Type: sniper rifle
Country of origin: USSR/Russia
Produced: 1987 +
Variants: -
Caliber: 9x39
Action: long-stroke gas piston
Feed system: box magazine
Customization: Various mounts and rails for attachments of sights and tactical devices

eft_vss_shot1.jpg

eft_vss_shot2.jpg

eft_vss_shot3.jpg

eft_vss_shot4.jpg

Looking good. I hope it performs better than the Dayz version:

That VSS is beautiful. Do you release the new gun images soon as the weapon is done by the team? Or did you complete this a while ago and just stagger the teases to be evenly spread out?

Looks great, 9x39mm SP-5/6 doesn't get enough love in game. Hopefully we'll see more guns in the caliber like the VSK-94, 9A-91, OTs-14 and SR-3M.

1 час назад, ivantherussian сказал:

@TarkovEscaper will the pso 1 scope attach to its correspondent weapons that we already see in game like the ak 74 and any other ak series rifles that come later?

It will attach to all the guns, that have "lastochkin hvost"

• Upvote 2

On 2016/5/31 at 5:15 PM, Mauricius said:

That looks very nice, reminds me of the one in stalker except more realistic.

Ah nuuuuuuu

On 2016/6/8 at 3:34 AM, TheOtherSlug said:

.308 SOCOM to counter this please?

Its a 9mm rifle 

Nice, I've always liked this rifle. It looks great too. Can't wait to hand out dirt sleeps to unsuspecting victims.

Mck.

Will this weapon be a rare find?..i hope snipers are not too common in EFT,Otherwise it just becomes a sniper fest and gets boring fast.

20 часов назад, Nevakonaza сказал:

Will this weapon be a rare find?..i hope snipers are not too common in EFT,Otherwise it just becomes a sniper fest and gets boring fast.

Super Mega Rare

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, ivantherussian said:

9mm rifle? wtf are u talking about bro

I am sure that VSS a a 9mm rifle, Just wiki it, Thats why you cant heard it when it firing

6 hours ago, ivantherussian said:

9mm rifle? wtf are u talking about bro

9mm X 39, Russian style

On 05/31/2016 at 9:54 AM, TarkovEscaper said:

Name: VSS vintorez
Type: sniper rifle
Country of origin: USSR/Russia
Produced: 1987 +
Variants: -
Caliber: 9x39
Action: long-stroke gas piston
Feed system: box magazine
Customization: Various mounts and rails for attachments of sights and tactical devices

eft_vss_shot1.jpg

eft_vss_shot2.jpg

eft_vss_shot3.jpg

eft_vss_shot4.jpg

Is it just me or do these look more...clay-like than the other model images for the other guns we've seen?

Also, @TarkovEscaper, for image 2, does having the dust cover off change the chamber check animation? Or is that just a shifted camera angle?

7 часов назад, Zoraxon сказал:

Also, @TarkovEscaper, for image 2, does having the dust cover off change the chamber check animation? Or is that just a shifted camera angle?

It is just camera angle, in game you will always check it the same way