PIK

Multiple gameaccounts a problem?

Im thinking about buying another game copy, just for fun to play the char up and in far future when it will be possible to swap direct items between chars as a kind of stash.

Couldnt find anything about if it is allowed / forbidden / unwanted

I know some online MMO's dont allow or like this, so are there things i should know before i do?

Greetz PIK

• Upvote 2

I am not sure if this is in regards to the game itself or just the forums, but just to be safe, I would wait for guidance from a developer or moderator.

Direct from the "Forum Rules"

Creating multiple accounts, alts
The forum does not closely monitor, but nevertheless restricts the creation and use of multiple accounts for various abusive actions, violation of rules or artificial reputation boosts.
Penalty:
-Permanent ban of all alternative accounts.
-Owner of the alternative accounts may receive, based on degree of abuse, either a warning or ban from 1 day to permanent one. 

Found on reddit Forums:   

Edited by oKoNnR
Added info & Source
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oKoNnR said:

I am not sure if this is in regards to the game itself or just the forums, but just to be safe, I would wait for guidance from a developer or moderator.

The forum does not closely monitor, but nevertheless restricts the creation and use of multiple accounts for various abusive actions, violation of rules or artificial reputation boosts.
Penalty:
-Owner of the alternative accounts may receive, based on degree of abuse, either a warning or ban from 1 day to permanent one. 

Right, this. You beat me to it. I'm not sure if this affects the game accounts too, or is related to the forums accounts only. I'm also interested in finding out.

3 minutes ago, oKoNnR said:

Penalty:

These are forum rules, not game rules. 

• Like 2

yeah readn the forum rules allready a lot, think it should be ok from that side if you dont use both accounts to spook around here in the forum and like dislike your own stuff, but yeah an answer from a mod or dev was the motivation to open this thread =)

i knew some streamers got 2 or more accs because they became the pressacc as a gift and keept the old one seperate, but streamers are not like normal people^^

vor 12 Minuten schrieb oKoNnR:

Found on reddit Forums:   

mhh would make sence, but reddit is reddit

Just now, PIK said:

mhh would make sence, but reddit is reddit

Reddit is not official. Also, what the duck means "one account can have 3 gaming profiles"? Where can I make more profiles? lol

ok, If you look at the launcher and hover over your name it gives you an option to switch user account.  I think that feature would be non-existent if they did not want people to buy second copies of the game.  Then again, who knows.  I would still suggest getting some clarification, but it seems to be allowed.

Just now, oKoNnR said:

ok, If you look at the launcher and hover over your name it gives you an option to switch user account.

Yes, changing account. On reddit there was that ONE account can have up to 3 PROFILES. :D never seen that stuff. I wouldn't trust anything on reddit.

4 minutes ago, Forien said:

Reddit is not official. Also, what the duck means "one account can have 3 gaming profiles"? Where can I make more profiles? lol

No one said it was official.   Moreover, the developers have said that you will be abled to have multiple characters on one account on release.  

Edited by oKoNnR

vor 4 Minuten schrieb oKoNnR:

ok, If you look at the launcher and hover over your name it gives you an option to switch user account.  I think that feature would be non-existent if they did not want people to buy second copies of the game.

Nearly every Online Game have this option  :)

Multi Accounts are allowed,if you bought a second copy of the game.....

Just check some streamers... a lot of them have more then one account...

But sharing stuff between that accounts is only possible with the way which all use ... (Raids)

Also i cant confirm that launching 2 EFT Games from the same IP at the same Time will not give a disconnect or something

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb BlinkYxxl1:

But sharing stuff between that accounts is only possible with the way which all use ... (Raids)

there is coming some kind of feature to share items between clanmembers (unconfirmed)

vor 5 Minuten schrieb BlinkYxxl1:

Also i cant confirm that launching 2 EFT Games from the same IP at the same Time will not give a disconnect or something

interesting to know also, because i dont wonna play both at the same time, but when the sharingstuff rly comes, i would want to be online in the charakter screen with both chars to drag stuff around

Pretty sure devs made a general descision about that, maybe its just not public yet, so lets wait all togheter for somebody who knows for sure its 100% ok to have multiple gameaccs registered to one physical person.

No reason to dispute about =) im not runnin out of time with this, nothing rly important

i´m 100% sure the devs are happy about +1 sold copies of the game ^^

The rule with only 1 account each phys player is to 90% from "Free to Play" Online Games

It really shouldnt be an issue. Devs get more money, and you dont really gain anything. It's not like you gain money each day for logging in like a mobile game or something.