hidden_citizen

Arena Mode

Hi there Devs, I'm planning a tournament within our discord community to give the players something new and fresh to do.. For that I require the Arena mode.. (In my head the Arena mode will be a 2v2 where you can choose who fights who in a small map) It will be like the world cup you will start in groups of 4 teams each and then go to the elimination rounds and whom ever wins will get a prize.. but the question really is.. when can we expect the arena mode? I dont want a hard date but rather a hint ;).. I mean should I start the planning for the tournament or is it to soon? (Soon=max 1 month) wink wink....

Thanks

Arena will be more then just 2v2, this can be expected to be a 1-5 team situation. As to a rough date, even soon cannot be given as we do not have an estimate on this.

Personally I cannot think of anything worse for this game than a PvP arena. This isn't an aFPS, or Battlefield/COD-style game. There are plenty of those already out there that people can play, as far as I'm concerned.

The only way I think it could 'work' is if there are no loot rewards or anything from winning in an arena, as I feel that would ruin any economy in the rest of the main game. If it's purely a kill-count and kudos reward, then maybe that'll fly. Keep it ENTIRELY separate from the proper Tarkov experience.

Edited by Deadmode
  • Like 2

a pvp arena would be great in this game since its nothing like the fps games that are out now. having to heal, broken leg, shrapnel flying everywhere from grenades, blood loss, the variety of guns and ammo that have different affect, having a team with no hud only communication 

On 10/22/2017 at 9:18 AM, Deadmode said:

Personally I cannot think of anything worse for this game than a PvP arena. This isn't an aFPS, or Battlefield/COD-style game. There are plenty of those already out there that people can play, as far as I'm concerned.

The only way I think it could 'work' is if there are no loot rewards or anything from winning in an arena, as I feel that would ruin any economy in the rest of the main game. If it's purely a kill-count and kudos reward, then maybe that'll fly. Keep it ENTIRELY separate from the proper Tarkov experience.

Why not just include a gambling system for cash. like each team puts up X amount of dollars. winning team takes all. The only down side would be if someone was hacking they would steal everyone else's money. 

I do agree that it should have no loot rewards at all. But that being said i also don't think its that bad for the game. It will just give people options to chose of things to chose from, people love options. 

But an arena mode isn't what this game is supposed to be. We already have PvP that fits very well with the style of gameplay. A competitive or arena mode is just a totally different direction for the game and its intended playstyle. 

I would personally prefer that the developers spend their valuable time focussing on the core gameplay and experience of EFT and not waste it on this. Let anyone wanting a competitive shooter to play many of the 'options'  that already exist.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Deadmode:

I would personally prefer that the developers spend their valuable time focussing on the core gameplay and experience of EFT and not waste it on this.

same here :)

• Like 2

The arena mode has been in the Project since it began development and probably its already in some sort of implementation.. plus it will be just a small map with matchmaking without bots.. they dont have to deviate so much from the current core gameplay

I feel the arena will be great. it gives you a chance to really get some trigger time with different weapons and feel what's right for you. plus after getting pounded in raids all day something a little different could be a decent time out without walking out on tarkov.

I think that arena would be fine when you want to play just for fun without risk your things . It happened sometimes that after a hard work day I would play EFT but I can play just a scav since I'm too tired to think to much. More it give us the possibilities to involve clans for competitive match. 

On the other hand it would be better if you can use just the guns you have in your stash (without losing them). Because otherwise it will ruin the experience of using the first time a new gun that you have just found somewhere during the "stock" game. 

Someone thought it would be fun to raise this thread from the dead so...

On 10/23/2017 at 12:18 AM, Deadmode said:

Personally I cannot think of anything worse for this game than a PvP arena.

two-cents-from-abe-lincoln.png